Outdoor Gigs

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Re: Outdoor Gigs

Postby bloodofthekings » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Taken from the BBC crib notes on Johnson's speech:

"Live indoor theatre and concerts will be able to resume with socially distanced audiences"

I wouldn't class that as "normal gigs" by any means. This will likely just mean large, all-seated venues. Still leaves plenty of gigs at majority-standing or all-standing venues completely fucked for the time being.

And what about large venues that have plenty of seating but also a large standing area like Manchester Arena or the O2 in London? What about gigs in these venues (and even all-seated ones) that are currently scheduled for the autumn/winter period that have sold beyond the capacity required for social distancing measures? Do you operate a last-in, first-out approach whereby people who have bought tickets and made travel arrangements are told "sorry, you bought your ticket too late so you can't come any more"? And even if you did, how the fuck do you police that on the night?

There's so much the government haven't thought of here, I'd be surprised if Boris and his cronies even know that small venues exist.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:37 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Told you. People really need to start listening to what I post I know vastly more about things than most...

BTW I'm not going to start putting my sources anywhere for ANY information I may have. Get your own sources....

It's not my fault the government started listening to idiots and started this nonsense lockdown. Facemasks is another ridiculous policy. Only started needing them on transport to placate unions. Then the media started demanding them in shops and they crumbled.

Total deaths a couple of thousand more than normal. Sad for those affected, but not worth crippling the country for.

What you said was "normal" gigs, this is anything but normal, it is social events with enforced social distancing and masks.

You really don't know vastly more than most as you said everything would be back to normal in a few weeks in April.

"it's not my fault the government started listening to idiots and started this nonsense lockdown. Face masks is another ridiculous policy"

Well done, I think that even beats your corona virus is "just a bit of a cold" comment.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:15 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Told you. People really need to start listening to what I post I know vastly more about things than most...

BTW I'm not going to start putting my sources anywhere for ANY information I may have. Get your own sources....

You're either making it all up or you get all your information from ridiculous places like The Daily Express or Breitbart.

It's not my fault the government started listening to idiots and started this nonsense lockdown. Facemasks is another ridiculous policy. Only started needing them on transport to placate unions. Then the media started demanding them in shops and they crumbled.

Face coverings protect the environment from the wearer. There is growing evidence that if enough people wear face coverings the spread of the virus will be reduced. Apparently if 80% of people wear masks the infection rate could drop by 92%. It's not that much of an inconvenience to put one on if you get on a bus for 20 minutes or go into a shop.

Total deaths a couple of thousand more than normal. Sad for those affected, but not worth crippling the country for.

Not true at all. For about six weeks there were about 7,000 Covid-19 related deaths per week. That's substantially greater than "a couple of thousand". The projections for number of deaths without lockdown were about 250,000. The country would have been crippled by that with no room in hospitals like Italy had.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi, I have lurked here for years but have now joined thenks to Gandalf (Cheers!)

If you want evidence of why the lockdown was a good idea look at South America, Brazil have messed aroud with a half-ased lockdown and have over 2 million cases and 78 thousand dead, the rest of South America have far fewer cases, Argentina the next biggest has 112 thousand cases and just over 2200 deaths not even 5 thousand.

The Difference is They Took it seriously with a draconian lockdown like New Zealand did and Australia are now.

It may seen silly to you to "Cripple the Country" but practicly every Country in the Whole world seen to think it is a big deal.

Also where do you get August for indoor gigs from?

This is the Roadmap

Here is the roadmap:

Stage One - Rehearsal and training (no audiences and adhering to social distancing guidelines)
Stage Two - Performances for broadcast and recording purposes (adhering to social distancing guidelines)
Stage Three - Performances outdoors with an audience plus pilots for indoor performances with a limited distance audience
Stage Four - Performances allowed indoors / outdoors (but with a limited distanced audience indoors)
Stage Five - Performances allowed indoors / outdoors (with a fuller audience indoors)

We have been told it will Probably be October before we can put Gigs on Again, No i'm not losing my job telling you where I work, before you ask.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:09 am

I assume Gandalf is just doing this to get a rise.... unfortunately there's no one here anymore to get a rise from.

He's an utter fucking moron if he really is serious about that last post.

He used to grumpy but OK, he's just boring these days.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:
August? Great, if true! Where is your source for this info?

I don't have any sources, but then I never put across an opinion that requires them for credibility.

Perhaps your sources are just the tricky whisper of a fractured ego, they often appear to be so... At least that is what I will assume, till something more credible/real is revealed by the only man in the know.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

i0th2
Powermetal Child

Postby i0th2 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 am

Looks like it's time to add Gandalf to the blocked list, his inane ramblings have stopped being amusing and are now just sad.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:23 am

i0th2 wrote:Looks like it's time to add Gandalf to the blocked list, his inane ramblings have stopped being amusing and are now just sad.

I think the forum needs all the members it can get who post :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:31 am

Ghost wrote:
i0th2 wrote:Looks like it's time to add Gandalf to the blocked list, his inane ramblings have stopped being amusing and are now just sad.

I think the forum needs all the members it can get who post :lol:

Yes it's a sad day when an interminable attention-seeking assclown like Gandalf is integral to keeping the board moving.

They organisers sabotaged the board years ago, may as well just delete the fucking thing now that it's in this state.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi all

Although the new date of August 1st for concerts sounds good, dont expect many concerts yet, We cannot reopen as a 500 capacity will need to be seated and social distance means we can just about squeeze 100 in with some difficulty, unfortunately with the extra costs social distancing entails, it would not be financaly viable to reopen, in short we would lose money if we put any gigs on.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:23 pm

Never mind gandalf the red more like coco the clown .

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:58 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:A bit pointless trying to organise any seeing as normal gigs are expected to start in August. Supposed to be an announcement in a couple of weeks time relaxing the rules on events.

That's if there aren't any spikes and may not be happening in Leicester.

Judging by Boris' announcement today I think we can safely say that this won't be happening, which we all knew anyway.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:28 am

Here's a suggestion. Each gig is put on 3 times.
1. Under 45s with no health problems
2. 45+ with no health problems
3. People with health problems + their carers if they have one.

Not necessarily in that order

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:34 am

slayerslays wrote:Here's a suggestion. Each gig is put on 3 times.

Pretty much financial suicide, even if it was logistically possible.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:24 am

ribbons69 wrote:
slayerslays wrote:Here's a suggestion. Each gig is put on 3 times.

Pretty much financial suicide, even if it was logistically possible.

Yes that can't happen, it would be far too costly, and the final 2 categories would be too small in number.

The only way things could happen any time soon will be like the Arcturus gig I saw a vid of in Norway, ie audience all seated with distancing and all wearing masks.

Basically just write this year off, any gigs that can happen this year will be a bonus and only at the very end of the year.