The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby houston4044 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:13 pm

Wonder if this is why Figo etc dropped out so quickly? (not the corruption I mean this operation :P )

Fifa will find someway out of it unfortunately

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri May 29, 2015 5:45 pm

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun May 31, 2015 10:09 am

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:58 am

While we were getting battered by Stoke at The Britannia a few weeks ago, I said to myself, "this will be our first game next season".

Should have put money on it. :lol:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:44 pm

What an arse of a New Year fixture we've been dealt. Away to Carlisle! An 800 mile round trip!! The poor bastards have been given us away on a Tuesday night...can't see them even bringing a coach load down!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:17 pm

Novembers gonna be fun with the 3 derbies (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham) and Aprils' an absolute with Man City/Chelsea/Man United and a Stoke away game.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Soze wrote:What an arse of a New Year fixture we've been dealt. Away to Carlisle! An 800 mile round trip!! The poor bastards have been given us away on a Tuesday night...can't see them even bringing a coach load down!

I thought they had stopped all that nonsense. :rolleyes:

Worst one I remember was an away trip to Portsmouth on Boxing Day (Or thereabouts, Christmas weekend anyway) for an early kick off (11ish). :ugh:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Jobdone wrote:Novembers gonna be fun with the 3 derbies (Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham) and Aprils' an absolute with Man City/Chelsea/Man United and a Stoke away game.

So go all out in March and hope we don't free fall down the table in March then :lol:

Weiman has signed for Derby, surprised Villa let him go, it's not like they'll be able to pull in anyone else much better :P

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Soze wrote:What an arse of a New Year fixture we've been dealt. Away to Carlisle! An 800 mile round trip!! The poor bastards have been given us away on a Tuesday night...can't see them even bringing a coach load down!

I thought they had stopped all that nonsense. :rolleyes:

Worst one I remember was an away trip to Portsmouth on Boxing Day (Or thereabouts, Christmas weekend anyway) for an early kick off (11ish). :ugh:

I went to a Boxing Day away game at Cambridge in the early 90s, that's a good 600 miles in total. The pub next door pulled out all the stops with Xmas lunches for away fans. In fairness most games are a trek from here, we consider Bristol City almost a local derby and that's 120 miles away!

I did go to a Liverpool-United 11:30 kick off game once, 20 odd years ago, travelling up from Plymouth (Liverpool being my (distant) second team), that was a twat of a thing to do. United won as well!

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:55 pm

I do remember an early game at Christmas/New Year against United one year (may be the same game), and it was virtually impossible getting a bus or train. Nine miles is a hell of a long walk for unhealthy/unfit people like me to walk. :ugh:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:54 am

Although I'm happy with who we have bought so far, I'm still concerned we haven't shifted Adebayor yet :?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:59 pm

To be fair, I doubt anyone wants his wages at the moment. Gonna be a real hassle to getrid of him.

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 am

Madjid Bougherra was the subject of a very dark prank on Algerian TV apparently.

He was kidnapped by a bunch of actors in a café and driven to the middle of the Algerian desert whilst blindfolded where the prank was FINALLY revealed to him :lol:

Funny or far too dark considering world affairs?

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 am

Jobdone wrote:To be fair, I doubt anyone wants his wages at the moment. Gonna be a real hassle to getrid of him.

Depending on how much our budget is I'd consider buying out his contract just to be rid of him and get someone else in.

Liverpool have signed Firmino, I love how the media point out he's their second most expensive signing behind Carroll :lol: Still a quality signing for them.

Blake_Porter wrote:Madjid Bougherra was the subject of a very dark prank on Algerian TV apparently.

He was kidnapped by a bunch of actors in a café and driven to the middle of the Algerian desert whilst blindfolded where the prank was FINALLY revealed to him :lol:

Funny or far too dark considering world affairs?

Reminds me of the jackass prank a few years ago :lol: I don't know the guy, maybe he'll laugh it off but then again could really screw with the guy's head.