Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby someone else » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:02 am

Threshold were even better tonight - buoyed on by a rowdier Friday night crowd it was a barnstorming gig, and the supports seemed to be better aswell. Some interesting comments about Bloodstock aswell....

Next: Robert Plant next week
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:16 am

Went to Gorguts last weekend. Not entirely sure which will be my next one.

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:06 pm

last gig crucified barbara, next FM at bingley next thursday.

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:08 pm

north sea storm wrote:last gig crucified barbara, next FM at bingley next thursday.
Bingley!? Almost makes me want to pretend I like namby pamby bollocks like FM just because a band I've heard of is playing near Bradford, haha.

Thursday: Tygers of Pan Tang/Avenger/Fist - Newcastle. Surprisingly well attended and Tygers & Fist were on fine form as expected. The less said about Avenger the better.

Last night: Threshold - Chester. Absolutely spectacular performance and a turnout that you would hope means that they play up north more often

Next gig: Probably Saxon/Hell in Leeds. Tempted by Accept but without a decent support band it's hard to justify a midweek trip to London.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:12 am

Illwish wrote:
north sea storm wrote:
Last night: Threshold - Chester. Absolutely spectacular performance and a turnout that you would hope means that they play up north more often

It was a better turnout than I've seen in the place and there was good crowd in London too, but apparently their booker is in Austria so the north of England is a mystery to them. With Riverside getting a very good turnout on a Sunday night in Manchester, hopefully the penny will drop that there is an audience outside of London for prog metal.

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Last Gig: Wounded Kings/Atragon/Ommadon/Headless Kross

Headless Kross were fantastic as usual. What more can I say? :yes:
Ommadon started well and kinda tailed off a bit at the end which is a shame because most folk in the audience looked like they had the same view judging by the look in their eyes over the course of the set!
Fatragon were great, probably the best I've seen them play, even with the screw falling out the guitar!
Wounded Kings were fantastic, I wasn't familiar with them at all but their long groovy doom was just what was needed to top off a great night. Pish turnout though, hope they'll be back to a better crowd next time (if there is a next time!)

Next Gig: Blaze Bayley. Not seen him in a while and the recent setlists are lookin pretty solid!

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Last: Can't remember

Next: Graham Bonnet - Liverpool Academy
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Next: Graham Bonnet - Liverpool Academy

I was going to go to the London date for that on Monday, but a combination of a tube strike and me having a horrendous cold make it seem like too much effort, so I gave it a miss.

Last gig: Sabaton / Korpiklaani / Týr
Next gig: Epica / Dragonforce / Neonfly
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Last gig: Delain/Wolf - Manchester Club Academy
Next gig: Saxon/Hell - Manchester Ritz

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:55 am

euantehclansman wrote:Next Gig: Blaze Bayley. Not seen him in a while and the recent setlists are lookin pretty solid!

Saw him in Swansea a few weeks ago and actually a really enjoyable gig.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:05 pm

Tet wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Next: Graham Bonnet - Liverpool Academy

I was going to go to the London date for that on Monday, but a combination of a tube strike and me having a horrendous cold make it seem like too much effort, so I gave it a miss.

Not a bad gig at all if you like Down To Earth era Rainbow as he virtually played the whole album. :lol:

Next: Saxon/Hell tonight
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Last - Robert Plant, Llandudno: he's got a great band behind him and has an easy rapport with audience - making jokes about playing in Blackpool and changing lyrics to songs so they're about Wales, and I've never heard old blues legends and Wolverhampton Wanderers in the same sentence before. Seems justifiably proud of his new stuff - played a good chunk of it, and re-worked Zep songs and the blues stuff he's been playing since the 60s. Shame about some sections of audience that would have been more suited to the blue-rinse brigade in the next room watching Herman's Hermits, and were more abusive than any of the younger crowd they were sneering at.

Next - MSG next week

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Last: Saxon/Hell

Next: Sabaton/etc

I was supposed to be going to Morbid Angel instead, but got bought a ticket without notice.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:41 am

Last gig - At The Gates/Triptykon in Birmingham
Next gig - Saxon/Hell in Nottingham on Wednesday
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 am

last night - Behemoth - cracking performance as ever. Decapitated - meh, pretty boring for a DM live act. Grand Magus - someone tell them what year this is. Winterfylleth - only caught 10 minutes, but they were great as ever, they're so heavy but really hypnotic as well. After not listening to a whole load of BM in the last few months that mesh of heaviness and hypnoticism blows me away all over again, lol. Shame they opened doors so late or I wouldn't have had to queue for so long.

Next up, unsure. I'd love to see blues pills tonight, but they're support act to a band I've never listened to, and I don't feel like doing a 5th four hour round trip to London in 10 days. Might go to aborted, origin, exhumed and mismal on sunday if I don't do anything else this weekend. If not it will be kreator, marty friedman, and unfortunately arch enemy next thursday