Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:07 pm

ribbons69 wrote:Next Womenowar/Hanowar in Birmingham tomorrow. Possibly not as professional, flashy and certainly not well drilled. But it will be ace.

But probably more professional than Manowar themselves.
Powerslave wrote:Last: Avantasia. absolutely brilliant, didn't even miss Kiske.

It was a bit odd not seeing him there I thought. Same with Amanda Somerville. I'd assumed they'd be staples of Avantasia tours.
bloodfiend wrote:Last - Avantasia on Tuesday night at Forum, just brilliant, slick and perfect, awesome stage show and setlist, and yes the new songs sounded better live, and the very full crowd was well up for it. Loved when Adrienne went from angel voiced soprano to full on thrash metal vocals on Book Of Shadows. Geoff Tate did well in his appearances, Ronnie Adkins always smashes it, and Bob Catley is such a nice old grandad....Jorn Lande seems to have aged by 97 years since last time I saw him though, and I'm not sure Eric Martin is really suited to them, I wish they hadn't played that bloody Maniac track! Still, an awesome gig though.

Adrienne is a great vocalist. I was really surprised when I realized a couple of days before the show that she was on the Avantasia tour. Last year I "discovered" her from watching videos of the Jamming in International Water thing, so checked our her band Seven Spires.
Bob Cately is hilarious. Those hand gestures are all over the place.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:31 am

jwh20 wrote:
bloodfiend wrote: love Belphegor but they were dull as fuck this time

So have really been all their albums since Pestapokalypse. Merely decent at best, dull at worst. And of course their setlists mostly reflect the post-pest material, so never enjoyed them live as much as I could have.

You probably have a point there, I always keep seeing them cos I love albums like Lucifer Incestus and Pestapokalypse, but they concentrate on playing stuff off cack albums like Bondage Goat Zombie and Conjuring The Dead, so I really should stop bothering to see them!

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:34 am

Last: Manowar in Birmingham. Over priced ticket, over priced t-shirt = great gig.

The set was weirdly heavy with Warriors of the world material though, and Joey's speech went very weird, very quick (chatting up 10yo? What the fuck!?... Too much time with logan I guess.) still, I really loved it.

Next: Incineration festival, London.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Last: Manowar in Birmingham last night. Performance: 9/10. Setlist: 1/10. In what universe was it "fan favourites only"? Still, they are my favourite metal band ever and i had goosebumps and shivers down my spine multiple times.
Next: Keep It True, Germany - this one's always a corker.

Jay1993
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:11 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:(chatting up 10yo? What the fuck!?... Too much time with logan I guess.)

Wtf?? :o :?

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Jay1993 wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:(chatting up 10yo? What the fuck!?... Too much time with logan I guess.)

"girls are always getting told they have a nice ass... Form the age of 10..."

Derp.

I think it was just a slip of the tongue, but in the current context its a hell of a fuck up!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:17 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:

"girls are always getting told they have a nice ass... Form the age of 10..."

Derp.

I think it was just a slip of the tongue, but in the current context its a hell of a fuck up!

Slightly worrying! :eyes:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:50 am

Last: Puppy/Green Lung - two young bands who have just released stunning debuts. Both very good live. Green Lung just edges it due to more stage presence because their singer doesn't play an instrument. I would recommend checking Green Lung out at their headline show at the Black Heart Camden in May.

Next: Fleshcrawl - Camden
I see the bad moon arising.

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 am

Last: Midnight + Hellripper + Aggressive Perfector + Heavy Sentence a couple of weeks ago. Brilliant gig and I picked up an awesome long sleeve Hellripper tee for £15. Kinda puts those Manowar prices in to perspective!! Hellripper are my favourite new band (or artist really) at the moment. He seems to be throwing out new records with amazing regularity and it's all really good. Midnight were a blast too. Throwing out one blackened speed-punk smash after another. I was stood in front of Ben Ward who seemed just as impressed as the rabid, stage diving fans in the pit.

Next:
Thursday 02 May 2019
FATHER BEFOULED
Krypts, Encoffination and Jupiterian

Boston Music Room, London, UK

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:19 am

gavdann wrote:Last: Midnight + Hellripper + Aggressive Perfector + Heavy Sentence a couple of weeks ago. Brilliant gig and I picked up an awesome long sleeve Hellripper tee for £15. Kinda puts those Manowar prices in to perspective!! Hellripper are my favourite new band (or artist really) at the moment. He seems to be throwing out new records with amazing regularity and it's all really good. Midnight were a blast too. Throwing out one blackened speed-punk smash after another. I was stood in front of Ben Ward who seemed just as impressed as the rabid, stage diving fans in the pit.

Next:
Thursday 02 May 2019
FATHER BEFOULED
Krypts, Encoffination and Jupiterian

Boston Music Room, London, UK

I was expecting the Encoffination gig to be empty considering I am Morbid, Vital Remains, Sadist and Atrocity are playing on the same day, but Encoffination are my main must see of the year! Everyone has been saying good things about Midnight, but couldn't justify seeing them on this run when I'll see them at Brutal Assault, so getting excited for that.

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:46 am

jwh20 wrote:I was expecting the Encoffination gig to be empty considering I am Morbid, Vital Remains, Sadist and Atrocity are playing on the same day

Must admit I was torn between the two but Morbidfest is twice the price so I've gone with the cheaper option. Hopefully it won't but if it gets cancelled, I know that's a ready made alternative. :rock:

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:35 am

gavdann wrote:
jwh20 wrote:I was expecting the Encoffination gig to be empty considering I am Morbid, Vital Remains, Sadist and Atrocity are playing on the same day

Must admit I was torn between the two but Morbidfest is twice the price so I've gone with the cheaper option. Hopefully it won't but if it gets cancelled, I know that's a ready made alternative. :rock:

I don't think it will be cancelled, different types of death metal fan.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Last gig was Light The Torch at the Islington Academy2 on Friday. There were three support bands (which is too much) and two of them were pretty poor. They wouldn't be out of place on Bloodstock Saturday. The middle of the three bands was better but nothing special. Light The Torch's set was really short at only 45-50 minutes but very good. It was cool to see Howard Jones on stage for the first time since January 2007 when I first saw Killswitch Engage.

Next is Alexisonfire in Alexandra Palace at the start of June.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:05 am

Last: Devin Townsend in Edinburgh. Absolutely brilliant performance and great to hear acoustic versions of some of my favourite tracks. The acoustic reworking of Love by SYL was the highlight. Also great Q&A session and Devin was very honest, humble and not scared to make fun of himself.

Next: Bloodstock (no gigs before then as we have the small matter of a trip to Australia in early July and I am skint).
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

trollhammer666
Lowly Peon

Postby trollhammer666 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Hey guys! Make sure you make it to MORBIDFEST on Wednesday 1st May at Coventry Empire - DEATH METAL BACK IN COVENTRY!!!

MORBIDFEST

I AM MORBID / ATROCITY / VITAL REMAINS / SADIST

Coventry Empire

Wed 1ST May Tickets £22adv from http://bit.ly/morbidfesttickets3

Or pay on the door

Doors 6pm – 11pm – First Band On 6.30pm

14+ show (under 18s must be accompanied by an adult)

Facebook Event https://www.facebook.com/events/790314428013309/

Websites
http://www.facebook.com/IAMMORBIDBand http://www.facebook.com/AtrocityOfficial http://www.facebook.com/vital.remains.official http://www.sadist.it/

MORBIDFEST is kicking off on an EU & UK tour with a blasting lineup consisting of I AM MORBID (USA), ATROCITY (DE), VITAL REMAINS (USA), and SADIST (IT).

All four bands have prepared unique sets for this tour to make it even more special. Opening acts and special guests for the shows to be announced soon. I AM MORBID led by the legendary David Vincent is about to perform material from Morbid Angel’s “Altars of Madness” (1989), “Blessed Are The Sick” (1991), “Covenant” (1993) and “Domination” (1995) albums. This is a great chance for death metal fans to hear the favorite songs live.

The German metallers ATROCITY have prepared a special program comprising the “OKKULT” album released via Napalm Records and all the popular tracks throughout the band’s history.

An exclusive 30th-anniversary set will be performed by the US blasphemers from VITAL REMAINS within the tour.

Finally, progressive death metal veterans SADIST are going to present their recent album “Spellbound” along with old songs included in the set.