What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Tet » Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 pm

fluffymoo wrote:The majority of people I used to talk to are now ignoring me or wanting nothing to do with me.

I'm not ignoring you[1]. I just don't say much at the best of times. Communication with other humans is overrated anyway...

[1] Not that I'm one of those you used to talk to much anyway, mind.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Tue May 24, 2016 11:07 pm

fluffymoo wrote:It's me again.

The majority of people I used to talk to are now ignoring me or wanting nothing to do with me. Of course it's all my fucking fault. I swear one day I'll just fucking snap and slit my throat. Yay BPD.

No, it's not that were ignoring you. I said I thought you needed to get to a Dr and this is the first time I've seen you post since. How can you say we're ignoring you?

As I've said in a previous post. I'm going through some heavy shit myself. I'm not going into detail but it's upset me. Even though I feel better than when I first posted it's still there.

On a side note have you got something to look forward to? A gig or something? I have things coming up so I focus on them playing the said bands music to block what's going on. Well that helps for me.

Incedently if anyone on here who knows me in real life or a bit more personaly on here feel free to pm about what's going on.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Wed May 25, 2016 3:22 am

Sorry guys, I didn't mean you at all or in fact anyone else on here. I was ranting about my online friends stretching over a few games. My bad.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 am

fluffymoo wrote:Sorry guys, I didn't mean you at all or in fact anyone else on here. I was ranting about my online friends stretching over a few games. My bad.

Ah OK that makes sense now. How are you doing? Even though I don't know you in "real life". I'm genuinely concerned.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:16 pm

The news that Ian Paice of Deep Purple has had a TIA (mini-stroke). Although he is hoping to resume touring again in a month, we have lost way too many this year and the initial rumours of a major stroke was upsetting to say the least.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:45 pm

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:The news that Ian Paice of Deep Purple has had a TIA

The good news is that if treated immediately, it should go no further than that. My dad had a TIA last month.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:19 pm

cheers for that Tet and I hope your Dad is doing well.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:56 pm

So a quick follow-up. I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder today. We're now looking at options for treatment. Emotional, but very grateful for the amazing and hard work Sweden puts into its mental health teams.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:25 pm

You're in a good place. Speaking from ignorance admittedly, the UK has some way to go with that sort of thing, still.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:30 pm

I didn't like to speculate but I thought that was probably the case from what I'd read on here. Difficult in the sense that it can't be treated so much with medication, but understanding why you feel the way you do and how you've developed certain coping mechanisms (often rooted in past experiences) is half the battle really in terms of figuring out how to move forward. I've had patients who've raved about DBT.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:03 am

Cheers guys :)

I'm getting sent to DBT asap, so feeling quite hopeful. Medication for me works all right. Flouxetine 60mg, Lamatrigin 100mg and Atarax when needed to tackle the anxiety.

There was another BT thing they want me to go for, but can't for the life of me remember what the first word was.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:03 am

Good to hear you are making positive progress Moo :yes:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:12 am

Ai it's always best to actually have a diagnosis so you can work towards some fixes.

And good effort on Swedens mental health care. If I remember right took me like 3 months to see a therapist and she just repeated what the doctor told me and sent me on my way.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:41 am

Jobdone wrote:Ai it's always best to actually have a diagnosis so you can work towards some fixes.

And good effort on Swedens mental health care. If I remember right took me like 3 months to see a therapist and she just repeated what the doctor told me and sent me on my way.

It can be pretty shoddy here - my doctor was wonderful but they did send me to this course which was supposed to help cope with depression and it was awful. The people doing it were super patronising - they even spoke to us like we were slightly brain damaged. I only went to one session and never bothered again. A really creepy man sat next to me which didn't help.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:44 am

fluffymoo wrote:Cheers guys :)

I'm getting sent to DBT asap, so feeling quite hopeful. Medication for me works all right. Flouxetine 60mg, Lamatrigin 100mg and Atarax when needed to tackle the anxiety.

There was another BT thing they want me to go for, but can't for the life of me remember what the first word was.

Really glad things are looking up for you!