Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

Postby Ghost » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:59 am

We can see who was correct.

I'm thinking:

May 2021
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Re: Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:05 pm

hmmm, so many variables here, but mainly dependent on future spikes, when cinema etc re-open fully, when gyms are back to normal....gigs will be the LAST thing to happen.

I'll go for March 2021.

Definitely not this year anyway.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:18 pm

Pessimistically I say June 2021
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:35 pm

i'll go with April 2021 - vaccine rolled out in Jan/Feb, couple of months to get a good uptake of it.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:04 pm

At my most optimistic I'd say Feb. But I reckon April/May is the best bet
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:05 pm

At my most optimistic I'd say Feb. But I reckon April/May is the best bet
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:09 pm

I reckon we'll have a phased return of gigs without social distancing. Perhaps tiny venues like the Camden Underworld will be allowed to host events in March if winter goes well, with larger venues opening again in May then June for arenas and festivals.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Black Wizard wrote:I reckon we'll have a phased return of gigs without social distancing. Perhaps tiny venues like the Camden Underworld will be allowed to host events in March if winter goes well, with larger venues opening again in May then June for arenas and festivals.

This seems like the most likely way forward, I just hope things are back to normal enough by the summer so festivals can happen.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:42 am

Black Wizard wrote:I reckon we'll have a phased return of gigs without social distancing. Perhaps tiny venues like the Camden Underworld will be allowed to host events in March if winter goes well, with larger venues opening again in May then June for arenas and festivals.

The Arena one is interesting, if you assume that Arena's won't be able to open til June does that mean anything with large crowds is the same, specifically football grounds? Will we have a full football season played behind closed doors?

Sorry, off topic.

My prediction is May 2021.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:17 am

ribbons69 wrote:The Arena one is interesting, if you assume that Arena's won't be able to open til June does that mean anything with large crowds is the same, specifically football grounds? Will we have a full football season played behind closed doors?

Well non-league football matches in England will be permitted to have reduced capacity crowds. Maybe the larger stadia will eventually be permitted to have reduced capacities too but the issue won't just be with keeping households separated outdoors in the stands it will also be related to adequately staffing the venue and ensuring different households are isolated when going indoors to use the toilets or get refreshments. Football stadia are of course different from indoor venues due to being much better ventilated.

I can't claim to be an expert in any of this though. Ask Gandalf.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:31 pm

bloodfiend wrote:hmmm, so many variables here, but mainly dependent on future spikes, when cinema etc re-open fully, when gyms are back to normal....gigs will be the LAST thing to happen.

I'll go for March 2021.

Definitely not this year anyway.

Variables is right. Over here in Canada they've got kids going back to the classrooms so that's a good sign. But at the same time, there's so many people out there breaking all the rules and having illegal parties so the question boils down to just how stupid can the human race be or when will the actions of the responsible pay off for all?

Small shows are happening now but with limited numbers and some basic social distancing in place and on outside patios. So the variables to being completely back to normal with no social distancing will depend on the complete elimination of Covid-19. Maybe when effective vaccines are out and people can go to shows 'at their own risk'. Either way, human impatience is bound to give in sooner than later.

I'm afraid to guess a date, I just want to keep hoping that it'll be soon. But March is a good benchmark for shows with some minor social distancing measures in place. Maybe we'll see mosh pits with crowds of people wearing face masks. I'm sure they'll still collect the personal information of all patrons at the door.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 am

I wonder if they'll get rid of social distancing entirely as long as people wear masks? (Maybe having designating 'drinking areas' where you can remove it to do so.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:07 am

Haldamir319 wrote:I wonder if they'll get rid of social distancing entirely as long as people wear masks? (Maybe having designating 'drinking areas' where you can remove it to do so.

They would never be able to police it in a gig though. You'd need loads more bouncers.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 am

Ghost wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:I wonder if they'll get rid of social distancing entirely as long as people wear masks? (Maybe having designating 'drinking areas' where you can remove it to do so.

They would never be able to police it in a gig though. You'd need loads more bouncers.

I guess you'd have to be wearing it as you entered for a start. Would make it easier to see who has removed them.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:44 am

Haldamir319 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I guess you'd have to be wearing it as you entered for a start. Would make it easier to see who has removed them.

Half the people at gigs can't be bothered with basic hygiene, let alone keeping a mask on :lol: