Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Buggrit Hall
Consort of the Beast

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Buggrit Hall » Wed May 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Anthrax/Motorhead - Hellfest.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby i0th » Thu May 23, 2013 11:24 am

Last: Journey Whitesnake Thuner in Newcastle last night. Thunder stole the show, shame they were on first!

Next: Nothing lined up now before Bloodstock!
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun May 26, 2013 1:58 pm

English Dogs last night. Next up really depends on my finances. I'd like to hit Cancer Bats, Steve Earle and Red Fang which are all upcoming, but will probably have to save for Hellfest instead.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

UtopianBlaster7
Denim Demon

Postby UtopianBlaster7 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:English Dogs last night.

How was it?
Wise Guy

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun May 26, 2013 5:19 pm

I went to the Plymouth 'Volkfest' last night as it's in my home city. Nothing remotely metal but headliners Levellers put on an absolute barnstorming performance, had a great time. Hazel O'Connor was there as well as a load of local bands and comedians.

Next up...Scott Ian tomorrow night. Nothing else planned then until Bloodstock for definite.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:16 pm

Swedish Death Metallers Insision at my local cover band club on thursday night,three quid on the door,they plaayed a blinder to about twenty people,including the support band,initially I was embarressed for them,until I spoke to the singer after the gig and he said that only two people paid to get in to their Birmingham gig a couple of nights before! Home of Metal my arse.

Next gig - Bonfire at Rock City.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon May 27, 2013 1:11 am

ribbons69 wrote:Swedish Death Metallers Insision at my local cover band club on thursday night,three quid on the door,they plaayed a blinder to about twenty people,including the support band,initially I was embarressed for them,until I spoke to the singer after the gig and he said that only two people paid to get in to their Birmingham gig a couple of nights before! Home of Metal my arse.

I think it was 12 payers in Dublin and Belfast was cancelled due to "poor sales." In fairness though they are definitely more of a "ach I'll go to it if I have money on the night and nothing else to do" sort of band than a "fuck Insision are coming to town! Best get my ticket!" sort of band. Same weekend as Suffocation in Dublin too- even when they decided to do a price drop to Suffo with an Insision ticket that was still retarded booking one night after the other in this sort of financial climate.

UtopianBlaster7 wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:English Dogs last night.

How was it?

Was great. I got in free to review it and got Panayotou as a plus one. Supports were good even though Mohican Jack got a bollocking from Wakey for leaving after their set. Divisions were class and Fubar threw out a good few covers- "Holday In Cambodia" was good singalong moment. English Dogs themselves slayed though. Wakey Wakefield is a proper character- the stage in The Elms is basically the corner around the DJ booth so he was taking all the flier for the QFT and stuff and chucking them at us and throwing (literally throwing at people stood 10 feet away) beers to us. Introduced one of the song by talking about his wife's big hairy bush and then asked Sharam (who he called "AC/DC") if his pubes were as wild as his hair. Me and Sharam and a few other lads spent the last few songs on stage with them as well- great night all in all. Shame about the low turnout but that was mostly the clash with NoMeansNo and whatever was in in The Warzone. Hope to see a lot more gigs in The Elms now.

How was R&B night at McCrackens? I got some funny sectarian texts of Carl in the wee hours (and one that said "I love you") so I take youse were crawling into the taxi after?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Mon May 27, 2013 10:09 am

ribbons69 wrote:Swedish Death Metallers Insision at my local cover band club on thursday night,three quid on the door,they plaayed a blinder to about twenty people,including the support band,initially I was embarressed for them,until I spoke to the singer after the gig and he said that only two people paid to get in to their Birmingham gig a couple of nights before! Home of Metal my arse.
To be fair it must've been ridiculously badly promoted. Not that I'm a fan of the band but they played Bradford and I had no idea until I googled them just now.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:11 am

My last gig was Scar Symmetry at Cardiff, in this tiny little bar called Bogiez. A quality gig and well worth the three hour journey. Nice that they took time out after to have their photo taken with me and to have a chat about starting a band, something I've just managed to achieve! :P

My next gig looks most likely to be Bloodstock, what with term time being a real pain in this new job of mine! Although I'd love to take some time and go and see Soilwork on their US tour but the money and travelling doesn't seem worth it. Maybe I'll wait until they inevitably play a one off UK show in some tiny club in the middle of nowhere! :lol:

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

UtopianBlaster7
Denim Demon

Postby UtopianBlaster7 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:[
Was great. I got in free to review it and got Panayotou as a plus one. Supports were good even though Mohican Jack got a bollocking from Wakey for leaving after their set. Divisions were class and Fubar threw out a good few covers- "Holday In Cambodia" was good singalong moment. English Dogs themselves slayed though. Wakey Wakefield is a proper character- the stage in The Elms is basically the corner around the DJ booth so he was taking all the flier for the QFT and stuff and chucking them at us and throwing (literally throwing at people stood 10 feet away) beers to us. Introduced one of the song by talking about his wife's big hairy bush and then asked Sharam (who he called "AC/DC") if his pubes were as wild as his hair. Me and Sharam and a few other lads spent the last few songs on stage with them as well- great night all in all. Shame about the low turnout but that was mostly the clash with NoMeansNo and whatever was in in The Warzone. Hope to see a lot more gigs in The Elms now.

How was R&B night at McCrackens? I got some funny sectarian texts of Carl in the wee hours (and one that said "I love you") so I take youse were crawling into the taxi after?

Fucksake, gutted I missed it. Nah I wasn't out with them on Saturday, skint and need to save for Hellfest. Heard they were in a right state though lol
Wise Guy

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Illwish wrote:
To be fair it must've been ridiculously badly promoted. Not that I'm a fan of the band but they played Bradford and I had no idea until I googled them just now.

Shockingly promoted I would say,I only heard they were playing my local a week before when a mate told me. I'd seen their name on the venue's website but seeing as it's a covers rock bar that normally has Bon Jovi and AC/DC tribute bands I never realised it was the "real Insision" They also played Rock City the night before,and that's less than fifteen miles from the venue I saw them at!
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 pm

It's all change for me. It looks like my next gig is Saturday night, with a local band called "Perdisian" playing a gig in a bar. I'll likely follow that up with copious amounts of alcohol! :P

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 pm

gandalf the red wrote:Next gig should be Old Corpse Road and some shit band with no fans in Manchester. :P

Bring Me The Horizon are on tour are they?

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
kaosweaver20 wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:Next gig should be Old Corpse Road and some shit band with no fans in Manchester. :P

Bring Me The Horizon are on tour are they?

Nah, one of the bands that has a member on here. :lol:

Bit of an in joke.

Do they tour around the country? If they've played down this way, I've likely seen them.
An awful lot of shit bands do tend to play down this way so I simply put two and two together! :B

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:03 am

gandalf the red wrote:
I believe this is their first proper tour and they're playing Bristol on Saturday.

Well, I suppose SOMEBODY has to go to that place. :lol: Sadly, I'm at another gig in Yeovil on Saturday night, followed by getting stupidly drunk, so I won't be able to attend. It's a real shame, I love the 'local band' scene, even if they're not that local. They're normally artists who are in it for the right reasons.