Page 103 of 106

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:50 am
by bloodofthekings
Last gig: Alter Bridge last night in Nottingham.
Unfortunately Sevendust pulled out due to illness so rather than see the shitty Raven Age, we decided to spend longer in the pub and eventually made it in for the last few Shinedown songs. Singer still has the annoying, contrived stage chatter so glad we didn't have to sit through that for an hour.
Alter Bridge were very good but definitely a band I need to sit down for these days. Full arena though which was encouraging for a band that don't receive any major press from the mainstream music press. If Download adopt a policy of one "smaller" headliner together with two classic bands, then AB could well be the best choice.

Next gig - Clutch @ Leeds Academy. Final gig of 2019!

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:29 am
by slayerslays
Last: Desecration, Cumbeast, Bloodthread on Saturday
Next: At the Gates, Nifelheim... on Thursday

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 pm
by Jay1993
Last was British Lion, Voodoo Six, and Nine Miles Down at Norwich Waterfront. Decent night; support bands were good and cool to see Steve Harris in a small venue playing with as much energy and enthusiasm as he does in massive stadiums!

Next should be Insomnium/Conjurer next month.

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:36 pm
by Ghost
slayerslays wrote: Cumbeast


:lol:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:41 pm
by slayerslays
Ghost wrote:
slayerslays wrote: Cumbeast


:lol:


You may laugh- they are an excellent Death metal band from Finland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6PMzcLXXo
I wonder how many t-shirts they sell?

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:01 am
by houston4044
slayerslays wrote:
Ghost wrote:
slayerslays wrote: Cumbeast


:lol:


You may laugh- they are an excellent Death metal band from Finland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6PMzcLXXo
I wonder how many t-shirts they sell?


I hear they're making quite a splash....

Been busy with tons of gigs the last few weeks, been a great way to sign the year off :D

Last Gig- M.O.D. at New Cross Inn
Last gig of the year and ended on a high. Great sound throughout and both supports were great. First time seeing M.O.D. and wow, the band and Billy were on form :D
Got to met Milano afterwards and for all the rep, he's a fun guy to hang with.

Next gig- Slipknot London
Hopefully start 2020 on a high

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:03 am
by Bizza
Last - Cavaleras in Newcastle on Saturday, too young to have seen classic Sepultura back in the day so seeing Max and Igor blasting out the classics is probably about as close as I'll ever get. Great night :yes:

Next - No idea, Warhorns Winter Fest possibly.

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:19 am
by Ghost
houston4044 wrote:
Last Gig- M.O.D. at New Cross Inn
Last gig of the year and ended on a high. Great sound throughout and both supports were great. First time seeing M.O.D. and wow, the band and Billy were on form :D
Got to met Milano afterwards and for all the rep, he's a fun guy to hang with.



Who were the supports in the end? I'd have gone if it wasn't down in New Cross.

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:10 pm
by houston4044
Ghost wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Last Gig- M.O.D. at New Cross Inn
Last gig of the year and ended on a high. Great sound throughout and both supports were great. First time seeing M.O.D. and wow, the band and Billy were on form :D
Got to met Milano afterwards and for all the rep, he's a fun guy to hang with.



Who were the supports in the end? I'd have gone if it wasn't down in New Cross.


Road Mutant and Corpsing. Know what you mean, it's a decent venue and actually reasonably priced but a right pain to get there.

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 pm
by metalheadmachinist
Last Gig: Ghost in Cardiff, first time seeing them and it was brilliant

Next Gig: Nekrogoblikon in Leeds, well excited to see them!

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:07 am
by bloodofthekings
Last gig - Clutch @ Leeds Academy

Final gig of 2019 and a nice end to the year - Clutch got the balance right between the high-tempo rock songs and the more bluesy tracks and thankfully didn't descend into any long, self-indulgent jamming. I knew they had a habit for changing setlists from night to night so disappointed we didn't get 'Mob Goes Wild' but hearing them play 'Shogun Named Marcus' from their first album was a nice surprise. And that cover of 'Fortunate Son' is cracking.

Next gig - all starts again in January with Slipknot in Manchester

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:46 am
by someone else
bloodofthekings wrote:Last gig - Clutch @ Leeds Academy

Final gig of 2019 and a nice end to the year - Clutch got the balance right between the high-tempo rock songs and the more bluesy tracks and thankfully didn't descend into any long, self-indulgent jamming. I knew they had a habit for changing setlists from night to night so disappointed we didn't get 'Mob Goes Wild' but hearing them play 'Shogun Named Marcus' from their first album was a nice surprise. And that cover of 'Fortunate Son' is cracking.

Next gig - all starts again in January with Slipknot in Manchester


They weren't playing in Manchester, so should have gone to Leeds but didn't, then find they played Subtle Hustle :( I think an alternate member picks a setlist each night

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:08 am
by someone else
Last of the year - Thunder's Xmas gig, Manchester.


First time seeing them in years as the last time, opening for Leppard/Whitesnake, they let their underlying naff-ness bubble over and were far too cheesy. They were far better last night, a great night, but Danny's 'end-of-the-pier' style undermined their version of Stormbringer and Gimme Shelter, on much safer ground with Neil Diamond and Queen.

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:42 pm
by gavdann
Last: Orange Goblin Christmas show at the Electric Ballroom
Due to the early start/early finish for a club night bollocks I missed Naut but arrived just in time for Hellripper. What can I say that I haven't already about this great young band. Simply awesome. They played at least one new song which sounded great. Excited to hear what the second album sounds like.
I had very little expectations of Discharge as they're not a band I've really listened to before but they were great. Not really crossover but they play an awesome mix of hardcore, punk and thrash.
Orange Goblin were good, tight, professional but to be honest I got a bit bored of them halfway through.
All finished by 10, went for a Five Guys and was at the station in plenty of time for my train home.

Next: (At the moment) Fontaines DC again in Norwich but that's not until end of Feb.

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:51 pm
by Black Wizard
My last two gigs were British Lion in Islington on Friday and Alter Bridge at the O2 Arena last night. Both were good gigs. The support for British Lion were pretty decent and the main act themselves are much better live than in the studio. I got one of Steve Harris' wristbands after years of trying to get some Iron Maiden stuff and apparently Bruce Dickinson was at the show too! Alter Bridge were good last night and it was nice watching from a seat. I skipped The Raven Age and found Shinedown decent but the singer wastes too much time blethering between songs.

Next is Delain in Bristol in February.