Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby WorMzy » Thu May 19, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm playing the Stellaris, it's like Civilization -- in space. Very fun, would recommend. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu May 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Finished uncharted 4 yesterday, feels someone very close to me has died now. How do I go on :cry

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu May 19, 2016 9:18 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Doom isn't shit. In fact, it's excellent!

So relieved after that shithouse multiplayer beta.

I couldn't get a game on the Doom beta and I didn't try for the rest of the weekend. So the only opinion I had was that the menu looked like a reskin from Black Ops 3. Alot of people I know are praising the campaign though. That's sufficient for me.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri May 27, 2016 11:04 am

Haven't really had time to properly get into a game at the moment.

Got some WoW stuff I'm doing, though that's down to weekly stuff cos I'm just farming legendary quest.

Boshed out a few games of Overwatch that seems fun. Liking Warthog at the moment but that's because I like any character in a game with a hook (Pudge/Blitz ma waifus)

Trying to work out some time to properly smash through Total Warhammer.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri May 27, 2016 6:24 pm

I am going to get the GTX1070 instead of the 1080. 1080 is very much out of my price range, and the 1070 is at the top end of what I will go to. Still, the latest cards so my pc will be alright still.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon May 30, 2016 10:25 am

New COD with COD4 remastered addon (and season pass) is £95....

Also now I've finished my degree I can finally get back into playing shit. Halo 5 I'm coming for you, same for actually getting through Dark Souls, and finishing Far Cry 3

Gavdann, I dunno what you consider "long" but I've currently sunk over 24hours into Far Cry 3 and still got a long way to go, and I got that for like £3.74
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon May 30, 2016 12:36 pm

Battlefield 1 it mate. It will be on planet earth for a start. The new one is becoming very Star Warsy indeed, no doubt the aim on the guns will be all off just like the Stormtroopers experience.

I have been playing Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments point and click. I am not going to lie...this is the first P&C I have not enjoyed. I am dying to finish it and move onto the next game. My favourite part was when I was a dog for about 3 minutes. Insufferably nobby accents, and this map:

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii40 ... d39ghv.png

What train does this?!

Edit: Click for full image. the other end of the line apparently goes into London.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:39 am

Even after another 40-50 hours, Overwatch has yet to become boring. I think it helps that it is rare occasion that my girlfriend is enjoying it even more than I am, but this is a game that I can see me sticking with for a long time.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 31, 2016 6:16 am

Haven't played a game like Overwatch since I first got into League.

Just got a few people together and hammered it for the best part of 7/8 hours yesterday.

In that time now where I actually learn what the shit I'm doing in each map and with each hero. Dunno if my heart can take all the overtime victories we've been having though. Seems like we just fuck around until we hit the last 5 seconds and realise there's a game to be won.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am

Jobdone wrote:Haven't played a game like Overwatch since I first got into League.

Just got a few people together and hammered it for the best part of 7/8 hours yesterday.

In that time now where I actually learn what the shit I'm doing in each map and with each hero. Dunno if my heart can take all the overtime victories we've been having though. Seems like we just fuck around until we hit the last 5 seconds and realise there's a game to be won.

I like that each character is unique in its play style. I felt sorry for a guy yesterday, as before the game started he commented on the level disparity (myself and my girlfriend are late 40's/early 50's and this guy was level 9). I told him it was okay because level doesn't reflect ability, then picked Widowmaker and had the game of my life, crushing them in less than 90 seconds headshotting them left right and centre whilst my team got the points.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 31, 2016 12:06 pm

The difference in character is probably what's keeping me coming back tbh. The fact that you have to kind of learn multiple heroes instead of just maining something and switching midgame isn't "Oh I want to be a man with a big gun instead of a small gun now" but like vital to the game is hella interesting.

EDIT: Oh, and fuck Mei and fuck well protected Bastions.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 pm

Holy fuck this game is fun. Started off with just me and a dutch fella off teamspeak and he's roped in tons of his mates. Got a full team each game making it fun as hell.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 pm

Jobdone wrote:EDIT: Oh, and fuck Mei

Mei is the worst, even worse than McCree one on one imo. At least McCree kills you quickly.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 31, 2016 10:58 pm

I'm feeling better about McCree now because most of the ones I'm facing are bloody awful. Just need to duck into a building when it's high noon but a lot of them are too slow on their flashbangs and the such.

Facing a good one is infuriating though. I feel like he needs a nerf, but fuck knows how you do it without making him completely useless.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 pm

Jobdone wrote:I'm feeling better about McCree now because most of the ones I'm facing are bloody awful. Just need to duck into a building when it's high noon but a lot of them are too slow on their flashbangs and the such.

Facing a good one is infuriating though. I feel like he needs a nerf, but fuck knows how you do it without making him completely useless.

I think it is fine that he takes out lighter heroes such as Genji, Tracer and the like, as they have few counters. The fact that he can take out a tank in one flurry of shots though is ridiculous. I think slightly nerfing the fan the hammer to do a little less damage would allow him to take out the smaller enemies but leave him vulnerable to tanks.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London