Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Re: Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

Postby Green Man III » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:11 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Yep - there's plenty of conspiracy-theorist bellends here in the UK. And not just those people, there's also the fuckwits who, whilst they might not buy in to the far-fetched 5G nonsense, are just plain selfish and lazy and just don't bother wearing masks because they think they'll be fine and don't give a fuck about anyone else.
And then there's the ignorant fuckwits who don't pay attention to the news or what's going on so probably don't even realise the true severity of the situation. And then there's the fuckwits who are a combination of the above and use their scepticism as a poor substitute for their lack of personality or some kind of vain attempt to appear interesting.

Basically - lots and lots of fuckwits.

Too bad the virus isn't smart enough to just go after the fuckwits. Like usual, everybody has to pay the price for the fuck wits. This is why that one guy in the army gets the beats when the entire squad gets penalized for his laziness.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:17 pm

Ghost wrote:
Bizza wrote:
Chok651 wrote:I'll be surprised if we see festivals or gigs next year I think this whole thing is going to last a very long time.

This, we need a vaccine in widespread use before festivals can return and I just can't see that happening in time to save next years festival season :(

Me neither. Might have to change my prediction from may 2021 to May 2022.

I really really really want Bloodstock 2021 to proceed as planned but I will wait if I have to. It's been since 2016 since I've been to Bloodstock and I finally have the money, the right employment status, and the ticket bought so I'm all ready to jump on a plane and hang out with you wonderful Brits, drink lots of cider, and see loads of bands.

But the best thing about anticipation is all the dreaming I can do as I wait patiently for the next Bloodstock to be approved. I will continue to pop into this website and check out the bands that have been announced until the day finally comes that it is actually happening. By then my expectations are going to be so high, so it better be fucking really good! :lol:

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:23 pm

Czech's Mate wrote:sadly been thinking that gigs won't be back for a very long time which will mean more bands will be forced to give up.......Anathema announcing an indefinite hiatus today was seriously bad news

One more thing to say. With the lack of things to do out there, hopefully most musicians are still practicing their instruments.

I'm no professional as I only started to learn to play guitar two years ago. But it's so important that as many people out there keep playing music for the love of music.

Hopefully financial reward will come to those who deserve it eventually. But even before this happened, music as a business was under attack with technology and downloading. I can't extend my appreciation enough for those with the passion to keep playing even though they aren't getting paid right now.
:yes:

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Bizza wrote:
Chok651 wrote:I'll be surprised if we see festivals or gigs next year I think this whole thing is going to last a very long time.

This, we need a vaccine in widespread use before festivals can return and I just can't see that happening in time to save next years festival season :(

Quick turnover testing could be another way events could go ahead.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:14 am

Well, over here we're onto the "second wave". I'm thinking that surely the human race can't be that stupid that we can't learn from this one and eventually get this thing under control so that we can have shows again.

My prediction is still optimistic. I'm guessing regular shows next March as the world finally goes into a proper decline of the virus.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:21 am

Green Man III wrote:Well, over here we're onto the "second wave". I'm thinking that surely the human race can't be that stupid that we can't learn from this one and eventually get this thing under control so that we can have shows again.

Is it really a "second wave" ? It just looks like full lockdown actually worked and when you relax it the cases rise again to me.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:38 pm

ribbons69 wrote:
Green Man III wrote:Well, over here we're onto the "second wave". I'm thinking that surely the human race can't be that stupid that we can't learn from this one and eventually get this thing under control so that we can have shows again.

Is it really a "second wave" ? It just looks like full lockdown actually worked and when you relax it the cases rise again to me.

I guess people can call it whatever they want. But over here it's getting bad and our government really doesn't want to impose another lockdown as our business have struggled enough already but we are all be encouraged to stop going out at the same time.

And then we got our neighbor with a president that likes to downplay the pandemic even when he catches it himself. :rolleyes:

north sea storm
Leather Rebel

Postby north sea storm » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Summer 2022

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:03 pm

north sea storm wrote:Summer 2022

I'm still hanging onto my hope that Bloodstock will happen 2021. But if not, then I'll be hanging onto my ticket and continuing to get excited for 2022.

I think what we all need to do is stay healthy, stay safe, stay sane, and get ready for the party of a lifetime! :drink:

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:34 am

Unless they can get rapid testing sorted, its gonna be late next year at the earliest now.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:23 am

Well yesterday's announcement about a vaccine is a step in the right direction for sure.

Disappointing to see so many bellends on the Bloodstock fb page talking all that anti-vax bullshit like they actually have the first clue what they're on about. I really don't understand some people - do they want normal life back or not?

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:50 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:Well yesterday's announcement about a vaccine is a step in the right direction for sure.

Disappointing to see so many bellends on the Bloodstock fb page talking all that anti-vax bullshit like they actually have the first clue what they're on about. I really don't understand some people - do they want normal life back or not?

The ceo of Livenation has said that they're expecting gigs and festivals to be happening by the summer, which would be great.

As for the anti-vaxxers, they're basically just incredibly thick people who are desperate to feel superior to others. They'll soon change their tune when they can't have their week in Benidorm without the vaccine.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:26 pm

I had a dream last night that things are back on track.

So let's just get excited again with anticipation and enjoy the comfort of our high hopes!

As for the vaccine, so long as I can still drink loads, I'm more than happy to take it to get into Bloodstock!

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Powerslave wrote:As for the anti-vaxxers, they're basically just incredibly thick people who are desperate to feel superior to others. They'll soon change their tune when they can't have their week in Benidorm without the vaccine.

I agree some are dicks who just want to protest that it's against their basic human rights but I'm not sure it's true for all of them.

Some people with serious underlying health issues need to be very careful about the side effects of Flu vaccinations for example.

I'm a qualified expert on this matter as I listened in to a discussion about it a few weeks ago on the Jeremy Vine radio show! :D

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:07 pm

gavdann wrote: Some people with serious underlying health issues need to be very careful about the side effects of Flu vaccinations for example.

When people use the term "anti-vaxers" they're not referring to people who have allergies or other medical reasons that mean they wouldn't be able to receive a vaccine. That's not being "anti-vax".

No, I (and I assume Powerslave) are referring to the selfish, arrogant, obnoxious pieces of shit that have no medical reason not to have a vaccine but are so unbelievably self-absorbed and downright thick that they don't seem to grasp the basic concept of "public health". They think that not having a vaccine only affects them because they're stupid to realise how it would impact on other people.

They're usually people who have so little going on in their lives that they are desperate to appear clever or "free-thinking" like that somehow puts them on some kind of intellectual pedestal above others, or that it makes up for their chronic under-achievement in life, when in reality it just shows how fucking thick they really are. Combine that with the free time to endlessly scroll through social media and the gullibility to believe any old shit they read that conforms to what they want to hear and you have a very toxic mix.