Fozzy and the miming argument.

August 9-12, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
gregors666
Warrior of Metal

Fozzy and the miming argument.

Postby gregors666 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:35 am

At a couple of points early on in the set it looked to me that Chris Jericho was miming.
However,I noticed that for all intense purposes they actually have 3 singers. The other two being the bass player and the second guitarist. I noticed that the bass player actually sang most of the set, and where it appeared that Jericho had finished a note, the bass player had not and so gave the impression that Jericho was miming.
I also believe that his mic levels were too low, so we were actually hearing more of the other two than the main singer.
They put on a great show however way you want to see it and I for one won't be heaping any woe on the shoulders of Jericho.
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: Fozzy and the miming argument.

Postby Jobdone » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:46 am

intents and purposes

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:04 am

Intensive Porpoises
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:02 am

Tbh, I thought they were using a backing track in addition to the three live vocalists. Not my preferred method, but they sounded great either way. You can tell Jericho was singing with how the notes were coming out too.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Insensitive Prefaces

I have nothing meaningful to contribute - didn't watch them
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Methuen
Lowly Peon

Postby Methuen » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:21 pm

His mic was definitely quieter than the others - maybe the sound was messed up, rather than him mimimg ? (Unless he's known for that ?) Just thinking of some of the other bands, where the sound was basically DRUMS everything else.

Either way, he put in a lot of effort working the crowd - more than anyone else I saw on the mainstage; Alestorm didn't work that hard because there was already a party. Chris Jericho really, really worked for it.
Indoor 2005
Indoor 2006
BOA 2008
BOA 2018

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 pm

There is zero doubt. He was miming. Or at least singing (and at times not singing) along to a backing track.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Tet wrote:There is zero doubt. He was miming. Or at least singing (and at times not singing) along to a backing track.

There's a huge difference between the two.

agitatedbells
Lowly Peon

Postby agitatedbells » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:28 am

He was absolutely miming. As was the stage left guitarist (at one point, he ran with the guitar around his back, then realised he forgot he was supposed to be playing, no notes dropped).

If Jericho wasn't miming, he was singing along to a backing track which was doing the vast majority of the work. Backing tracks are something which I have no issue with under the right circumstances, I get why a band might not have an orchestra with them on stage, or the odd bit of keyboard. But when its lead vocals and guitars...

Ultimately, I treat it like one of his wrestling matches. Enjoyable, entertaining, fun, but fake.
they are all dead, they just dont know it yet

devilman
Lowly Peon

Postby devilman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Must have been a backing track as it sounded like M Shadows was on stage for that song he does with them.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:01 pm

That bad AND miming?

Caught a bit whilst walking from one stage to the other. What a waste of a decent slot.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp