The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
LofWales
Lowly Peon

Re: The 'Who we are photo thread' part 2

Postby LofWales » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Name: Leighton
Lives: South Wales
Favourite things: Metal, travelling, football, beer, pizza, metalettes...
Favourite Bands: Epica, Nightwish, Amorphis, Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Trivium, Pink Floyd, Within Temptation, Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, Opeth...
Least favourite things: Indie-rock, chart music, early morning starts, chavs
First bloodstock attended - 2009... hopefully!
Last Gig - Dames of Darkness festival, Birmingham
Next gig - Slipknot/Children of Bodom/Machine Head in Cardiff

I'm new here, so i figured this is the best thread to start with. Hoping to make my debut appearance at BOA next year! :)

~MaVERiCK~
Powermetal Child

Postby ~MaVERiCK~ » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 pm

meh. Here we go then ><

Name: Jennifer
Nickname: Jeni; Jen; the big scary goff; Mav.
Lives: in reality, wee place near Glasgow, Scotland; but I prefer to say The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls
Favourite things: Metal, horse riding, mates, being with my boyfriend (doesn't happen much...he lives near London and I only met him BOA 08 so yeah...), selected piercings (ear lobes, cartlidge, tragus, rook, industrial, lip once at side! - got ear lobes x2 and an industrial and hopefully getting most of the rest of these over the next year or so), my phone and my MP3 player =)
Favourite Bands: Katatonia, D'espairsRay, Emilie Autumn, Nightwish, Dir en Grey, Sonata Arctica, Novembre, Elis, Dream Theater, The GazettE, X Japan, Flyleaf, Disturbed, After Forever, Nightwish, Opeth, more...
Least favourite things: neds (chavs, dammit!), closed-minded people, posers, scene kids, people attending Bloodstock for metalhead cock, not having money, breaking my earphones (happens a lot =( ), rain! and the buses down my stop. They are so unreliable it's not funny!
First bloodstock attended - Indoor 2005, at age 13! =D
Last Gig - em...Disturbed, Glasgow Carling Academy, 7th Oct (day before my birthday =D )
Next gig - Sabaton, 4th November, Glasgow, Ivory Blaks (supported y local band Concept of Time who played the unsigned stage at BOA 08 and rocked the hell out of you!)

so um yeah. That's me...basically. I am a bit kinda crazy at times but you'll get used to it and half the time my comments can be very in your face but I'll try hold back. I am nice, but please do not attempt to patronise me or insult my intelligence; I may have only recently turned 17 but that does not by any means mean that I am stupid so, be warned =^_^=
Urg that sounds pure bitchy =( I'm not really that nasty, k, I'm just fed up of people everywhere in the metal community treating me like something they stepped in so I started fighting back. I can get on with anyone and everyone who is prepared to let me be myself!

a_p
Leather Rebel

Postby a_p » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:36 pm

~MaVERiCK~ wrote:
Nabeing with my boyfriend (doesn't happen much...he lives near London and I only met him BOA 08 so yeah...), s

thats well nice :)

~MaVERiCK~ wrote:Least favourite things: people attending Bloodstock for metalhead cock,

who are these people?... and where can i get their numbers? lol jk*
You may not like it now
But this is how the story ends

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:44 pm

a_p wrote:
~MaVERiCK~ wrote:
Nabeing with my boyfriend (doesn't happen much...he lives near London and I only met him BOA 08 so yeah...), s

It's gotta suck though, my ex was from Glasgow and Blackpool-Glasgow was tough.
Jesus, thats gotta be like a 9 hour train journey, right?
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."

~MaVERiCK~
Powermetal Child

Postby ~MaVERiCK~ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Luke- wrote:
a_p wrote:
~MaVERiCK~ wrote:

It's gotta suck though, my ex was from Glasgow and Blackpool-Glasgow was tough.
Jesus, thats gotta be like a 9 hour train journey, right?

Just a wee bit, but we're making it work! MSN all the time, apart from when we're at school/college or work...or i he's out climbig and I'm horse riding but every available moment is spent online...and he phones me every morning. Hopefully going down over New Year then he'll be coming up here when he gets his half term in February. And he's considering moving up here next year...meh.

9I think it's only a 7 hour train journey...bus is closer to 9 hours. Going to fly down though XD might cost a bit more than the bus, not sure about the train, but it gets me there in a couple of hours. Nae bother =)

colony
Leather Rebel

Postby colony » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:49 pm

~MaVERiCK~ wrote:
Just a wee bit, but we're making it work! MSN all the time, apart from when we're at school/college or work...or i he's out climbig and I'm horse riding but every available moment is spent online...and he phones me every morning. Hopefully going down over New Year then he'll be coming up here when he gets his half term in February. And he's considering moving up here next year...meh.

9I think it's only a 7 hour train journey...bus is closer to 9 hours. Going to fly down though XD might cost a bit more than the bus, not sure about the train, but it gets me there in a couple of hours. Nae bother =)

for some reason, it really makes me smile when long term relationships work out.

FUCKING RULE

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 pm

colony wrote:for some reason, it really makes me smile when long term relationships work out.

It makes me even more bitter :P.

Jakkake
Leather Rebel

Postby Jakkake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:03 pm

colony wrote:
~MaVERiCK~ wrote:

for some reason, it really makes me smile when long term relationships work out.

Yes colony. Yes!

ANATHEMA FOR BLOODSTOCK 09

NickBlake
Warrior of Metal

Postby NickBlake » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 am

Name: The answer's to the left
Nicknames: Blake, Neil, Cousin Itt
Lives: Bristol
Favourite Bands: David Bowie, Radiohead, R.E.M., The Smiths, Black Sabbath, Electric Wizard, Sleep, early Pink Floyd
Least Favourite Things: Getting out of bed, Hair straighteners, Alexander Pope, EM Forster, Dress codes, Shaving, Being one of the few people I know who likes hip-hop.
First bloodstock: Will be in 09
Last gig: Bemused and The Dastards, the former a Muse tribute band, the latter a bland indie rock outfit, I helped put them on at uni.
Next gig: Sunn O))) and Earth Februrary, Thekla
i_am_a_viking wrote:Do me, do me!!

Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Luke- » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:11 am

NickBlake wrote:Least Favourite Things: Getting out of bed, Hair straighteners, Alexander Pope, EM Forster, Dress codes, Shaving, Being one of the few people I know who likes hip-hop.

Seeing as you dislike straightners and shaving you're quite smoothed chinned and straight haired :P.

NickBlake wrote:Next gig: Sunn O))) and Earth Februrary, Thekla

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Might have to go to Birmingham to see them though :(.

NickBlake
Warrior of Metal

Postby NickBlake » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:17 am

The straight hair's natural. I hate the look of unnaturally straightened hair on anyone. As for the shaving, I had a beard, and when I got shot of it, it took three razors and a long long time to get it back to normal. Epic. :p

Metal_Moses
Paster of Muppets

Postby Metal_Moses » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:37 pm

NickBlake wrote:Next gig: Sunn O))) and Earth Februrary, Thekla

Where did you find out about this? and i take it its 18+
:flame:
How I needed you, how I grieve now you're gone, in my dreams I see you, i awake so alone.

NickBlake
Warrior of Metal

Postby NickBlake » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:07 pm

:( Just checked, and it seems the website I found it on hadn't updated the site for about a year. It didn't have the year on or anything. I was wrong. Gutted.

Elitist Dickhead
Powermetal Child

Postby Elitist Dickhead » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:56 pm

Name: Alex Johnson
Nicknames: Urm, i usually get called by my surname
Lives: Newcastle
Favourite Bands: Opeth, Anthrax, Municipal Waste, Ihsahn, Coheed And Cambria, Carcass, The Answer, Ted Maul
Least Favourite Things: Getting up in the morning, Hangovers, Indie.
First bloodstock: 08
Last gig: Speed Theory, Sanctorum and My ruin at the Newcastle Academy a week or so ago.
Next gig: Less Than Jake in 2 weeks haha.

Contrary to what my name might suggest i'm not actually elitist in the slightest, and my picture makes me look a good foot shorter than i actually am.

:)

jack666
Warrior of Metal

Postby jack666 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Name: Jack Barrett
Nicknames: Oi you, cunt
Lives: Ipswich
Favourite Bands: slayer, machine head, municipal waste, metallica, at the gates, sepultura
Least Favourite Things: shit music, world of warcraft, religion
First bloodstock: 08
Last gig: motorhead about 4 days ago
Next gig: slipknot/machine head in december