The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 am

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby MikeA » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:55 am

eyesore wrote:
MikeA wrote: , Obscene extreme festival.

is that where the pic was taken? i went there 8 years ago and i remember rows of benches just like in this pic.


It is aye, last years i believe. Theyve actually moved it now though which is sad.

User avatar
i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby i_am_a_viking » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:15 pm

MikeA wrote:Image

Name: Michael
Nick: Mike
Age : 23
Lives: Leeds
Favourite things: My girl. Slam death metal. Gigs. Wrestling. Xbox. Booze.
Least favourite things: Knob ends. Not being able to go to/buy things due to work or money.
First bloodstock attended: Bloodstock Indoor 2003
Last Gig: Putrid pile, Cerbral Bore, Introrectalgestation, Nuroma, Foetal Juice, Visceral deity and Blastized at satans hollow, manchester.
Next Gig: Unless theres something Ive forgotten, Obscene extreme festival.


I've seen you before!
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Image

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 am

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby MikeA » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:51 pm

Well thats worrying!

User avatar
Epic_Kirsty
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:44 am
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Epic_Kirsty » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:12 pm

Too much Steel Panther...
Image

Name: Kirsty
Nick: Epic
Age : 19
Lives: Glasgow
Favourite things: Touring, Gaming, Music (I literally like everything from Power Metal to 90's Rave)
Least favourite things: Spotify Adverts, Homophobia, Arrogance, Distance...
First bloodstock attended: 2007.
Last Gig: Errr...it's been quiet! Last big gig was Firewind in Manchester.
Next Gig: Buckcherry apparently. Failing that BOA.





EDIT: PS - I've seen him too!!! Although I'm pretty sure it was in some sort of animal print... =/ And on MySpace :P
"Don't worry, I've done this before, it will hurt like hell and leave you sore".

User avatar
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon
Posts: 8157
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:21 pm
Location: York, baby

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Twaddlefish » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Now then, our Kirsty. Been a while. :P
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.



Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 am

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby MikeA » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:49 am

Epic_Kirsty wrote:


EDIT: PS - I've seen him too!!! Although I'm pretty sure it was in some sort of animal print... =/ And on MySpace :P


If you mean me, you havent. Ive never worn any animal print!

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Moonburp » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:14 am

Epic_Kirsty wrote:Too much Steel Panther...
Image

Name: Kirsty
Nick: Epic
Age : 19
Lives: Glasgow
Favourite things: Touring, Gaming, Music (I literally like everything from Power Metal to 90's Rave)
Least favourite things: Spotify Adverts, Homophobia, Arrogance, Distance...
First bloodstock attended: 2007.
Last Gig: Errr...it's been quiet! Last big gig was Firewind in Manchester.
Next Gig: Buckcherry apparently. Failing that BOA.





EDIT: PS - I've seen him too!!! Although I'm pretty sure it was in some sort of animal print... =/ And on MySpace :P

Is that a premonition necklace?

User avatar
Shagger
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Shagger » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:01 am

About time I bothered to do this;

I'm a triplet with one of my brothers looking like me. He's also into metal. Hear is us at BOA last year;

I'm on the right.... I think

Image

Quite a cool photo I'd like to share. Hear is him with Sabaton frontman Joakim Brodén. I'm taking the shot;
Image

Sorry about the image sizes, they were shot with a phone.
Image

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 10022
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:23 pm

MikeA wrote:Image

Name: Michael
Nick: Mike
Age : 23
Lives: Leeds
Favourite things: My girl. Slam death metal. Gigs. Wrestling. Xbox. Booze.
Least favourite things: Knob ends. Not being able to go to/buy things due to work or money.
First bloodstock attended: Bloodstock Indoor 2003
Last Gig: Putrid pile, Cerbral Bore, Introrectalgestation, Nuroma, Foetal Juice, Visceral deity and Blastized at satans hollow, manchester.
Next Gig: Unless theres something Ive forgotten, Obscene extreme festival.

Youre thingy person who i blabbed something to at the aborted gig about always getting abused and then summit about goregrind :lol:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
NeglectedField
Denim Demon
Posts: 7999
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Bristol (non-native)

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Yeah I recognise MikeA from the broad Leeds metal scene. We used to live round the corner in 1st year when I was in Montague Burton halls, but I never said owt.

I guess you must know Neil Butler and all that?

MikeA
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 am

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby MikeA » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:39 pm

NeglectedField wrote:Yeah I recognise MikeA from the broad Leeds metal scene. We used to live round the corner in 1st year when I was in Montague Burton halls, but I never said owt.

I guess you must know Neil Butler and all that?


i do yes. Was chattign with him last night. Wheres the halls? What year was that?

User avatar
NeglectedField
Denim Demon
Posts: 7999
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:08 pm
Location: Bristol (non-native)

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:53 pm

MikeA wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:Yeah I recognise MikeA from the broad Leeds metal scene. We used to live round the corner in 1st year when I was in Montague Burton halls, but I never said owt.

I guess you must know Neil Butler and all that?


i do yes. Was chattign with him last night. Wheres the halls? What year was that?


Oh this was 2005-2006 academic year in Woodhouse area on Devon Road. You must have lived a wee bit up the road on one of the Winfields or something. I was a general Leeds ROA/Devastator regular (or semi-regular) since then until I moved back to my hometown last xmas.

User avatar
NightEyes
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:14 am
Location: Rossendale, Lancashire

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby NightEyes » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Image
From Wacken last year. I am looking rather sunburnt and my un-photogenic is hidden. :eyes:

Name: Richard
Nick: Player
Age : 22
Lives: Rossendale. Lancashire
Favourite things: Music, books, Ice Hockey and Manga.
Least favourite things: Gloating, Vests, power metal, TV.
First bloodstock attended - 2008
Last Gig - Prong in Manchester
Next gig - BloodStock 2009
Image

User avatar
gelder
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby gelder » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:47 pm

:lol: Everyone seemsw to know you on here Mike!
Image

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

powermetalfan130793
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby powermetalfan130793 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Name: Ben Savage
Nick: I don't have one
Age : 15 (16 in a couple of days)
Lives: Derbyshire
Favorite things: Lots of different music mainly metal, Guitars, Basses, Films
Least favorite things: People who are more concerned with looking metal than the music
First bloodstock attended - This year will be my first
Last Gig - Metallica/Machinehead/The Sword

Rah rah ah-ah-ah!
Ro mah ro-mah-mah
Gaga Ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance