What made you Lol Today?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: What made you Lol Today?

Postby Turbo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Me and my mate going rogue in The Division. Two of us, one of this guy. "You wanna do him?" "Yeah lets fuck him up." Two seconds later we're both respawning. Absolutely bummed. :lol:

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun May 01, 2016 10:47 am

Jobdone wrote:I've only stayed late about twice because people were like "Oh, I have goofed, I need this info before the end of the day and it's now 3pm". They were generally grateful but I'm not gonna go out of my way, no one really gives a shit otherwise.

Apparently it's a thing in either Japan or some other asian country to sleep at your desk so it looks like you've been working so hard you're exhausted. I might give that one a whirl.

It's also a big no no to leave before your boss in Japan. If your boss (who can't leave before his etc etc) is a workaholic who stays until 10pm each night then you do too.

Fuck that. My boss gets paid a hell of a lot more than me. If my work is done at 5pm (and it usually is tbf) I am out the door.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun May 01, 2016 11:43 am

It's no surprise so many 'salarymen' top themselves over there.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun May 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Turbo wrote:Me and my mate going rogue in The Division. Two of us, one of this guy. "You wanna do him?" "Yeah lets fuck him up." Two seconds later we're both respawning. Absolutely bummed. :lol:

Not getting your banter, Squiffy.

Grab your egg and fours and let's get the bacon delivered!
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed May 04, 2016 12:46 am

Looks like Donald Trump has won the Republican vote. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed May 04, 2016 9:21 pm

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Looks like Donald Trump has won the Republican vote. :lol:

It's not difficult to see why, his competition was poor and people have spent so long just calling him a racist rather than dismissing his policies in a rational manner. People call him racist, sexist etc, and this just makes them seem irrational and pushes people to him, because he is not as bad as they make him out to be (don't get me wrong, he's not good, but he's not what they make him out to be).

It's odd really, because whilst I don't want him in the White House, but I want Hillary Clinton in there a whole lot less.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu May 05, 2016 6:06 am

To be fair, he has no policies to dismantle.

He's flip flopped on about everything he's ever said, and as far as I know doesn't have any announced policies beyond "Build a wall".

He's a candidate built on charisma, people's anger, and dank memes.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu May 05, 2016 8:24 am

kanet666 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Looks like Donald Trump has won the Republican vote. :lol:

It's not difficult to see why, his competition was poor and people have spent so long just calling him a racist rather than dismissing his policies in a rational manner. People call him racist, sexist etc, and this just makes them seem irrational and pushes people to him, because he is not as bad as they make him out to be (don't get me wrong, he's not good, but he's not what they make him out to be).

It's odd really, because whilst I don't want him in the White House, but I want Hillary Clinton in there a whole lot less.

You'd pick Trump over Clinton? I mean she's got her problems but she at least has a grip on reality.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu May 05, 2016 8:48 am

She's a crooked piece of shit.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:58 am

Jobdone wrote:To be fair, he has no policies to dismantle.

He's flip flopped on about everything he's ever said, and as far as I know doesn't have any announced policies beyond "Build a wall".

He's a candidate built on charisma, people's anger, and dank memes.

There are a few others, such as raising the minimum wages of new immigrants to reduce the amount of companies bringing them in over Americans to reducing Student debt which is at absurd levels over there. He mainly wants to give jobs to Americans and that seems to be what's pulling them in.

keera_envenomed wrote:You'd pick Trump over Clinton? I mean she's got her problems but she at least has a grip on reality.

I guess it's more that I can't imagine Trump getting anything through congress that was off the charts loony, and he seems to go with a stance that reflects what his voters want.

Clinton, on the other hand, is as far as I'm aware still under investigation for a felony, she's bought and paid for by Wall St (and is only really winning the nomination due to the "superdelegates" rather than actual voters). She flip-flops just as much as Trump if not more (see Iraq, TPP, drug legalisation etc) but based on what's good for her reputation and/or bank balance. Basically she lies all the time and is probably the worst possible person to get elected based on being a woman.

I just see it as one openly untrustworthy person who will do what he believes in vs one untrustworthy person who does what she's paid to believe in. As far as I'm concerned there are no "good" candidates in the US election anyway, they're all extreme in some way or other.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu May 05, 2016 9:11 am

(and is only really winning the nomination due to the "superdelegates" rather than actual voters)

I like Bernie, but she's been winning more delegates than him the whole time.

Counts have inflated it with the superdelegate stuff, but she's still up like 200/300 on him, and has won the popular vote, and wins more diverse states.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:16 am

Jobdone wrote:
(and is only really winning the nomination due to the "superdelegates" rather than actual voters)

I like Bernie, but she's been winning more delegates than him the whole time.

Counts have inflated it with the superdelegate stuff, but she's still up like 200/300 on him, and has won the popular vote, and wins more diverse states.

True, but 2-300 delegates is a much closer run with states still to vote for compared to the 800 with the superdelegates which pretty much made it a non-contest from the start.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu May 05, 2016 10:19 am

Everyone seems to think that Trump being President would make the world a more dangerous place, and are probably right. He's a loudmouth idiot with no sense of diplomacy, but at least he seems opposed to further US interventionist wars in the Middle East.

Looking at Hillary's track record as Secretary Of State I'd say she's far more likely to start or escalate another war. She's far too cosy with the Saudis and Turkey for my liking. At the very least she has acted with them to intentionally destabilize Assad (possibly even authorising a false flag chemical weapons operation to escalate the Syrian Civil War), which either unwittingly or intentionally has contributed to the growth of ISIL. Not only that but with Clinton as Commander-In-Chief she would likely send US ground troops into Syria as well which would not only strengthen the Saudi-backed Sunni fundamentalist groups but worsen the European refuge crisis, allow more Syrian militants to slip into Europe through sympathetic Turkey and maybe even start a nuclear war with Iran and Russia.

Trump might accidentally cause Armageddon, Clinton seems hellbent on doing it on purpse.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu May 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Trump might accidentally cause Armageddon, Clinton seems hellbent on doing it on purpse.

Yeah, this seems a pretty accurate summary. Trump may be a terrible excuse for a human being and may make for a poor president. But at least there's a sliver of doubt about that. Will Hillary, we know she's both of those things.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...