What Are We Waiting For?

August 10-13, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire

Re: What Are We Waiting For?

Postby robin8585 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 am

RazvanIksandar wrote:Have Beholder actually been announced/confirmed/leaked? I see a lot of posts talking about them as if their playing but no concrete evidence.

Or is this just a big forum inside joke?

It's the band of one of the festival organisers and they frequently get booked, usually in a slot far larger than they really deserve. Earlier this year they announced they're calling it quits, so money's on Bloodstock being their farewell show.
robin8585
Consort of the Beast

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am

Yep. Especially as we aren't really expecting anyone special at this late a date. It'll just be a "filler" band, if it was a major band they would have been announced ages ago to maximise ticket sales.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Yep. Especially as we aren't really expecting anyone special at this late a date. It'll just be a "filler" band, if it was a major band they would have been announced ages ago to maximise ticket sales.

Couple this with the fact that if it's already nearly sold out, then they don't need to get anyone special since they don't need to bump ticket sales, they can just get anyone really.
houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:56 pm

With Amon Amarth, Ghost and Megadeth headlining? Doubt it.

It's not going to sell out if Twisted Sister playing their last European show, Mastodon who are apparently very popular and Slayer didn't sell out. At least two of those probably shifted quite a few day tickets to people that wouldn't attend a full weekend. There's nothing rare this year apart from maybe Blind Guardian who might attract a few Europeans.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby phuqsticks » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 pm

All the speculation about Beholder is just a smokescreen put up by Bloodstock to catch the forum off guard, so they can brag they have pulled off a massive coup by signing this lot to fill the last mainstage slot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhwAPmk5Vw
phuqsticks
Warrior of Metal

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:04 pm

[quote="Gandalf the Red"]With Amon Amarth, Ghost and Megadeth headlining? Doubt it.

I did say IF :P
houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby someone else » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:11 am

Even by Downloads usual standards, this year was pretty poor and it wouldn't take much more than a small percentage to switch to be significant to BOA, particularly as the headliners are DL friendly, aswell as Hatebreed, Skindred, King 810 etc
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11
someone else
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 am

So just waiting for set times now we've got all the bands
houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby slayerslays » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Can't find any reference anywhere- is there going to be a charity t-shirt amnesty stall does anyone know thanx in advance?
slayerslays
Warrior of Metal

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:26 pm

slayerslays wrote:Can't find any reference anywhere- is there going to be a charity t-shirt amnesty stall does anyone know thanx in advance?

Do you mean the Teenage Cancer Trust stall that sells the donated t-shirts? I'm sure they mentioned that it will be there in the last q&a.
Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:36 pm

Yep. It's mentioned on the Facebook page. Scroll down about four days.
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Haldamir319 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:With Amon Amarth, Ghost and Megadeth headlining? Doubt it.

It's not going to sell out if Twisted Sister playing their last European show, Mastodon who are apparently very popular and Slayer didn't sell out. At least two of those probably shifted quite a few day tickets to people that wouldn't attend a full weekend. There's nothing rare this year apart from maybe Blind Guardian who might attract a few Europeans.

They have just announced they are into their final few hundred weekend tickets. Looks like we're genuinely close to our first ever sell out.
Haldamir319
Paster of Muppets

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:With Amon Amarth, Ghost and Megadeth headlining? Doubt it.

They have just announced they are into their final few hundred weekend tickets. Looks like we're genuinely close to our first ever sell out.

Yep looks like it could be possible this year! :o
Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bizza » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Or, alternatively, sales are down and they are trying to goad people into buying tickets.

I'll be massively surprised if it does sell out with that line-up, could it really sell enough extra tickets over last year to fill the new campsite?
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)
Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Jay1993 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Bizza wrote:Or, alternatively, sales are down and they are trying to goad people into buying tickets.

I'll be massively surprised if it does sell out with that line-up, could it really sell enough extra tickets over last year to fill the new campsite?

Why would they of made the decision to add an extra campsite weeks ago if ticket sales were down? Makes no sense :? I'm also intrigued as to how it's getting close to selling out this year but not previous years. I suspect it's partly due to the wider appeal of certain bands e.g. Ghost but there also seems to be a lot of people attending for the first time this year because they've got sick of Download judging from Facebook.
Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

PreviousNext

Return to Bloodstock Open Air 2017