Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby houston4044 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:45 pm

gavdann wrote:
Ghost wrote:Just think of all the small metal gigs you could have gone to with that money.

Or half a Metallica gig. :lol:

And knowing your luck it'll be the half with the Load/Reload material and not the 80's classics :lol:

Last Gig: both Slam Dunk dates at the weekend. Very enjoyable and surprised by the amount of metal t-shirts around this year (got to talking with someone in an Armored Saint shirt who wasn't wearing it for hipster reasons :lol: ).

My mates dragged me to see BFMV one of the nights and I can say I really hope they don't play BOA now. The crowd was small (even when it was the only tented stage open during heavy rain) and thinned when they played a few newer songs in a row. If BFMV can't pull a decent crowd at a festival arguably more catered to them (or get much of a reaction unless it was their old stuff) then can't see what benefit there would be to them at BOA.

Next gigs: Came back to find I'm being dragged along to Bring Me The Horizon's All East thing in London and to Camden Rocks on the Sunday; add in the CL final on Saturday my liver is going to take a battering :lol: also need more friends with a better taste in music :lol:

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu May 30, 2019 4:18 pm

Last couple:

Jag Panzer in London, first UK gig and it was pretty decent old school metal, if a little samey (and they only played one song from the two albums I have!). Decent support from Amulet, Aggressive Perfector and Heavy Sentence.

Visigoth, Bewitcher, Eliminator and Ascalon - Great bill, decent opening slots from Ascalon (who I've seen before) and Eliminator (not seen, but work for the same company as one of the guitarists, he told me a few years ago they were finally going to record the songs they had so was happy for him when their first album was released last year). Top two bands were excellent - Visigoth have been a favourite on album for a while so was great to finally see them, Bewitcher were a new one on me, but their 'satanic speed metal' was great fun. What was also notable was the turnout, which for a Tuesday night was far higher that I was expecting.

Next - possible Glen Malock tomorrow, if not Legendary Shack Shakers on Monday
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Thu May 30, 2019 8:26 pm

houston4044 wrote:And knowing your luck it'll be the half with the Load/Reload material and not the 80's classics :lol:

Even worse than that? Lulu in full with a Lou Reed hologram. If they can do it for Ronnie Dio then Lars can do it for Lou.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Last night I saw Alexisonfire at Alexandra Palace. It was a great show and Teenage Black Wizard was very happy. Glad I finally got to see them play a headline show after only having seen them do a set at Reading Festival in 2015.

Next is Symphony X at the Electric Ballroom on D-Day.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:05 am

Last: Possessed - Camden. Gig was only 3 quarters full. Surprising considering how good the new album is. Annoying because they came on half hour late so I spent my time clock watching because I had a train to catch.

Next: Demons and wizards. Islington
I see the bad moon arising.

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:36 am

Ghost wrote:Annoying because they came on half hour late so I spent my time clock watching because I had a train to catch.

Did you miss the end of the gig?

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:40 am

gavdann wrote:
Ghost wrote:Annoying because they came on half hour late so I spent my time clock watching because I had a train to catch.

Did you miss the end of the gig?

I left at 11.20 and they had just started another song. No setlist posted so don't know what I missed. Annoying too because my usual route home had engineering works and replacement busses which is why I couldn't stay.

gavdann

Postby gavdann » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:33 am

Glad I didn't go then as I'd need to leave at 11.00 for the 11.30 last train.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:37 am

gavdann wrote:Glad I didn't go then as I'd need to leave at 11.00 for the 11.30 last train.

Yeah they came on just gone ten.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:38 pm

On Thursday I saw Symphony X at the Electric Ballroom. I'm very happy that I finally got to see them play a proper set after the fairly limply received roll out of 'Underworld' in its entirety on 2016. This setlist was much better and even had 'The Odyssey'. Savage Messiah were an odd support band for a Prog band though as they're pretty generic.

My next gig is Gojira in Birmingham followed by Demons & Wizards the next day in Islington.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Last gig was Wolf back in March I think! I've been on a huge Fields of the Nephilim binge lately so booked my ticket, train, and hotel to see them in Nottingham at the end of the month yesterday. Bit expensive all in all but I haven't got anything else planned until Bloodstock so thought why the hell not! Gonna be meeting up with a couple of Bloodstock friends while I'm there too so it will be worth the trip :)

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Jay1993 wrote:Last gig was Wolf back in March I think! I've been on a huge Fields of the Nephilim binge lately so booked my ticket, train, and hotel to see them in Nottingham at the end of the month yesterday. )

Good man! I'm doing Leeds and Nottingham, hotel for Leeds and thankfully a bus home after Rock City. Then off to London the next day for Demons and Wizards. Worth noting though that Rock City normally have an early curfew on Saturdays so the Neffs may be on as early as eight o'clock.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:24 pm

ribbons69 wrote:
Jay1993 wrote:Last gig was Wolf back in March I think! I've been on a huge Fields of the Nephilim binge lately so booked my ticket, train, and hotel to see them in Nottingham at the end of the month yesterday. )

Good man! I'm doing Leeds and Nottingham, hotel for Leeds and thankfully a bus home after Rock City. Then off to London the next day for Demons and Wizards. Worth noting though that Rock City normally have an early curfew on Saturdays so the Neffs may be on as early as eight o'clock.

Yeah man, I saw doors are at 6:30pm so looks they'll be on early! Feel free to pm me if you're looking for gig buddies, we'll probably be hitting pit and pendulum beforehand :)

eyesore
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby eyesore » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Last: Jag Panzer,
Next: Toto tomorrow.

Jay1993

Postby Jay1993 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:53 pm

eyesore wrote:Last: Jag Panzer,
Next: Toto tomorrow.