Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
isabiggles
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby isabiggles » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Have you finished it dude? If not how far are you? I don't particularly want to say that the formula is good but you have to understand that John basically will do anything and will have to do anything he can to get the means to track these people down. The missions get better later on anyway.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 pm

isabiggles wrote:Thieving in Morrowind for the win. Unlike Oblivion raiding houses actually gets you mega profit a lot of the time. I was already 2k up before I left Seyda Neen for the first time lol :lol:

EDIT:

^ Sadly that's the way that Rockstar make their games. It's way too formulaic for my tastes and it's what made GTA4 so shit imo. However for some reason I can still live with it on RDR because the missions are much more fun + horsie horsie horsie.

I just stole some gem, unguarded in the Balmora Mages' Guild, that's worth 60,000 :lol:
Of course, I can't find anyone who has enough to pay me even a fraction of that for it.

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 pm

But I want to have fun and not have to do 5 missions to have something new and interesting happen.
As for how far, not very I imagine. Just started the Reyes chunk down in Mehi-co.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 pm

the best person to sell stuff to is a scamp, believe it or not. in pelegaid i think, although i may be wrong. only has 600 gold i think but always gives you exactly what the items worth
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:29 pm

corrupt_toolbox wrote:
isabiggles wrote:Thieving in Morrowind for the win. Unlike Oblivion raiding houses actually gets you mega profit a lot of the time. I was already 2k up before I left Seyda Neen for the first time lol :lol:

EDIT:

^ Sadly that's the way that Rockstar make their games. It's way too formulaic for my tastes and it's what made GTA4 so shit imo. However for some reason I can still live with it on RDR because the missions are much more fun + horsie horsie horsie.

I just stole some gem, unguarded in the Balmora Mages' Guild, that's worth 60,000 :lol:
Of course, I can't find anyone who has enough to pay me even a fraction of that for it.

Yeah the merchants mostly suck. The best merchants are found in the Great Bazaar in Mournhold or in Raven Rock on Soltheim. They're both DLC though and the most you'll get is 10000 gold. You could try the mudcrab merchant if you don't have them though.

60000 isn't too much though. I've still got some items in my inventory worth 400000 lol.

Luke- wrote:But I want to have fun and not have to do 5 missions to have something new and interesting happen.
As for how far, not very I imagine. Just started the Reyes chunk down in Mehi-co.

Missions should get better even though I didn't particularly like the Mexico part. Rest assured though that the missions get much better for the last 3rd.

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:31 pm

That sucked about Morrowind, you could have millions worth of items but to get that money you have to spend ages doing all that business with Scamp where you buy and sell over and over.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Yeah that sucked but it's hardly the end of the world since you eventually get way more money than you'd ever need.

Cpl. Jigsore
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cpl. Jigsore » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 am

couple of me mates have said that RDR has become boring now so i dont know whether or not to invest in it.

Aliens vs. Predator is immense online imo, and just got Unreal Tournament :D

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox Live my gamertag is hamnett666 :)

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:16 pm

corrupt_toolbox wrote:I just stole some gem, unguarded in the Balmora Mages' Guild, that's worth 60,000 :lol:

The Grand Soul Gem?

If you don't get Azura's Star, use the Summon Golden Saint Scrolls you get from what's her face after you spring her from prison on the main story, Soul Bind them, then kill them. Voila, the most powerful soul in the second most powerful gem in the game.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

isabiggles
Denim Demon

Postby isabiggles » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
corrupt_toolbox wrote:I just stole some gem, unguarded in the Balmora Mages' Guild, that's worth 60,000 :lol:

The Grand Soul Gem?

If you don't get Azura's Star, use the Summon Golden Saint Scrolls you get from what's her face after you spring her from prison on the main story, Soul Bind them, then kill them. Voila, the most powerful soul in the second most powerful gem in the game.

Golden saints are really the most powerful?

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:04 pm

golden saint in azuras star is the most expensive thing in the game i believe, but so expensive that its pointless :lol:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 pm

My girlfriend and I have been playing through Lego Harry Potter (I can hear the groans of 1'000 dying hardcore gamers from here). To be fair I enjoyed the Lego Star Wars games and Harry has been done very well, quirky and fun cut scenes, overly large amounts of random stuff going on makes for a good laugh, especially with a second player.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Bisset wrote:My girlfriend and I have been playing through Lego Harry Potter (I can hear the groans of 1'000 dying hardcore gamers from here). To be fair I enjoyed the Lego Star Wars games and Harry has been done very well, quirky and fun cut scenes, overly large amounts of random stuff going on makes for a good laugh, especially with a second player.

Lego Star Wars and Batman were awesome. Fantastic multiplayer.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:43 pm

im not a fan of the lego games apart from star wars tbh, but harry potter may get rented at some point

corrupt_toolbox
Denim Demon

Postby corrupt_toolbox » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:If you don't get Azura's Star, use the Summon Golden Saint Scrolls you get from what's her face after you spring her from prison on the main story, Soul Bind them, then kill them. Voila, the most powerful soul in the second most powerful gem in the game.

Since I didn't get a proper manual, most of this post unfortunately means nothing to me :lol:
I don't understand the purpose of soul gems and I don't know how to Soul Bind someone. I probably wouldn't be able to do it anyway because my character's a combat type with gash stats on all magic stuff.

I also don't get how to enchant a weapon. I thought I could pay someone to make my steel sabre capable of harming spirits, but when I go for the Enchantment option there's some complicated menu that makes no sense to me whatsoever and doesn't actually have anything in any of the windows. Right now I have to use a steel firesword I was given as part of a quest.