TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Daniellee
Consort of the Beast

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Daniellee » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Luke_X wrote:
Daniellee wrote:Doctor Who and the new series of the IT Crowd. JIZZ.

im looking forward to the new series of IT Crowd. i wonder what Richmond's excuse will be for missing this series. and theyve confirmed Series 5 will be made as well.

Nice. You can watch the series 4 online premiere on 4oD, here you go;
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-it-crowd

EIFFEL TOWER! *high five*

NowI have to wait two weeks for ep 2, dammit.

Danielle

Twitter

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 am

Jobdone wrote:
Immort_Reaper wrote:
Calibur wrote:More importantly:

FUTURAMA'S BACK THURSDAY, BITCHES

:goggly:

Have they gone back to the original format or are these more of those fucking useless feature length things which were the very definition of shit?

New Dr Who was great.
Although Smith has reverted to running like a chimp again, I noticed.

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:54 am

\o/ today is a good TV day :D

new true blood
new IT crowd
new series called "the gates" which is supposed to be like a Stephen king-esq show
and a 2 part mini-series "the Phantom"
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 am

Darkweasel wrote:
Jobdone wrote:
Immort_Reaper wrote:Image

:goggly:

Have they gone back to the original format or are these more of those fucking useless feature length things which were the very definition of shit?

New Dr Who was great.
Although Smith has reverted to running like a chimp again, I noticed.

The films weren't *that* bad. Then again, animated 30 minute shows do not work as 2hr feature lengths at all.

Yeah, it's back to 30 min episodes this time out, 24 episodes over 2 seasons.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 am

Dunno why they ever cancelled Futurama in the first place. If anything, Simpsons should have been cancelled; that show has been beating a dead horse for 6+ years now. The only reason it's still going is so that Groening can secure his place in history for creating the longest running animated TV show =/

Oooh, IT Crowd. Is it going to be available on the Channel Four equivalent to iPlayer, or am I gonna have to find a torrent? I hope Richmond makes a return, he was awesome. xD
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:04 pm

It got canceled due to poor ratings in the US. Which is because it got put in a 'death slot' over there.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 pm

So glad to see Futurama back, I'll still maintain my viewpoint that its the best animated comedy show ever.

The Simpsons still remains excellent in my view, even in its current season, though its becoming more obvious that they're straining for plot (see the last but one episode that was basically Face/Off).

I'm still in disbelief that people actually like the IT Crowd. Its one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. Its really, really not funny.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:14 pm

So far this episode of True Blood needs more Queen Sophie-Ann. I love that crazy bitch and her amazing shoes.

However? Werewolves. Fuck yes.

eta: even though Angel did World War 2 flashbacks this is still awesome. Also Lafayette <3 lol at Jessica and her dead body again.

Jason asking if santa's real <3

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:So glad to see Futurama back, I'll still maintain my viewpoint that its the best animated comedy show ever.

The Simpsons still remains excellent in my view, even in its current season, though its becoming more obvious that they're straining for plot (see the last but one episode that was basically Face/Off).

I'm still in disbelief that people actually like the IT Crowd. Its one of the worst TV shows I have ever seen. Its really, really not funny.

the only reason i watch IT Crowd is because of Chris O'dowd and Richard Ayoade who are hilarious if you give them enough freedom. the gay musical episode from series 3 is a great example of what they are capable of.

as for the Simpsons i lost interest about 7 years ago when i discovered Family Guy, which isnt as funny now but it has some really great jokes hidden in the episodes still. The Cleveland Show is just a black version of Family Guy (although i love ther bear character which makes it worth watching) but American Dad is a lot funnier in my books as they can do alot of things in that they cant in Family Guy, but then everyone has their personal preference. im looking forward to the 3rd Star Wars episode which will combine all 3 shows, and the next James Bond spoof from American Dad.

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 pm

The Gates episode 1 was quite good , i'll be watching the rest of the series as it comes out

moar vampires and werewolves :D haha

and reading some stuff online it seems if your a fan of supernatural then your bound to like it :)
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Luke_X wrote: (although i love ther bear character which makes it worth watching)

Hell yes.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Calibur wrote:The films weren't *that* bad.

Yes, they really were. They should all be recalled to Fox and destroyed with no trace remaining.
Bender's Big Score just seemed to be a vehicle for Groening to bitch about Family Guy and Seth McFarlane. It wasn't big, it wasn't clever and all it did was make him come across as a whiny little child, undermining his position on the moral high ground.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Calibur wrote:The films weren't *that* bad.

Yes, they really were. They should all be recalled to Fox and destroyed with no trace remaining.
Bender's Big Score just seemed to be a vehicle for Groening to bitch about Family Guy and Seth McFarlane. It wasn't big, it wasn't clever and all it did was make him come across as a whiny little child, undermining his position on the moral high ground.

the only one i found that was really bad of the 4 films was Beast With a Billion Backs which had no humour or jokes in it at all. but the films werent as good as the tv series

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:35 pm

I didn't find them bad so much as just meh. Completely forgetful.

I've seen all 4, but if you quizzed me I doubt I could even give you a plot summary.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Jobdone wrote:I didn't find them bad so much as just meh. Completely forgetful.

I've seen all 4, but if you quizzed me I doubt I could even give you a plot summary.

This, all the way up to 11.

I can't even recall the names the other two not mentioned on this page.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson