What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Green Man III » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:45 pm

kanet666 wrote:Not really "upset" by this, but certainly shocked. Got home from work to find out that my dad moved out today, mum's in bits for obvious reasons, and whilst I understand these things happen, from my point of view this has completely blindsided me, considering I've never seen them so much as argue in 22 years.

I came home for a stressless few weeks before exams and work hits hard, and this really hasn't helped. I just don't know how to react.

Thanks for that last night. Dad's moving back in to the sofa tomorrow after talking with mum earlier. From the snippets of info I've heard it seems it is my dad who's just done this out of the blue. Hopefully it sorts itself out one way or another.

No matter how much modern day films and TV try to convince us that divorce is a normal part of life....it's still devastating. So don't feel the need to not be upset by it.

Glad to hear it wasn't too serious and that your Dad is back. Hope they work it out, whatever it was.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:44 pm

I was signed off work with depression on Monday, probably looking at two more weeks at this rate. It's incredibly difficult facing this without my family, I really feel so alone. Also, the NHS sucks when it comes to mental health.

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Mental health isn't just poor in the NHS, but worldwide really. People are only just starting to take it seriously. I don't know what your situation is fluffymoo, but I wish you happier times.

As for me, I wouldn't say I was upset, just fed up. I need to stop caring about someone who don't give a fuck about me. I need to stop putting up with being ignored a treated like shit, and then giving them what they want when they need something from me.

I'm blessed to have a job in the career I always wanted when I was a kid, I'm blessed with best friends I could ever hope for. But this one person gets me down - all the time. I know I should tell them where to go, but I remember a time, only 6 months ago, when everything was perfect between us.

I'm at the end of my tether - I just don't know what to do.
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:24 am

I remember my NHS experience being "Here's a checklist"

"Shit wow you scored high, here's some drugs"

Which admittedly worked out very well for me but it's a shitter if you actually need real therapy or help.

So, so sorry to hear shit isn't cash Lis, I'm here if you need a chat

On the upset thing: Dying alone general dread and it won't fucking go away

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Rant time.

I feel like my life is completely falling apart. I'm stuck in a place in my life where I really don't want to be and the mental health team/NHS have done nothing for me even though the situation is dire. So I took some pills, but was too much of a pussy to finish them all off so I'm still stuck here.

It really does feel like the only way out of all these broken friendships and relationships would be suicide. I'm so tired of being me. I'm so fed up of being fucked up in the head it's unreal. I'm exhausted. I'm tired of being told that I'm the problem, when really, a fucked up childhood and bad mental health genes probably made me who I am now.

I'm terrified that I'm slowly turning into one of those insufferable people who go through life with a chip on their shoulder. Just, fuck.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:55 am

fluffymoo wrote:Rant time.

I feel like my life is completely falling apart. I'm stuck in a place in my life where I really don't want to be and the mental health team/NHS have done nothing for me even though the situation is dire. So I took some pills, but was too much of a pussy to finish them all off so I'm still stuck here.

It really does feel like the only way out of all these broken friendships and relationships would be suicide. I'm so tired of being me. I'm so fed up of being fucked up in the head it's unreal. I'm exhausted. I'm tired of being told that I'm the problem, when really, a fucked up childhood and bad mental health genes probably made me who I am now.

I'm terrified that I'm slowly turning into one of those insufferable people who go through life with a chip on their shoulder. Just, fuck.

Please don't give up Moo. I don't have any constructive advice as I can't begin to imagine what you are going through but never feel like you can't talk about it.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:51 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
fluffymoo wrote:Rant time.

Please don't give up Moo. I don't have any constructive advice as I can't begin to imagine what you are going through but never feel like you can't talk about it.

Seconded.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:06 pm

For now I've promised mum that I won't off myself - she'll come and haunt me in hell if I do.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:16 am

I hate my fucking life

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:28 am

Ach Moo, I'm sorry to hear all the shit that's happened :(

WMMUT: For the past year and a bit I've been getting lasers shot into my right eye to help fix some diabetic retinopathy (long story short they need to laser new blood cells so they don't heal, create scar tissue and detach the retina). I had a visit last Wednesday and the doctor seems happy that while there are no new growths there's bits they missed and need to do more. That's fine, they did say it would be return visits. Cue a trip to my opticians for a standard test. My optician also happens to be my best friend which is why he sent a message yesterday saying this is probably some of the worst diabetic retinopathy he's seen and that I'm on course for going blind. At this point I don't know what else I can do - my control is the best it's been, I'm healthier and fitter than I've ever been. Just feel like I'm fighting a losing battle at the moment.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Just found out an old mate from Scrumpies night club passed recently. Only 45 years old. I had lost touch in recent years, as he had always been a bit of a bad lad, but then went completely off the rails. I bumped into him last June and found he had really turned his life around and turned back into the lovely lad I remembered. A shock and such a shame.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:11 pm

One of my friends killed herself yesterday. :(

21. No age. :(
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:12 am

We need to do more to support people with mental illness. What a waste of a life, her family must be devastated. It shows how far society has detached from reality.
Everybody needs to give a little more and stop wanting so much.

I hope you're ok xxx
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:28 am

Fucking hell, how awful. :( Working with women, we are so used to girls threatening suicide and making attempts but to actually do it, and at such a young age, is heartbreaking. Poor, poor girl.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Deli Kate wrote:We need to do more to support people with mental illness. What a waste of a life, her family must be devastated. It shows how far society has detached from reality.
Everybody needs to give a little more and stop wanting so much.

I hope you're ok xxx

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. That it's horrible for her family and friends that this has happened or that it's their fault? Cos I'm sure Pete feels bad enough without the added guilt. Unless 'we' refers to other people.
It's also a bit presumptive to assume she was suffering from mental illness and nobody was there to support her. Ultimately no one but her was responsible for her suicide, as sad as it is.
Last edited by Nantha on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.