Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Last: Skeletal Remains - Camden. Possibly my favorite gig of the year. Such a fun crowd. Supports of blasphemer and zealot cult were great too. Only downside is skeletal remains only played for 40 minutes which is really poor for a headliner. So good job I liked the supports.

Next: Voyager. Can't wait for that. They are a fun band.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodofthekings
Leather Rebel

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Last gig - Bloodstock. Left my view on the festival in the good/bad/ugly thread - had a great weekend as usual (despite the weather), saw some quality performances but the highlights were definitely Powerwolf, Sabaton, Anthrax & Dee Snider. Really don't want to break my 10-year continuous attendance (also went in 05 & 06 in addition to 4 indoor fests) but the announcement for next year really hasn't convinced me yet and the quality is gonna need to greatly improve before I buy a ticket.

Next gig - Prophets of Rage - Manchester

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am

Last Gig - BOA
Next Gig - Devin Townsend, Glasgow
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

bloodofthekings
Leather Rebel

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am

Last - Prophets of Rage in Manchester. Normally wouldn't do a gig this close to Bloodstock and especially one which involves a mid-week trip to Manchester but I missed them when they did festivals a couple of years ago and I've been wanting to see them ever since. Put on a great show and there was a really good lively atmosphere in the crowd - so many RATM, Cypress Hill and Public Enemy classics made for a really fun show.
Overheard some of the security being puzzled as to why everyone suddenly turned up to the venue just before Prophets came on - easy answer mate, it wasn't hard to find the stage times and a when you book a support band nobody has heard of (and 30 secs on Youtube was all you needed to discover how shite they are), then it's hardly a surprise people don't want to stand up for 2 extra hours drinking over-priced cans of Red Stripe.

Next gig - HRH Sleaze @ Sheffield Academy

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Last - Bloodstock (won't got into it here, that's what the 2019 forum is for, but had a blast despite the weather).

Next - Hardwick Live this weekend, only going for the Saturday this year. Mainly looking forward to Manic Street Preachers, Stiff Little Fingers and The Joy Formidable.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Last gig: Bloodstock. It was good.

Next gig: Power Metal Quest Fest in Birmingham at the end of next month.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Brutal Assault. Talked about in on the Gigs subsection.

Next might be Bong at the Black Heart on the 25th, if can afford a trip to London before payday, then definitely going to see Abduction at the Dev on 5th September.