The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 pm

The worst football feeling in the world is that horrible realisation at the end of every season that Everton still haven't been relegated.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:39 am

Darkweasel wrote:The worst football feeling in the world is that horrible realisation at the end of every season that Everton still haven't been relegated.

Nah, I'd miss the Derby and the banter with the (bitter) bluenoses up here if they went down.

Nice to see Suarez back on the scoresheet again, particularly after the press coverage over the last couple of weeks. We're surely going to batter someone at some point the way we're playing and the amount of chances we're creating at the moment, the amount of times we've hit the woodwork and come up against 'keepers playing out of their skins this season has been ridiculous!

bisto
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby bisto » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Beardy wrote:
bisto wrote:nothing lasts forever, 20 years of almost constant success is pretty much unheard of in the English game ... better get used to it chum we'll be hard pressed to qualify for next season's ECL

Yeah, can't think of any other teams that did that... ;)

Apologies, no disrespect meant to Liverpool FC or their fans! Things are a bit stressful at home and work and my brain isn't functioning very well atm I meant to say that no team has had a 20 year unbroken period of success.

I enjoyed the first few seasons of success under SAF and the great teams of 94 and 99 it was a huge relief to get the title and ECL monkeys off our backs but Personally speaking, although United's football has been consistently better in the last couple of decades I miss the Docherty and Atkinson eras more, Christ even the deadly Sexton years :o because that was the time when I was a "proper" supporter with a season ticket and I followed them home and away, rain or shine, win or lose, mostly with mates but sometimes on my own rather than via MOTD and the odd Sky game..........Fuck, I'm old! :( :D

bisto
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby bisto » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Interesting result at Stamford Bridge tonight...probably just a blip but The Europa Keague and a few injuries and who knows?

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Fuckin' Fat Frank. As usual I was the only City fan at the pub. Whatever, in 5 years we'll be 50 strong. Chelsea deserved it. Fucking Lescott and fucking negative Mancini. Torres had a good game as well (lolololol)

Next time Chavs, next time.

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

having seen my team relegated a few times its a painful experience and out of the league even more, glad i support a small team keeps you grounded.
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markguy764 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Chelsea fans covered themselves in glory by throwing a pint at Balotelli :rolleyes: what a waste of a pint that was probs £6 or something stupid. Good game thought Chelsea deserved it. Good to see Lescott has gone back to being bloody awful.
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783

bisto
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby bisto » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 am

Darren Fletcher is taking sick leave for an indefinite extended period. He suffers from ulcerative colitis.....with both Vidic and Fletch out for a long oeriod now if Fergie doesn't buy in January we may as well give up the defence of the title now!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:25 am

Good win for us yesterday. Nice of Villa to be so utterly crap that we didn't even have to get out of first gear for the whole game. 8)

Nice last minute equaliser for my 2nd team, Chesterfield too. Although I doubt Metal Saddle will feel the same way. :lol:

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:38 am

Darkweasel wrote:Good win for us yesterday. Nice of Villa to be so utterly crap that we didn't even have to get out of first gear for the whole game. 8)

I swear if Liverpool improved their accuracy and stopped hitting the fucking post we'd have won/dominated so many more games.
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:03 pm

SEVENTEEN times we've hit the woodwork this season! :x :x :x

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:12 pm

I know! :lol: I thought it must end soon, then Suárez hit it twice against Villa. :lol:
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 pm

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Tet wrote:Own goal!

Finish!
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Suarez given 8 game ban, Fergie mafia involved. Liverpool have 2 weeks to appeal, so by my reckoning that means he's banned from the Oldham game onwards, funny how the final game he is banned for is against utd if my calculations are right