What made you Lol Today?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby someone else » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Top of the Pops 1980 on BBC 4: AC DC playing Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution followed by St Winifred's School Choir singing There's No One Quite Like Grandma
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:23 pm

someone else wrote:Top of the Pops 1980 on BBC 4: AC DC playing Rock n Roll Ain't Noise Pollution followed by St Winifred's School Choir singing There's No One Quite Like Grandma

FWIW, they didn't all turn out to be angels. One of the choir went on to became a feature in the London metal and goth scenes, although I haven't seen her for years now.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Started doing some gigs for Jewish weddings, which are quite fun but last night it was a proper haisidic Jewish wedding, where all the male and female guests have to be separate for the whole night.
All the men wore these huge furry hats and danced around in crazy circles and at the end of the night a fat guy sat down and paid everyone in wads of £50 :lol:
I think Jewish weddings are my favourite

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Nantha wrote:Started doing some gigs for Jewish weddings, which are quite fun but last night it was a proper haisidic Jewish wedding, where all the male and female guests have to be separate for the whole night.
All the men wore these huge furry hats and danced around in crazy circles and at the end of the night a fat guy sat down and paid everyone in wads of £50 :lol:
I think Jewish weddings are my favourite

Were they those big round ones that look like a big furry chocolate cake? Shtreimels I think they're called.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Just came across a petition to rename Belfast International to Joey Dunlop International Airport. Because then we can have TWO airports named after sportspeople who killed themselves irresponsibly.
Upcoming Gigs

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Just came across a petition to rename Belfast International to Joey Dunlop International Airport. Because then we can have TWO airports named after sportspeople who killed themselves irresponsibly.

What was irresponsible about his death?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:14 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:32 am

Tet wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Just came across a petition to rename Belfast International to Joey Dunlop International Airport. Because then we can have TWO airports named after sportspeople who killed themselves irresponsibly.

What was irresponsible about his death?

The whole sport of superbike racing is pretty reckless. Maybe its not the same thing as George Best drinking himself to death but Dunlop is definitely still a part of our weird idolization of self-destructive people (see also, Alex Higgins.)
Upcoming Gigs

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Things that happened during my 13 hour shift as the second (of two new) qualified nurses and shift co-ordinator yesterday, with none of us managing violence/restraint trained:

*EVERYONE was on drugs. The amount and the potency of the stuff we had to confiscate meant the clinic room I was very professionally dishing meds out in smelled like it might as well have had Bob Marley posters hanging on the walls.

*An already very grumpy older Scottish lady, with a history of heart attacks, had taken amphetamines and became even shoutier, banging on about Lucifer from 7am to the extent that she was having chest pains. Was kicking off and trying to leave A&E before they even got the blood test results to say whether it was a heart attack or not, their staff were trying to send her home, our doctors were saying she had to stay and be restrained and given IM medication there. Of course, I was the dickhead stuck in the middle.

*Another woman was then kicking off about all the drugs on the ward and set herself on fire on the toilet. There were two staff trying to restrain her on the toilet and no one else around to help.

*A girl said she couldn't breathe and that she was going to collapse. I had to charge into the middle of review to grab a doctor only for her to refuse to talk or let us do anything to her.

*Out of nowhere, a foot came through the reinforced glass/wire window in the middle of handover, which shattered all over the room. I thought ISIS had arrived. Turns out it was just another of the women who had also secretly been making a weapon out of razor heads and a TV aerial to attack us all with.

Women.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Fuck all that for a laugh. I'm uncomfortable enough about this scary twitchy kid who has some kind of condition I can't put my name on (ADD/tourettes/autism/crackbaby/whatever) that's started hanging out in the Co-op down the road. I mean, poor lad's obviously got something wrong with him but he seems to have some kinda relationship with the staff there so they do nothing about it. Can't deal.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:57 pm

wtaf.

How are the crazy people getting hold of drugs?

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:03 pm

BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:08 pm

WMMLT: The fantastic spin on this headline:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56E888F4

It's Corbyn's fault for Cameron's desire to bomb syria.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:28 pm

Let's all sign an online petition and then the Queen will have to fire David Cameron!
bless

change.org/p/hrh-queen-elizabeth-ii-demand-david-cameron-s-resignation-immediately?source_location=petitions_share_skip

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Signed. :D
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson