2020 Albums

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
User avatar
Kanwulf
Denim Demon
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Pagan Vastlands
Contact:

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:19 am

Thoroughly enjoyed the latest Annihilator album - not much into thrash but that one certainly gets a pass in my books. I also found it amusing to find out that 3 out of the 4 members are younger than the band itself :lol:
Image

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby Ghost » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:54 pm

The new Godthrymm album is a good bit of doom.
I see the bad moon arising.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4317
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby houston4044 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Be interesting where Machine Head would be on a festival line up nowerdays if they ever did fests again; the latest song just accelerates their recent decline rather than stops it.

User avatar
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:33 pm
Location: The North.

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby Bizza » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 pm

houston4044 wrote:Be interesting where Machine Head would be on a festival line up nowerdays if they ever did fests again; the latest song just accelerates their recent decline rather than stops it.


That new track is rather aptly named :lol:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

User avatar
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby metaldinosaur » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:27 am

Machine Head would still be heading. Doesn’t stop the recent stuff being below par though.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

User avatar
gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am
Location: Ipswich

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby gavdann » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 am

For the past couple of weeks I've been playing the shit out of Bütcher's 666 Goats Carry My Chariot.

Also I've finally got around to checking out the Vengeful Spectre record as I've seen it mentioned in AOTM lists so much. The "folk" tag put me off before but it's quite subtle and so if you like atmospheric black metal, give this a spin.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4317
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby houston4044 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Bizza wrote:
That new track is rather aptly named :lol:


How did I miss that? :lol:

User avatar
Kanwulf
Denim Demon
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Pagan Vastlands
Contact:

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Old Corpse Road announced they will be releasing their new album 'On Ghastly Shores Lays the Wreckage of Our Lore' on 24th April
Image

User avatar
JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 11:14 am
Location: Southampton

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby JD_B3E5 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:42 am

New LP from Lost Society came out today. If you're into bands changing their sound, then I wouldn't bother since this album has more of a groove/metalcore vibe to it (rather than thrash).

Meanwhile, Shrapnel have released a single that'll be on their new album that releases in May. Sounds decent.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4317
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby houston4044 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:33 am

JD_B3E5 wrote:New LP from Lost Society came out today. If you're into bands changing their sound, then I wouldn't bother since this album has more of a groove/metalcore vibe to it (rather than thrash).

Meanwhile, Shrapnel have released a single that'll be on their new album that releases in May. Sounds decent.


Couldn't finish the Lost Society LP, don't mind bands changing sound but they're not even good at metalcore :(

The Shrapnel song was...interesting, will be good to see what the whole album sounds like.

Ozzy's new album is woeful, wasn't expecting much at this stage in his career and all other things considered but even then, offt.

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2158
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby i0th » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:04 pm

Demons & Wizards - III is utterly fantastic.

Biff Byford - School of Hard Knocks really enjoyed this though the cover of Scarborough Fair is poor.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2604
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm

houston4044 wrote:The Shrapnel song was...interesting, will be good to see what the whole album sounds like.
.


It's certainly...erm....different.
I see the bad moon arising.

User avatar
JD_B3E5
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 11:14 am
Location: Southampton

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby JD_B3E5 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:12 am

Ghost wrote:
houston4044 wrote:The Shrapnel song was...interesting, will be good to see what the whole album sounds like.
.


It's certainly...erm....different.


They've got a new vocalist now.

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:55 am

I've listened to a little over 100 albums so far from 2020. For me, the top picks so far are those from:

Godthrymm
Dawn of Solace
Serenity
Skyforest
Caspian
Garganjua
Yuri Gagarin
H.e.a.t
Thy Catafalque
Moon Hooch
Lowrider
Coogans Bluff
Mount Hush
Lotus Thief
Intronaut
Ritual King
Image

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: 2020 Albums

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:I've listened to a little over 100 albums so far from 2020. For me, the top picks so far are those from:

Godthrymm
Dawn of Solace
Serenity
Skyforest
Caspian
Garganjua
Yuri Gagarin
H.e.a.t
Thy Catafalque
Moon Hooch
Lowrider
Coogans Bluff
Mount Hush
Lotus Thief
Intronaut
Ritual King


That ummmm, a lot of albums to listen to in 2 months!

Do you get to listen to music all day at work or summink?

Disagree re Serenity, found it very bland considering how great there last few albums before it have been.