Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Last: Skeletal Remains - Camden. Possibly my favorite gig of the year. Such a fun crowd. Supports of blasphemer and zealot cult were great too. Only downside is skeletal remains only played for 40 minutes which is really poor for a headliner. So good job I liked the supports.

Next: Voyager. Can't wait for that. They are a fun band.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Last gig - Bloodstock. Left my view on the festival in the good/bad/ugly thread - had a great weekend as usual (despite the weather), saw some quality performances but the highlights were definitely Powerwolf, Sabaton, Anthrax & Dee Snider. Really don't want to break my 10-year continuous attendance (also went in 05 & 06 in addition to 4 indoor fests) but the announcement for next year really hasn't convinced me yet and the quality is gonna need to greatly improve before I buy a ticket.

Next gig - Prophets of Rage - Manchester

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am

Last Gig - BOA
Next Gig - Devin Townsend, Glasgow
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am

Last - Prophets of Rage in Manchester. Normally wouldn't do a gig this close to Bloodstock and especially one which involves a mid-week trip to Manchester but I missed them when they did festivals a couple of years ago and I've been wanting to see them ever since. Put on a great show and there was a really good lively atmosphere in the crowd - so many RATM, Cypress Hill and Public Enemy classics made for a really fun show.
Overheard some of the security being puzzled as to why everyone suddenly turned up to the venue just before Prophets came on - easy answer mate, it wasn't hard to find the stage times and a when you book a support band nobody has heard of (and 30 secs on Youtube was all you needed to discover how shite they are), then it's hardly a surprise people don't want to stand up for 2 extra hours drinking over-priced cans of Red Stripe.

Next gig - HRH Sleaze @ Sheffield Academy

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 pm

Last - Bloodstock (won't got into it here, that's what the 2019 forum is for, but had a blast despite the weather).

Next - Hardwick Live this weekend, only going for the Saturday this year. Mainly looking forward to Manic Street Preachers, Stiff Little Fingers and The Joy Formidable.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Last gig: Bloodstock. It was good.

Next gig: Power Metal Quest Fest in Birmingham at the end of next month.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Brutal Assault. Talked about in on the Gigs subsection.

Next might be Bong at the Black Heart on the 25th, if can afford a trip to London before payday, then definitely going to see Abduction at the Dev on 5th September.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:52 am

Last - Hardwick Live

Next - Nothing booked til Tim Minchin in November, gonna have to sort that out.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

gavdann
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby gavdann » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:07 am

Last: Ed Sheeran / The Darkness in Ipswich.
Don't ask. Wife, kids, commitments. :lol:

Next: Tomb Mold / Ritual Necromancy / Of Feather and Bone / Slimelord at Nambucca. Can't wait for this one.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:43 am

Last gig - HRH Sleaze III @ Sheffield Academy.

As per usual, picked up one of the cheap £10 tickets for this as was only bothered about seeing 2 bands during the whole weekend. Got there late on Saturday in time for Wrathchild, Crashdiet & Vain. Crashdiet were one of the 2 bands I came to see and they didn't let me down (didn't realise they'd acquired a new singer until he walked on stage!) Excellent, energetic set and judging by the size of the crowd, they really should have headlined. Wratchild were crap and Vain were disappointing - the years have not been kind to ol' Davey.
Got there for the start on Sunday to meet up with some friends and we lasted 2 bands (Sykko Dollz and Trench Dogs, both of whom were shite) before deciding that some food and a couple of local pubs were a better idea. Headed back in for the 2nd band I came to see this weekend - Reckless Love - who once again were very good, despite omitting a couple of crowd favourites from the set list. Olli is a great frontman and the whole thing is cheesier than a dairy farm but bloody good fun nonetheless. None of our group were bothered about Enuff Z'Nuff or Tyla's Dogs D'Amour so we decided to head home early - glad I did as I'm aching a bit today.

Next gig - Therapy? @ Brudenell Social Club in Leeds

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:15 am

gavdann wrote:Last: Ed Sheeran / The Darkness in Ipswich.
Don't ask. Wife, kids, commitments. :lol:

Next: Tomb Mold / Ritual Necromancy / Of Feather and Bone / Slimelord at Nambucca. Can't wait for this one.

The fact that Tomb Mold sold out makes me feel less bad about not being able to afford to go. Kind of.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:12 am

Last: Geoff Tate in Bilston. Was a good set of early Queensryche stuff, although it ironically suffered in the same way as Queensryche's Bloodstock set did with some unusual choices to open the set (Neue Regel and Screaming in Digital on this case). The only real downsides were the rather half arsed arrangement of The Lady Wore Black that he seems to favour and the fact that the vocal lines in Take Hold of the Flame were so heavily changed that you wonder why he even bothers playing it.

Next: Volbeat and Baroness in Birmingham, which is a bit of a shame as I think both of their new albums are rubbish..

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 am

Last: Warhorns.

Next: HRH CROWS Country Rock thing

From one extreme to the other. :lol:

I was mainly going for Molly Hatchet, but they pulled out. Still enough to make it worthwhile.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Last: Warhorns.

Next: HRH CROWS Country Rock thing

From one extreme to the other. :lol:

I was mainly going for Molly Hatchet, but they pulled out. Still enough to make it worthwhile.

Not quite enough for me, as the two bands I really want to see (Jason and The Scorchers, Kentucky Headhunters) are at Buckley Tiv on Tuesday with Dan Baird, who been great whenever I've seen them. Same last year, both headliners played locally and can see a lot of the other bands fairly easily.

Next - Charity gig for CALM tomorrow as a tribute to a local promoter who dies earlier in the year, with some of his favourite bands and bands he'd been friends with since school - Church of the Cosmic Skull, Pist, Barbarian Hermit etc.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:56 pm

Last gig: Brutal Assault

Next Gig: BrucexCampbell tonight in Newcastle.