Questions to Other Forumers

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bisset
Denim Demon

Questions to Other Forumers

Postby Bisset » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:56 am

I seem to remember there being a thread before for asking questions about general stuff/advice to other forum members, maybe there still is an I'm just being an unholy tit.

So here's mine. Corpse Paint. Advice?

Basically I'm toying with an idea of doing a more war paint-esque idea for Farseer, it might work or it might be shit. Google is either being unfriendly or I'm being useless at finding places to buy/what to look for. Does anyone on here randomly wear it or have any general advice for application.

Not talking an Immortal look here, more like a smeared warpaint look. Cheers!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Questions to Other Forumers

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Look under face/stage paint rather than corpse paint. :P

Have a look in the kids section in places like Home Bargains, The Works, Poundland and B&M. Or ebay.

http://www.theworks.co.uk/search/face%20paints

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Face-Paint-an ... 044/i.html

Never used it on myself, but the niece and nephew have a few times.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 pm

You'd probably want something better than what they sell in Poundland. This stuff that they sell in Hobbycraft is pretty decent but almost certainly cheaper elsewhere:

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/smiffys-fx- ... 04409-1005

Try Googling "body paint" as well for some really good quality stuff.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Warlock
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Warlock » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:09 am

Snazaroo is pretty good, widely available and pretty cheap, I've used it many times, all you need for that is black and white, be very sparing with the black though or it can turn the white grey and is stronger and harder to remove than white, might be a place to start, think you can get them in hobbycraft or b and m or most party shops, or cheap on ebay.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:38 pm

I second Snazaroo! Great stuff, and pretty cheap. I did corpse paint for Emperor at BOA and I have two pieces of fairly obvious advice: Do the black around the eyes first, then fill in with white. Then add detail black over the top.

I used maybe two/three drops of water on the black for the reasons Warlock said.

Second is, spray your face with hairspray after to make sure it doesn't just slough off with the slightest hint of sweat.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:23 am

Brilliant advice all round guys! Cheers!
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:48 am

Is there a quick way to take the gas out of a fizzy drink? Namely the Trooper beer.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:15 am

I use a degasser tool (basically just a rod with some fins poking out, that you attach to a standard hand-held drill) to degas my homebrew mead. If that's not what you mean, I think the quickest way to degas any fizzy drink is to put it in a plastic bottle and shake it, then slightly unscrew the cap to let the the gas out, retighten the cap and repeat.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:26 am

Metalchemyst wrote:Is there a quick way to take the gas out of a fizzy drink? Namely the Trooper beer.

Drink better beer? Most people I know only drink it because of the name. Not even close to being one of Robinson's best. That would be Old Tom.

As it's an ale then just leave it for a bit, it'll soon go flat.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:29 am

When Iron Maiden played Liverpool a few weeks ago quite a few of the pubs were charging over the odds for Trooper. Understandable, within reason.

However some really took the piss including a pub called the Baltic Fleet near the venue. A real ale pub that brews it's own beer. They were charging £6.50 a bottle.

The local CAMRA branch aren't happy with this and they will be getting left out of the next Good Beer Guide. They are already boycotting the place.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah. It always gets me when people talk about beer being expensive in London. Half the pubs in the city centre have been at London prices for years.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Yeah, I've had better beers (Thwaites, Riding) but Trooper is just about the right bitterness for me. I just got a few bottles to try it. I'm not keen on gassey drinks which is why I usually avoid lager.

I vaguely remember doing what WorMzy suggested as a kid with pop. I've since read that putting a fizzy drink in microwave for 15-20 mins does the trick as well. Don't know if I can bothered though.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:When Iron Maiden played Liverpool a few weeks ago quite a few of the pubs were charging over the odds for Trooper. [...] They were charging £6.50 a bottle.

Surely that's a missed opportunity? They could have gone for £6.66!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Tet wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:When Iron Maiden played Liverpool a few weeks ago quite a few of the pubs were charging over the odds for Trooper. [...] They were charging £6.50 a bottle.

Surely that's a missed opportunity? They could have gone for £6.66!
The number of the yeast?

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 am

Hops, and fuggles, where sworn to be released.