ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

August 8 - 11, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
administrator
Site Admin
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:08 am

ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby administrator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Image

As the festive season descends upon us, BLOODSTOCK come bearing gifts! Four more bands for 2019!

Saturday’s special guest on the Ronnie James Dio main stage will be none other than thrash titans, ANTHRAX. The band are set to start work on a new studio album in 2019, so maybe we’ll get to hear something new at BOA19! In the meantime, check out a live version of their classic ‘Madhouse’, taken from their recent live DVD release, ‘Kings Among Scotland’ - https://youtu.be/KRKHuoaT9i8.

In a UK exclusive, Norwegian black metal legends DIMMU BORGIR join the bill as BLOODSTOCK’s special guests on Sunday. After an eight year gap, the group released their tenth studio album, ‘Eonian’ via Nuclear Blast in May. Investigate the video for ‘Council Of Wolves And Snakes’ from that opus at: https://youtu.be/5ws18_MZ-lw.

Adding to the main stage fun on Saturday, are Australian deathcore beasts THY ART IS MURDER. While the band have four albums, including their most recent, ‘Dear Desolation’ to familiarise yourself with, they tantalisingly just dropped a brand new track on Black Friday. Listen to ‘Death Perception’ over at geni.us/TAIMDeathPerception.

Homegrown British act TESSERACT bring their blend of djent and progressive metal to Catton Park on Friday. Most recently, the band have been traversing Europe with touring buddies Between The Buried And Me. Watch the video for ‘Juno’, from TESSERACT’s fourth studio album ‘Sonder’ - https://youtu.be/sTt2gGmYG3k.

These four bands join the previously announced Friday night headliner, SABATON, Sunday’s bill toppers SCORPIONS, together with CHILDREN OF BODOM, CODE ORANGE, SOILWORK, CRADLE OF FILTH, METAL CHURCH, SKELETONWITCH, DEATH ANGEL, DEE SNIDER, QUEENSRYCHE, ELUVEITIE, EVIL SCARECROW, ROSS THE BOSS, GRAND MAGUS, ROTTING CHRIST and HYPOCRISY on the Catton Park stages next August. Stay tuned for more bands to be announced in the New Year!

Check out the new 2019 video trailer here - https://youtu.be/UPaaie4-HZw.

Standard weekend tickets are only available at ‘early bird’ prices (just £132 for four days of metal fun) until 15th December, so pick up yours today at the ticket store to save a few quid while you can - http://bloodstock.seetickets.com.

BLOODSTOCK’s first wave of 2019 Serpents Lair VIP tickets and campervan passes are both now SOLD OUT! A second wave of VIP, including Deluxe packages (Luxpads, Bellepads, Podpads, etc) and a limited amount of VIP upgrades (for those who’ve already purchased standard weekend tickets) will become available on Monday 17th December at 9am. For full details click to http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/pages/vip-camping.

You can also subscribe to the BLOODSTOCK e-mailout to get band and news announcements as they happen! Click through to http://eepurl.com/dKZrG-/ to sign up.

BLOODSTOCK will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019

User avatar
fluffkitten
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby fluffkitten » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:46 pm

2 of 4 for me, plenty I want to see next year even though my "avoid like plague" list is growing.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:00 pm
Location: London

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby slayerslays » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:51 pm

2/4 for me- Dimmu and Thy Art Is Murder- (didn't it occur to BOA that anyone who likes Anthrax would've seen them THIS year anyway on the Slayer tour)- and they were as boring as always- I always think they MUST have something as they are one of the 'Big 4' so I approach their set and think 'Right I'm gonna give them another chance- but I've given up now....they have never failed to disappoint...I like 'good' thrash....oh well Looking forward to the Sophie Stage and the New Blood announcements now

User avatar
varangian
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby varangian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Obviously means Slayer as Saturday headliner then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two decent special guests, " For those about to whinge (we dont salute you)" are always the ones who don`t contribute to the Wishlist or ideas discussion
Voivod ? Saxon? Accept ? Last Special guest perhaps?

Not heard much of Tesseract and heard nowt from Thy art is murder

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4769
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 pm

varangian wrote:Obviously means Slayer as Saturday headliner then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two decent special guests, " For those about to whinge (we dont salute you)" are always the ones who don`t contribute to the Wishlist or ideas discussion
Voivod ? Saxon? Accept ? Last Special guest perhaps?

Not heard much of Tesseract and heard nowt from Thy art is murder


Maybe because those of us that have been here from the start know they don't pay any attention whatsoever to the "wishlist" and never have done.

It's like sitting on Santa's knee, asking for a train set and ending up with socks and a tangerine. You never get what you ask for.

Two bands that were predicted in Anthrax and Dimmu (and have seen dozens of times without even trying) and two that are as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
varangian
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby varangian » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 am

Sure, Cannibal Corpse surprise SG status was I perceived highly weak yet on the FB page went down like a Led Zeppelin reunion announcement, your not gonna please everyone

Be honest and look who`s touring, has an album out, would actually play and I`ll be honest that a big chunk of the names I suggested are there this year

How many people`s Wishlist bill`s ask for Classic line up Motorhead and then strank when it dosent happen

When you refer to from the beginning is that a reference to Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer et al?

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
varangian wrote:Obviously means Slayer as Saturday headliner then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two decent special guests, " For those about to whinge (we dont salute you)" are always the ones who don`t contribute to the Wishlist or ideas discussion
Voivod ? Saxon? Accept ? Last Special guest perhaps?

Not heard much of Tesseract and heard nowt from Thy art is murder


Maybe because those of us that have been here from the start know they don't pay any attention whatsoever to the "wishlist" and never have done.


Wrong. When Katatonia were booked in '09 and Immortal in '11, they specifically said they had noticed the huge wishlist threads about those bands.

They obviously haven't paid any attention for a while, cos when it was more busy it was full of people who longed for more power metal bands rather than the metalcore crap they book nowadays, and now the forum's too dead for them to bother with....but to say they've always ignored the wishlist is incorrect.

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4769
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
varangian wrote:Obviously means Slayer as Saturday headliner then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two decent special guests, " For those about to whinge (we dont salute you)" are always the ones who don`t contribute to the Wishlist or ideas discussion
Voivod ? Saxon? Accept ? Last Special guest perhaps?

Not heard much of Tesseract and heard nowt from Thy art is murder


Maybe because those of us that have been here from the start know they don't pay any attention whatsoever to the "wishlist" and never have done.


Wrong. When Katatonia were booked in '09 and Immortal in '11, they specifically said they had noticed the huge wishlist threads about those bands.

They obviously haven't paid any attention for a while, cos when it was more busy it was full of people who longed for more power metal bands rather than the metalcore crap they book nowadays, and now the forum's too dead for them to bother with....but to say they've always ignored the wishlist is incorrect.


Or is that more of a case of bands were available and booked. then looking at the "wishlist" and seeing they seem popular they spun a yarn? They aren't strangers to spouting hype.

If they were really looking at the "wishlist" then why haven't they booked two of the most popular bands that have been requested year after year in Manowar and Tankard? Both of which are playing smaller gigs next year so are available.


Before anyone says Manowar are too expensive, I've seen how much Judas Priest cost and it's vastly more that what Manowar was asking. Over seven figures. I would expect the Scorpions would be a similar figure so spending big money isn't a problem for them.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 4769
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:10 pm

varangian wrote:When you refer to from the beginning is that a reference to Iron Butterfly, Blue Cheer et al?



Only in age. I was born the year Jimi Hendrix died and The Beatles split up so I can say I was physically around for those events. :lol:

I meant the forum and festival. Ignore the "Joined" date on the avatar as I've had three accounts over the years.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby Soze » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 pm

slayerslays wrote:anyone who likes Anthrax would've seen them THIS year anyway on the Slayer tour)- and they were as boring as always- I always think they MUST have something as they are one of the 'Big 4' so I approach their set and think 'Right I'm gonna give them another chance- but I've given up now....they have never failed to disappoint...I like 'good' thrash....oh well Looking forward to the Sophie Stage and the New Blood announcements now


I think you're massively on your own with that opinion, pretty much everyone I know has Anthrax as a nailed on good time band. They're enormous fun and had the crowd eating out of their hands at Cardiff.

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

2019 will be the 13th time I have seen Anthrax (first saw them in 1987) and while some tours were better than others, I have never been to a bad - or boring - Anthrax gig.

If their performance is like their one in 2016, they will be excellent.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Anthrax have been lots of fun every time I've seen them.

Just to add my, positive regard for this announcement on the official thred: Dimmu and Anthrax are great additions!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
fluffkitten
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:25 pm

I am really pleased about Anthrax being booked. Even if I had seen them at Slayer's shows this year (which unfortunately I couldn't) I still would be just as pleased seeing them in a different context next year.

Also massively pleased about Dimmu.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8658
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby Tet » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:04 pm

slayerslays wrote:didn't it occur to BOA that anyone who likes Anthrax would've seen them THIS year anyway on the Slayer tour

Nope. I like Anthrax, but since Slayer are rubbish and Lamb Of God and Obituary are worse, there was no way I'd go and see that tour. I'm pleased they'll be at Bloodstock, and I'm very pleased that Dimmu will be there.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: ANTHRAX - DIMMU BORGIR - THY ART IS MURDER & TESSERACT - CONFIRMED FOR BLOODSTOCK 2019

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Tet wrote:
slayerslays wrote:didn't it occur to BOA that anyone who likes Anthrax would've seen them THIS year anyway on the Slayer tour

Nope. I like Anthrax, but since Slayer are rubbish and Lamb Of God and Obituary are worse, there was no way I'd go and see that tour. I'm pleased they'll be at Bloodstock, and I'm very pleased that Dimmu will be there.


I actually thought Slayer were the best I've seen them for years on that tour. I almost got a t-shirt - and I'm not even that much of a fan.

And I'm still happy with Anthrax anyway, dispite seeing them on that tour, they have the songs to get a beery crowd in a field going, so it's a win for me.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?