The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Glassface
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Glassface » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Me
Image
Me in ma band
Image
Name: Mez
Nicknames: Mezley Snipes , Mezington Bear , Mezforth , Snipes and many more.
Age: 20
Lives: Preston
Favourite Bands: Katatonia , Dimmu Borgir , Despised Icon , Misericordiam , Meshuggah , Gojira , Black Dahlia Murder , Abigail Williams , Alcest , Acacia Strain , Opeth , Beneath the Massacre , Origin, Borknagar , Skinless , Anaal Nathrakh , Ion Dissonance , Circle of Dead Children and stacks and stacks more!
Least Favourite Things: Indie ,Hair Metal , Poser Metal , bad sound at gigs , bad gigs.
First bloodstock: Outdoor 05
Last gig: Bloodstock 08
Next gig: no idea

User avatar
Gavotron
Definitely Not Nu
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: SUFFARK

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Gavotron » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 pm

NickBlake wrote::( Just checked, and it seems the website I found it on hadn't updated the site for about a year. It didn't have the year on or anything. I was wrong. Gutted.


Man, that's shit. I'd have loved to have seen Sunn O))).
PORCUPINE TREE for '10
CYNIC for '10
DETHKLOK for '10

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10591
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Noodle » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:37 pm

I did have one of these, but it's outdated.

Image

Name: Will
Nick: Noodle. Dave. Wiiiiiiiyal. That long haired dude. Gay.
Age : 19
Lives: Home, somewhere in notts
Favourite things: Music. The internet. Being able to hold a conversation with someone. It happens rarely. People with long hair. Throwing mine around.
Least favourite things: Trying to understand people. Deathcore (with a passion). Arrogance. How slow my mind can work sometimes
First bloodstock attended - 2007
Last Gig - Feeder at Rock City
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 9998
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:23 pm

New one :D


Image

Name: Gary Hocking
Nicknames: Gaz, Gazzay baby, Mam.
Age: 18
Lives: Newton Aycliffe (Home) Huddersfield (Uni)
Favourite Bands: Carcass, Moonsorrow, Emperor, Wintersun, Kalmah, Scar Symmetry, Nightwish, Epica, Dark Tranquillity.
Least Favourite Things: Mornings.
First bloodstock: 07
Last gig: Grieve last Night, Bloodstock 08
Next gig: Damnation Fest tomorrow, Power Quest on the 2nd of Dec, Korpiklaani on the 5th!
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1844
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:43 pm
Location: Weston-super-Nightmare
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Metal_Moses » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:58 am

Just to rub this in :D

Image
Me and Paul from Cynic

Image
Me and Mendez from Opeth (HES MY FUCKING IDOL)

Image
Me and Mike from Opeth (MOST TALENTED MAN ON THIS PLANET)


yes im fully aware i look like a dick, but considering i was full on shaking i think i did a good job hahaha meeting my 2 Idols and meeting the fucking God that is Paul too :D it dosent matter hahaha
:flame:
How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

User avatar
psychoticgibbon
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Lewes, Sussex
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby psychoticgibbon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:14 am

Image
Name: Tom
Nicknames: anything that gets shouted at me...
Age: 23
Lives: Burgess Hill. West Sussex (Just up from Brighton)
Favourite Bands: Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Nightwish, Down, Trivium (sorry lol) Eluveitie, Turisas
Least Favourite Things: Emo, working the 9-5
First bloodstock: This year! 2008
Last gig: Slayer, Trivium, Amon Amarth Mastadon - Hammersmith
Next gig: Airbourne & Stone Gods - Astoria

Oh just to add to the photos with band members...
Image
Me and Marc Rizzo of Soulfly after their set at BOA... at least we both did a serious pose :|
Last edited by psychoticgibbon on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With the power of ale BOA cannot fail!

I've been to Hastings, I've been to Brighton... I've been to Eastbourne too...

andeh
Denim Demon
Posts: 3096
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby andeh » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Metal_Moses wrote:Just to rub this in :D

Image
Me and Paul from Cynic

Image
Me and Mendez from Opeth (HES MY FUCKING IDOL)

Image
Me and Mike from Opeth (MOST TALENTED MAN ON THIS PLANET)


yes im fully aware i look like a dick, but considering i was full on shaking i think i did a good job hahaha meeting my 2 Idols and meeting the fucking God that is Paul too :D it dosent matter hahaha
:flame:


Bastarrrrrrrd! Ah well serves me right for not going I suppose :( Martin Mendez is a legend, my favourite bassist, evar

User avatar
Metalviking
Lowly Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Metalviking » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Waacken!
Image
(Im the one of the left)
Hey all
Maybe some of you recognise this name from the Wacken forums, yes its the same person
Anyway
Name: Chris
Nickname: Calder
Age: 17
Lives: Near London
Favorite Bands: Ensiferum, Iron Maiden, Wintersun, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Kreator, Sonata Arctica, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Hammerfall, Turisas
Least Favorite Things: Work, Unhappyness
First Bloodstock: Havnt been
Last Gig: Dragonforce and Turisas
Next Gig: Finnish Fire: Korpiklaani + others

User avatar
wintermourn
Denim Demon
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am
Location: Coleraine - Northern Ireland

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby wintermourn » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Metal_Moses wrote:yes im fully aware i look like a dick, but considering i was full on shaking i think i did a good job hahaha meeting my 2 Idols and meeting the fucking God that is Paul too :D it dosent matter hahaha
:flame:



haha awwww how cute , shakin when u meet famous people :P :lol:
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

User avatar
LunarSanctum
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1963
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Derry/ Reading

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby LunarSanctum » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:26 am

Kylan_Paassa wrote:New one :D


Image

Name: Gary Hocking
Nicknames: Gaz, Gazzay baby, Mam.
Age: 18
Lives: Newton Aycliffe (Home) Huddersfield (Uni)
Favourite Bands: Carcass, Moonsorrow, Emperor, Wintersun, Kalmah, Scar Symmetry, Nightwish, Epica, Dark Tranquillity.
Least Favourite Things: Mornings.
First bloodstock: 07
Last gig: Grieve last Night, Bloodstock 08
Next gig: Damnation Fest tomorrow, Power Quest on the 2nd of Dec, Korpiklaani on the 5th!


Is that D-Bar? :o

Has someone actually been bothered to paint it? The walls aren't Vomit Green anymore .......:lol:

Also: BOA'08, Damnation, Power Quest 2nd Dec, Korpiklaani 5th Dec..............have you been bloody well stalking me? :eyes:
Image

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 9998
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:43 pm

LunarSanctum wrote:
Kylan_Paassa wrote:New one :D


Image

Name: Gary Hocking
Nicknames: Gaz, Gazzay baby, Mam.
Age: 18
Lives: Newton Aycliffe (Home) Huddersfield (Uni)
Favourite Bands: Carcass, Moonsorrow, Emperor, Wintersun, Kalmah, Scar Symmetry, Nightwish, Epica, Dark Tranquillity.
Least Favourite Things: Mornings.
First bloodstock: 07
Last gig: Grieve last Night, Bloodstock 08
Next gig: Damnation Fest tomorrow, Power Quest on the 2nd of Dec, Korpiklaani on the 5th!


Is that D-Bar? :o

Has someone actually been bothered to paint it? The walls aren't Vomit Green anymore .......:lol:

Also: BOA'08, Damnation, Power Quest 2nd Dec, Korpiklaani 5th Dec..............have you been bloody well stalking me? :eyes:


Yeh thats D-Bar :lol: :lol:
And not that im aware of... :eyes:
Possibly? ;)
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
LunarSanctum
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1963
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Derry/ Reading

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby LunarSanctum » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 pm

I bloody knew it! :eyes:

To be fair you must hide pretty well around town because if i saw someone with an Emperor or MoonSorrow t-shirt on i would be straight over there :D

People who like good music in this town are few and far between. Apart from Draugen on these forums (Dave) who owns the Subway on Wakefield Road. Subway Dave is a legend :D

There is nowhere for us lot to go. Camel Club on a Friday? :lol:

Rock of Ages seems the only decent night out and that's in Leeds. Quite happy dancing around to Manowar, Eluveitie, Carcass, Edguy and Nile all night long, unless you know of anywhere better?
Image

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 9998
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:33 pm

LunarSanctum wrote:I bloody knew it! :eyes:

To be fair you must hide pretty well around town because if i saw someone with an Emperor or MoonSorrow t-shirt on i would be straight over there :D

People who like good music in this town are few and far between. Apart from Draugen on these forums (Dave) who owns the Subway on Wakefield Road. Subway Dave is a legend :D

There is nowhere for us lot to go. Camel Club on a Friday? :lol:

Rock of Ages seems the only decent night out and that's in Leeds. Quite happy dancing around to Manowar, Eluveitie, Carcass, Edguy and Nile all night long, unless you know of anywhere better?

Been to the parish once, and not into camel on a friday yet! apparently the best you get in there is Bleeding Through :eyes:
Im around town a fair bit and wear band shirts 90% of the time so thats quite suprising tbh :lol:
Never met subway dave :D
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
HollyTheHeadbanger
Denim Demon
Posts: 4983
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:49 pm
Location: Glorious Lancashire.
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby HollyTheHeadbanger » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:44 pm

LunarSanctum wrote:People who like good music in this town are few and far between.


Woe betide you come to Manchester.

User avatar
dobbsey
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 798
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:48 pm
Location: bootle, liverpool
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby dobbsey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:33 pm

HollyTheHeadbanger wrote:
LunarSanctum wrote:People who like good music in this town are few and far between.


Woe betide you come to Manchester.


tis even harder to find people in liverpool with a music taste anymore
Image