Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Smindas
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Smindas » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Oh god, oh god. Finally got a release date for MGV. September 1st. In the time between now and then, I need to finish MGS4 and get enough money together to buy a PS4 - because that game looks good fantastic to play on mildly date technology.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:09 pm

Blade storm has been remade, had a go on the demo and its pretty good. Has the original 100 years war game plus an all new story, so its a pretty extensive remake. I will be getting that and battlefield hardline digital so me and my brother can both get them.

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Fucking 24 hour ban from CS;GO cause some dick on my team was purposely jumping in front of me while I was shooting the other team, running into my grenades etc. :ugh:

Can still play normal causal games, but competitive is much more enjoyable.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:38 am

JamieH wrote:Fucking 24 hour ban from CS;GO cause some dick on my team was purposely jumping in front of me while I was shooting the other team, running into my grenades etc. :ugh:

Whats csgo.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:47 am

Davros wrote:
JamieH wrote:Fucking 24 hour ban from CS;GO cause some dick on my team was purposely jumping in front of me while I was shooting the other team, running into my grenades etc. :ugh:

Whats csgo.

Counterstrike: Global Offensive
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:48 am

^

Just the newest counter strike.

1.6 was still the best one :eyes:

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 am

kanet666 wrote:Picked up an Xbone yesterday, haven't had time to play anything other than a couple of games of FIFA (in which there is admittedly a massive gulf between its quality between generations, certainly graphically) but fuck me do these installation times take the piss. it took around 5 hours to install the Master Chief Collection from disc, Unity took an hour, then another 90 minutes to update itself, and Forza 5 is on 42% after around 3 hours.

Is there any way of speeding the process up? Because these times seem ridiculous.

Think it's your Internet connection speed that's letting you down there, I've only had to wait an hour tops for an install.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:48 am

Smindas wrote:Oh god, oh god. Finally got a release date for MGV. September 1st. In the time between now and then, I need to finish MGS4 and get enough money together to buy a PS4 - because that game looks good fantastic to play on mildly date technology.

It'll probably come out on PC as well... and hopefully it'll be longer than five hours. People give The Order shit for it's length, but Ground Zeroes was basically a glorified demo. :lol:

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:24 pm

I definitely don't have a PC powerful enough for MGSV, to be fair.

Ground Zeroes is pretty different to The Order though - GZ made no bones about not being a full game, it was always meant to be the prologue and came out at a budget price because of it. Everyone knew the story was only going to be about two hours in it so no one got as pissed off.

Apparently Phantom Pain is meant to be huge. If anything, that worries me slightly - I like my Metal Gear clocking in around 10 hours max, otherwise I kind of just lost patience!

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:45 pm

EDIT: Wrong thread :oops:
Last edited by kanet666 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Jesus! THIS LINK WILL BE RIGHT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't edit these videos, I'll be doing the GTA videos, and slipping in some Motorhead!

So please check it out, it's just a bit of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjOtV0 ... Eg-M3IgX-Q
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:59 am

Smindas wrote:I definitely don't have a PC powerful enough for MGSV, to be fair.

Ground Zeroes is pretty different to The Order though - GZ made no bones about not being a full game, it was always meant to be the prologue and came out at a budget price because of it. Everyone knew the story was only going to be about two hours in it so no one got as pissed off.

Apparently Phantom Pain is meant to be huge. If anything, that worries me slightly - I like my Metal Gear clocking in around 10 hours max, otherwise I kind of just lost patience!

True, but Konami actually reduced the price before it even came out. I think they announced it at £30 or something like that, and everybody (understandably) flipped out, so they reduced it.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:50 am

Yeah, that's a good point. The Order is just a bit of a different situation to Ground Zeroes, simply because GZ was never going to be a full game. The Order situation is a disappointing one, although I've yet to play it and have heard that it's still a worthwhile game to play. I personally have no qualms about full games being short, but we're in a situation where new releases now cost about £60, so I see why people complain.

Also, on the topic of MGS, this is my new favourite gif;

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM

New Rollercoaster Tycoon trailer. Bring your pitchforks, people.

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

Moonburp wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM

New Rollercoaster Tycoon trailer. Bring your pitchforks, people.

My favourite part was where they included gameplay slowdown in the trailer. Doesn't exactly inspire faith...