The Anime Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The Anime Thread

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:26 pm

UP. UP. UP FROM THE GRAVE.

Watched kabaneri of the iron fortress.

Made by the same company as Attack on Titan, and you can tell. Basically the same premise but with more trains and a bit more shounen elements.

Fun enough though while I wait for new Attack on Titan.

Also Berserk has started up a new series and I really need to get around to it considering some fo the best stuff is in the later arks after the demon egg malarky.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Everyone! Go and watch Terra Formars uncensored on Crunchy Roll.

Thank me later.

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 pm

I'll eventually get round to finishing Rurouni Kenshin.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:03 am

All I've watched lately is ReLife. 9/10 would recommend. Slice of life comedy featuring a late-20s guy who becomes disillusioned with working for a big company so basically becomes a NEET, he gets the chance to participate in a scientific research project that involves becoming a high schooler again for a year, with the possibility of getting a full time job out of it afterwards. The only caveat is that, once the year is over, nobody from the high school will remember him; also his high school life is covertly documented by the company running the project. He makes friends with a socially awkward girl and tries to help her make friends, with hilarious results. It's great fun.

There's apparently a new Cardcaptor Sakura anime in the works (http://www.itechpost.com/articles/49433/20161103/clamps-cardcaptor-sakura-has-a-big-surprise-on-december-hints-a-new-anime-project.htm), so I'm pretty excited about that. Hopefully the movie isn't just a remake of the original movie like some sites are suggesting though.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Made In Abyss season 2 apparently confirmed. Words cannot express how happy this makes me
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:30 pm

Five years since the last post. :o

I'm caught up with Attack on Titan, but my partner hasn't watched it all, so we're rewatching it from Season 2 onwards. Also been watching My Next Life as a Villainess, which is pretty good, and My Hero Academia, also good.

We're eagerly awaiting the new season of Demon Slayer too, after seeing the movie back in.. May?

We just saw Whisper of the Heart at a local cinema, which was nice because it was one of the few Studio Ghibli films I'd not seen before.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:29 am

I know. 5 years. Consider it a revival as I intent to make this a home of my reviews of series I consider notable, positive and negative as I finally discovered a love of this pit of degeneracy a few years ago. Currently on H of my A-Z of discovery. Favourites so far: Made In Abyss and Haibane Renmei. Re:Zero following closely behind them. Still need to finish season 2. Expect fan service and ecchi to severely hurt my overall scores in reviews.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.