The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 am

lol, I loved it last night when the commentators said "England's result against Germany sent shudders through world football"...well last's night's result made world football relax and realise England are still shit then!

IN OTHER NEWS - our keep Rob Elliott now out for up to a year apparently after ruptuing his ligaments playing for Rep Of Ireland last night (he's from Greenwich btw, if only this team was actually Irish players then he wouldn't have even played...), with Tim Krul also out for the season, that leaves us just with Karl Darlow (bungling cack-handed buffoon we got from Notts Forest) and Freddie Woodman (current England U19 keeper)...WE'RE GOING DOWN!!!

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:47 pm

bloodfiend wrote:lol, I loved it last night when the commentators said "England's result against Germany sent shudders through world football"...well last's night's result made world football relax and realise England are still shit then!

Yeah, although it was a second string at best last night and their second goal should never have counted.

That said, it doesn't matter because Rooney, Carrick, Milner et al will all be wasting space in a squad that should be using the youth available. Most of the squad from the Germany game should be in the lineup against Russia in June.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:56 pm

bloodfiend wrote: that leaves us just with Karl Darlow (bungling cack-handed buffoon we got from Notts Forest)

I find it interesting how keepers go through good and bad phases. Lee Camp was absolutely brilliant when we first had him, helped us significantly into the play offs twice then it slowly went down the shitter (although there were rumours of Earnshaw sleeping with his wife then running off, which could have been a cause), then Darlow eventually replaced him, did really well for a good while, then stopped caring once Newcastle bought him (they loaned him back to us for a year upon purchase).

Our current keeper is just a bit meh, but another good example would be Joe Hart, who's had some very notable off patches, even if the talent is still there somewhere.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:19 am

Can Leicester just piss off and stop winning.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:40 pm

Apparently not. But to be fair, they're top of the table and were playing a team in serious danger of relegation. Let's see how they get on against West Ham, Man U and Chelsea.

Best comment about the weekend? "Lads, it's United" :-)
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:26 am

Leicester is the best of a very bad bunch.

A breath of fresh air when teams like City, Chelsea, United, etc. have spent a fortune the last few years. Good luck to them. Especially since Ranieiri can give a big fuck off sign to Chelsea no matter what happens. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:16 am

As much as I'd like to see Leicester win the league this year, I'd like them to at least make it interesting. This season is looking like it'll be pretty stale by the last few games again, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa are all looking pretty resigned to going down, and even Man City, who looked like stumbling out of the top four, have a bit of a gap now.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 pm

What about the Villa guys?

:lol: :lol:

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:37 pm

Jesus, what a game for Leicester! Shows the refereeing standards are poor again though. Not saying all the decisions were wrong but the lack of consistency is astonishing. Would the likes of Rooney have been sent off for that (contentious or not)? Why didn't Huth get a pen for the same thing as Wham? Was the pen Leicester got a pen? etc.

As for Rovers, this season can fuck off, Venky's can fuck off, the majority of the team can fuck off too. Even Lambert looks like he can't be arsed at the moment. Unless something changes we'll be following Bolton next year without a doubt. The club is still mismanaged from all angles and it's ruining us.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Turbo wrote:What about the Villa guys?

:lol: :lol:

Too busy taking the weight off their shoulders apparently :P

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:02 pm

Ah it was a great opportunity to give us all a history lesson of all the 'mickey mouse' (their words after we won the 2011 league cup) cups they've won over the centuries they've played. The people that gave me said history lesson were just about old enough to remember the Coca Cola Cups in the mid nineties though. :lol:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 am

kanet666 wrote:Jesus, what a game for Leicester! Shows the refereeing standards are poor again though. Not saying all the decisions were wrong but the lack of consistency is astonishing.

Yes, the decisions were very inconsistent. Vardy's first yellow was unlucky. His second yellow was a little on the harsh side, but I could see why it was given. Leicester's penalty, though? A complete farce of a decision, and one that wouldn't surprise me to see result in Moss being dropped from the Premier League for a while. Which doesn't, of course, help us. Leicester have their undeserved point now, and nothing will take that away from them :-(
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:10 am

I can't see Villa bouncing back up for 2018 like some are saying. Until another owner with confidence steps in I can see them becoming another Fulham/Leeds and just muddle through the C'ship for the next few years. The team they've got on paper could get play off's but considering the lack of motivation this season I don't see how they're going to suddenly hit the switch next season out of thin air.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:17 pm

Tet wrote:
kanet666 wrote:Jesus, what a game for Leicester! Shows the refereeing standards are poor again though. Not saying all the decisions were wrong but the lack of consistency is astonishing.

Yes, the decisions were very inconsistent. Vardy's first yellow was unlucky. His second yellow was a little on the harsh side, but I could see why it was given. Leicester's penalty, though? A complete farce of a decision, and one that wouldn't surprise me to see result in Moss being dropped from the Premier League for a while. Which doesn't, of course, help us. Leicester have their undeserved point now, and nothing will take that away from them :-(

In all fairness, you could argue they should've had a penalty for Huth being manhandled a few minutes earlier. If West Ham get a pen for pretty much the same thing, he needs to give that too imo.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Tet wrote:Yes, the decisions were very inconsistent. Vardy's first yellow was unlucky. His second yellow was a little on the harsh side, but I could see why it was given. Leicester's penalty, though? A complete farce of a decision, and one that wouldn't surprise me to see result in Moss being dropped from the Premier League for a while. Which doesn't, of course, help us. Leicester have their undeserved point now, and nothing will take that away from them :-(

I thought the penalty awarded to West Ham was just as farcical. If anything I thought that it was a dive and that there were countless other similar incidents that weren't given throughout the game. Leicester had a cast iron penalty appeal waved away just before the dodgy one was given!