What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:22 pm

I won't say why I'm so happy atm, because it's the internet and it's not as private as people think xD

Interpret that as you wish.

New Years Eve tomorrow :)

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Especially when you use your real name :lol:
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:17 pm

k8iemay wrote:Interpret that as you wish.

You got away with credit fraud? :?

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:30 pm

Maybe ;) Like I said, interpret it haha.

Anywho, success.
Me and two of my girl-friends have left NYE plans very very late so spent today searching for a party. We failed UNTIL!

I phoned another girl-friend and she's manage to convince our friend, whom she happens to have influence over cos they're like brother and sister, to have a party :) So yes! SUCCESSSSSS!

I declared my love to her on the phone :)

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:41 pm

I've had to choose between three parties, 2 new college friend parties, and 1 dull old friends party.

I'm going to the dull, tame party, out of duty, but convinced one of the guys hosting a party that no-one's going to go to it, because he planned it too late, and so his partie's gonna be a couple of days later, and I get to have a fun party as well.
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Lisa McNally
Rock Society Lead

Postby Lisa McNally » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:44 pm

No party for me thank god! :lol: Hate them!

Looking forward to not having to please anyone over the next few days ... just pleasing myself. Am looking forward to cooking a great meal tomorrow night for Sammi and myself ... having a long lie-in on New Year's Day ... and having a leisurely day doing nothing.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:54 pm

Freakshow Nightmare wrote:I've had to choose between three parties, 2 new college friend parties, and 1 dull old friends party.

I'm going to the dull, tame party, out of duty, but convinced one of the guys hosting a party that no-one's going to go to it, because he planned it too late, and so his partie's gonna be a couple of days later, and I get to have a fun party as well.

There's been NO parties in my area whatsoever. We've looked in absolutely every corner (as has pretty much everyone) but the 2 parties we got invites too were in Shropshire... £16.50 return on the train for one and more for another. Gr.

The guy/s who are holding the party we're going to tomorrow are only holding the party for that reason lol. It should be epic though, it always is with those guys.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:10 am

dragonmaiden wrote:just pleasing myself

All aboard for the out of context train!!
:lol:
Sorry Lisa!

Anyway, I'm off to Sydney today!
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:54 am

The "evanescence going under" spammer...straight the point...made me laugh so much when I saw it

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:20 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
dragonmaiden wrote:just pleasing myself

All aboard for the out of context train!!
:lol:
Sorry Lisa!

Anyway, I'm off to Sydney today!

Dam Beat me to it Twaddle :lol:
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:12 pm

Feeling a lot happier today....just opened the first of many beers, got Andrew WK playing and gonna go to the Cockpit's new years eve party tonight...its gonna be a goooooooooood day :)

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:51 pm

Yayy, I feel relatively happy now. If slightly irritable - it's better than last night. xD

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:53 am

Okay, so here we go. I finished work at 11am, and went round to the band shed to start loading up gear into this U-Haul trailer for a gig in Sydney, and got on the road with 3 crates of beer at around 2.30. We started drinking about an hour in after we stopped for food. Driving in a 35 degree heat in a car who's only ventilation is the windows made it very sweaty. So, anyways we get to Sydney and spend 40 minutes driving around a Lebanese slum trying not to get raped and/or jacked (seriously), we get the motel, still drinking and head to the gig. We get there, and discover the bar is cheap, so we keep on drinking. Oh, we had to break into a dude's care to get the drums out too. We stay there til about 1am, rocking out and drinking. By this time we're all smashed, so we go back to the motel (yeah, we shouldn't have driven) the longway through every fucked up slum we can find, all the while having a very drunk bass player hurling racial slurs out of the window. We get back, and crack open another crate of beer, before deciding it would be fun to break into the pool and go for a bit of a swim while still drinking. Nakedness may have been involved (no pics, sorry) when a couple of the guys got naked. We get a bollocking from security after being too loud and shouting "I hope you die of cancer" etc etc at a random guy who could've quite easily beaten the shit out of us because he wouldn't take a photo of us. We go back to the rooms, and I crash out about half 3, having almost been up for a day straight. The people I was sharing a room with took ten minutes to wake me up when they wanted to come in, as I had the only key. Which was funny to me.

Hit the road about half 8 this morning, and had a tasty doughnut for breakfast. Got back an hour ago. Found a load of blood on my Whitesnake t-shirt from somewhere, so hopefully I didn't kill a dude last night.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Just having a fairly quiet new year's eve with friends, managing to drink a gross amount of beer without feeling bad or too horribly drunk, and owning everyone at guitar hero despite not having the game... Meh, was nice and chilled out considering there's fook all to do round here.

splellen
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby splellen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Good night last night. Couldn't get into the street party so we went on top of Calton Hill to watch the fireworks which were absolutly spectacular. Then we wandered town for quite a while, found a bar. Then found a house party. The resulting effect is me only just getting out of bed 20 minutes ago. :D