TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm not against a female Doctor in theory. But the producers' obvious 'diversity' agenda bugs me.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/H ... 42457.html
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH
Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Blood Drive - Quite probably the best show on TV you're not watching. Julian Slink :lol:

Game of Thrones - People complaining about "plot holes" and pointing out pointless little inaccuracies need to get a fucking grip. This whole season has been fantastic so far.

The Mist - Fucked it off after five episodes. What a load of old arse. :lol: :lol:

Mr Mercedes - Stephen King done properly. Only two episodes in but it's brilliant so far.

Twin Peaks - David Lynch makes a TV show for an audience consisting entirely of David Lynch.
Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:09 am

Darkweasel wrote:
The Mist - Fucked it off after five episodes. What a load of old arse. :lol: :lol:

Watched the first episode and realised what a shit show it was gonna be. A bunch of boring character interaction, generic plotlines, yaddayadda.
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:38 am

Everybody should watch blood drive.
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:10 am

So the Game of Thrones finale was pretty good. The Little Finger stuff was a little anti-climatic, but it was still satisfying. The scenes on the way to, and in, the dragon pit were good too, particularly the reunions between certain characters.

Can't believe there's only six episodes left, and we might have to wait until 2019 for them. :cry:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:57 am

A lot of people seem to be criticising Littlefinger's death, but I thought it was fine. He died on his knees, snivelling and trying to worm his way out of things. A perfectly appropriate ending.
Theon's story also seems to be annoying people, but that was a real "fuck yeah" moment.
Eventually.
Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:25 am

After the complete mess that was the previous episode, I quite enjoyed the finale. Littlefinger's death was pretty fun to watch, and it looks like Theon might actually do something next season. The thing that annoys me about the whole series still crops up though - the whole "steal a wight" thing. I mean really, they should never have expected Cersei to change her mind (especially so easily), and it was obviously more of a risk than was necessary. The fact that the last shot suggests the White Walkers would never have been a threat if you hadn't gone up there and given them a dragon sums it up even more. I get that it's just for plot progression, but surely they could have written it in a way that made actual sense?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK 2017!!!
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby WorMzy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 am

Aw geez, the latest Rick and Morty, guys.

10/10. Would Morty again.
~ Adam Jenson
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 am

Justin Roiland deserves a bloody oscar after that one.
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 am

So Red Dwarf's back on. First episode was very "by the numbers" Red Dwarf -- mostly entertaining but nothing to write home about. Hopefully the other episodes make a bit more of a splash.
~ Adam Jenson
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 pm

The first part of Gunpowder was pretty good. The true history itself is dramatic enough.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH
Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:01 am

I watched the first episode of Gunpowder and never went back to it.
The execution scene was way too over-hyped, and the final scene was just laughable. "My name is GUY FAWKES!".
Go away.

Season 2 of The Exorcist is building nicely.

The wife's got me watching Outlander because she likes romance and shirtless ginger blokes in kilts. I like tits, front bottoms and violence, so we're both happy.

Neflix hit two home runs recently with The Sinner(Jessica Biel goes to the beach with her family and stabs a bloke to death for no apparent reason) and Mindhunter (semi-fictionalised account of how profiling serial killers became a thing). I watched The Sinner in two sittings (seven episodes one night, the finale the next morning) and I did Mindhunter in three. The guy playing Ed Kemper deserves an Emmy, and the chap playing Jerome Brudos will creep out many a young lady.

Vice Principals has been much better this time out. Shame it finishes for good on Monday.

Z Nation is treading water at the moment. The last episode was excellent but it's the first time this season that it's grabbed me.

The Walking Dead has gone for the All Out War story from the comic books and people are losing their shit over it, complaining that it's just been one long gun fight for three weeks. So, for seven seasons it moved too slowly and needed more action, and now it's become more action oriented, people are complaining because it's not got enough story. Seriously, if I was a TV writer, I'd have shot myself by now.

Stan Against Evil returned, but was even less funny than the first season. I am no longer watching Stan Against Evil.
Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Previous

Return to The Bloodstock Arms