movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
clare-l
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby clare-l » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Saw "Chloe" today, very good and very creepy. Anything with Liam Neeson in is good, really. At least, anything where you can see his face.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Just watched Feast 2. The scene with the baby had me in stitches for about 5 minutes :lol:

gregors666
Warrior of Metal

Postby gregors666 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:25 am

Johnny Tightlips wrote:Just watched Feast 2. The scene with the baby had me in stitches for about 5 minutes :lol:

Not got round to watching the Feast quadrilogy yet? Sounds interesting, or should that be bad?
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

gregors666 wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:Just watched Feast 2. The scene with the baby had me in stitches for about 5 minutes :lol:

Not got round to watching the Feast quadrilogy yet? Sounds interesting, or should that be bad?

Trilogy, theres only 3 of them.

Loved the first one and really enjoyed the second one last night. I haven't seen the third but I have it on pre-order for when its out next month so I'll let you know then if its as good as the first 2 :yes:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 am

The third one is shit.
Really shit.
It starts off okay but quickly becomes complete rubbish and has probably the most pointless, stupid, unfunny cop out of an ending I've ever seen.
I wish I'd never watched it.

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Darkweasel wrote:The third one is shit.
Really shit.
It starts off okay but quickly becomes complete rubbish and has probably the most pointless, stupid, unfunny cop out of an ending I've ever seen.
I wish I'd never watched it.

:(
I'll still get it to complete the trilogy, but now I'm not looking forward to it as much :(

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:56 pm

watched Yes Man yesterday and i was quite surprised it was a lot better then i was expecting. it had a lot of ties to Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty in the way everything was setup but it wasnt a bad movie. had me laughing in some places.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:I'll still get it to complete the trilogy, but now I'm not looking forward to it as much :(

I stopped at Feast 1. Hated the second (which I believe Darkweasel called) and gave up watching halfway through. I'll rent the third, but it's looking like I'll just treat Feast as a standalone.

Luke_X wrote:watched Yes Man yesterday and i was quite surprised it was a lot better then i was expecting. it had a lot of ties to Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty in the way everything was setup but it wasnt a bad movie. had me laughing in some places.

Yes Man is great, I love it. The book is miles better, though.

New purchase: Survival of the Dead, thoughts will come when I watch it later.
New rental: Heat

Also, going to see Kick-Ass this weekend, hopefully. Read the graphic novel today and loved it. Really looking forward to it :D
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Applecore wrote:I stopped at Feast 1. Hated the second (which I believe Darkweasel called) and gave up watching halfway through. I'll rent the third, but it's looking like I'll just treat Feast as a standalone.

I didn't really dislike the second one, it just didn't have the surprise element of the first one (that was always going to happen but it just repeated some of the same things instead of trying anything original), the characters were far less likeable, some of the humour was a bit rubbish and out of place and seemed it was only made to guarantee a third entry.
That said, some of the gore effects were quite good, it was occasionally funny and Tat Girl's tits were a sight to behold.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Applecore wrote:I stopped at Feast 1. Hated the second (which I believe Darkweasel called) and gave up watching halfway through. I'll rent the third, but it's looking like I'll just treat Feast as a standalone.

I didn't really dislike the second one, it just didn't have the surprise element of the first one (that was always going to happen but it just repeated some of the same things without trying anything new), the characters were far less likeable, some of the humour was a bit rubbish and out of place and seemed it was only made to guarantee a third entry.
That said, some of the gore effects were quite good, it was occasionally funny and Tat Girl's tits were a sight to behold.

Ahh I must've been confused with the third. But yeah it seemed like a sequel for the sake of a sequel. The first had a very different attitude, which made it stand out from other horror movies. The second just seemed like a poor attempt of riding on the original's success. It bothers and offends me that HMV are asking for £9.99 instore for it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Yesterday I found out that Cabin in the Woods has been moved back to January 2011. I last heard it was postponed until May and I was wondering why there'd been no promotion. Bastards :(

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:58 pm

Just seen the Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World trailer. Holy shit it's going to be fantastic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7K427bApnY
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm

@ Applecore, that films does look pretty good. i cant tell if its a piss take on computer games or comics or both. but does look like a good watch though

just saw the trailer for The Sorcerers Apprentice. it looks nice and shiny, but im not holding out a lot of hope for the story. usually if they spent lots of money on how nice it looks the story tends to suffer pretty badly. plus Nicolas Cage is a great actor but there is only so many films you can try and make good.

oh and i forgot about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=561ouGGhR64

Hot Tub Time Machine looks awesome. looks like a good laugh

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 pm

28 days later is on Channel 4 tonight. I say yes.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:32 am

Luke_X wrote:@ Applecore, that films does look pretty good. i cant tell if its a piss take on computer games or comics or both. but does look like a good watch though

It's based on a series of comics (well, Graphic Novel/Manga things) that has certain parts that play out like a game/have game references. I'd strongly recommend checking out the books, as they're awesome, too :D
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock