JUDAS PRIEST AND BEHEMOTH CONFIRMED AS HEADLINERS FOR BLOODSTOCK 2020

Band, event and site related announcements.
administrator
Site Admin

JUDAS PRIEST AND BEHEMOTH CONFIRMED AS HEADLINERS FOR BLOODSTOCK 2020

Postby administrator » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:05 am

If you tuned into Planet Rock Radio this morning, you’ll have been amongst the first to hear BLOODSTOCK’s hotly anticipated news, revealing the final two Ronnie James Dio main stage headliners for 2020’s event. DEVIN TOWNSEND was announced as Friday night’s headliner last month. Without further ado…

Metal legends JUDAS PRIEST will headline Sunday night. In a year when BLOODSTOCK celebrates 20 years, we can think of no better place to also celebrate JUDAS PRIEST’s 50 Heavy Metal Years! The Grammy Award-winning British icons were recently nominated again for the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame and to date have sold over 50 million albums. Their latest release, 2018’s ‘Firepower’, saw the band return all guns blazing, earning the accolade Best British Album at the Planet Rock Awards. JUDAS PRIEST enthuse, “Horns up BLOODSTOCK - the PRIEST is back to headline the 20th year of BLOODSTOCK with our 50 Heavy Metal Years anniversary show!! A double barrel, once in a lifetime, blast of metal mania 2020....!!” You can watch a special message from the inimitable Rob Halford at: https://youtu.be/2VJIsrJf_Mc.

The mighty BEHEMOTH are set to headline Saturday in a UK festival exclusive for 2020. Having wowed fans across the globe with their phenomenal set on both Slayer’s final US tour and Slipknot’s current Knotfest Roadshow, the Polish metal heavyweights will be upping the stakes by bringing their biggest and best production to date. Don’t miss the spectacle of them closing out the Ronnie James Dio main stage on Saturday night! Charismatic frontman Nergal tells us, “BLOODSTOCK! The hallowed lands of Catton Park will once again host our Fiendish Festivities. This is BEHEMOTH’s first UK festival headline and that will be celebrated in the only way we know how; Hell will be raised, blood will be shed, and magick will descend! We shall see you there Legions!” Hear it straight from BEHEMOTH themselves at: https://youtu.be/oe_1eQyZpXY.

BLOODSTOCK will be headlined on Friday by DEVIN TOWNSEND and also welcomes PHILIP H. ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS, SKINDRED, PARADISE LOST, LIFE OF AGONY, BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, DIAMOND HEAD, JINJER, VIO-LENCE, SACRED REICH, GLORYHAMMER, DARK TRANQUILITY, and BUTCHER BABIES so far. Many more bands performing over the weekend will be announced in due course.

Discounted Early Bird tickets, VIP tickets, child tickets and car parking tickets for 2020’s event are available now at the ticket store. Campervan tickets for 2020 are already sold out.

BLOODSTOCK 2020 takes place at Catton Park, Derbyshire from 6th-9th August 2020.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Re: JUDAS PRIEST AND BEHEMOTH CONFIRMED AS HEADLINERS FOR BLOODSTOCK 2020

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:07 pm

Truly creative.

SlaytanicBacon
Definitely Not Nu

Postby SlaytanicBacon » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Great announcement for me and its the first time in a while I really like all 3 headliners!
Honestly this could have been so much worse and got a controversial booking like Parkway again...

This is BEHEMOTH’s first UK festival headline

This confuses me as didn't Behemoth previously headline bloodstock in 2012? :?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:10 pm

SlaytanicBacon wrote:This confuses me as didn't Behemoth previously headline bloodstock in 2012? :?

Yes, they did. I was underwhelmed. From my review: "It feels as though they want to be Dimmu Borgir, but they lack both the songs and the stage presence to do so."
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

VimFuego666
Warrior of Metal

Postby VimFuego666 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Didn't Judas Priest headline in 2018 a bit soon eh? not complaining though, didn't go that year so would like to see them. Behemoth did headline, then they were special guests now they headline again. Are we really so short of potential headline acts who haven't played before or at least for several years!