Last gig ticket you bought?

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Re: Last gig ticket you bought?

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue May 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Ghost wrote:
gazsetsfire wrote:
Getting the Eurostar. Always do when going to Holland as far less hassle. Helps that Eurostar station is on my doorstep. Go the Brussels then get train over to south Holland. They don’t come on sale for another 6 weeks but figure my travel insurance through my bank will cover that part of the trip if postponed. Only normally costs about £70 return

How much is the accommodation? Do you go on your own (don't worry I'm not proposing to come with you :lol:?

Ha, no probs :lol: . My hotel is 80 for 2 nights. That’s fairly basic with shared bathroom but free breakfast, free cancellation and right in the centre of Eindhoven. Festival doesn’t start till 4pm on the Friday so only need 2 night stay as will get the Eurostar out first thing Friday morning and be in Eindhoven by lunchtime.
It’s a great city, not been to this venue before though. As it stands I’m going on my own as my best mate is moving to Norway in the near future and doesn’t want to be booking stuff at the minute. I’ve been going to gigs on my own since I moved down to Kent from Leeds unless one of my mates travels down for a London gig. Have always done overnight European gigs on my own but didn’t do my first festival trip alone until last year and that was only for a day ticket to Alcatraz. Doesn’t bother me one bit these days. I’ll just get drunk and chat away to random Dutch people lol. Pretty sure a few from these forums have made the trip to Eindhoven metal meeting. You should look into it if line up is right up your street

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue May 05, 2020 7:10 pm

Seems pretty cheap. Yeah I've been going to gigs on my own for years, never done a fest like that though.
I live with some high risk people so my gig days are over at the moment until maybe a vaccine comes in. The plan in my head is to be back for Incineration but who knows.
I see the bad moon arising.

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Tue May 05, 2020 7:28 pm

Ghost wrote:Seems pretty cheap. Yeah I've been going to gigs on my own for years, never done a fest like that though.
I live with some high risk people so my gig days are over at the moment until maybe a vaccine comes in. The plan in my head is to be back for Incineration but who knows.

Jeez I hope we are all back up and running by then! Good luck with it all. Stay safe :yes:

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Wed May 06, 2020 7:59 am

Until this woefully mismanaged country gets it's act together I'm not booking anything either. :evil:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Wed May 06, 2020 10:25 am

gazsetsfire wrote:Ha, no probs :lol: . My hotel is 80 for 2 nights. That’s fairly basic with shared bathroom but free breakfast, free cancellation and right in the centre of Eindhoven. Festival doesn’t start till 4pm on the Friday so only need 2 night stay as will get the Eurostar out first thing Friday morning and be in Eindhoven by lunchtime.
It’s a great city, not been to this venue before though. As it stands I’m going on my own as my best mate is moving to Norway in the near future and doesn’t want to be booking stuff at the minute. I’ve been going to gigs on my own since I moved down to Kent from Leeds unless one of my mates travels down for a London gig. Have always done overnight European gigs on my own but didn’t do my first festival trip alone until last year and that was only for a day ticket to Alcatraz. Doesn’t bother me one bit these days. I’ll just get drunk and chat away to random Dutch people lol. Pretty sure a few from these forums have made the trip to Eindhoven metal meeting. You should look into it if line up is right up your street

We got tickets for EMM before all this shit kicked off, it's the one festival that *may* go ahead this year.

I've never taken the Eurostar cos the plane is ridiculously quick to Eindhoven, just 45 minutes from London. We always stay at a poncey hotel with a pool, sauna etc.

If it happens this'll be my 4th year, went in 2014, 15 and 18, it's a great festival and a good venue. I wouldn't say it's a "great city" though, always seemed pretty bland with nothing to do whenever I've been around there, hence we've always just gone to the festival and pretty much come straight back.

gazsetsfire
Consort of the Beast

Postby gazsetsfire » Wed May 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Suicidal Angels added today! Just gets better for me!,
Sorry should have started an EMM thread in the gigs part of the forum