Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Re: Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

Postby Green Man III » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:08 am

Well, when we started guessing this, there was no vaccine. Now it's out there and plans are set to start administering it.

Considering that we know how to stop spreading this thing (masks and social distance) and we have vaccines now, I think we can start looking forward to shows again.

I say, if the human race can't now beat this in the next few months then we're all just too fucking stupid and don't deserve to survive.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Vaccine should be fully administered by March, so April is my best guess for a "normal" gig in a place like Rock City, its going to be really weird at first having people so close to you.

I think thats going to be an issue going forward, people are going to be wary of other people getting to close, some people are going to thing of a gig with prople dancing and getting sweaty as a real problem and are going to struggle to get past it.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Drachenfells1 wrote:Vaccine should be fully administered by March, so April

:lol: I like your optimism but no fucking chance.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:38 am

I'm still not convinced we'll have outdoor festivals next summer but hoping so. No chance we're back to normal gigs in April. Mrs has had her first dose this morning (she's a nurse) so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:04 pm

We might just about manage outdoor festivals in the Summer. Don't see indoor being back in full swing until this time next year.

Realised it was 12 months since my last gig a couple of days ago. So depressing

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:07 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Realised it was 12 months since my last gig a couple of days ago. So depressing

Aw that's crap. My last was 7th March, right before lockdown so still a bit away from a year without but it feels like far too fucking long.

Black Wizard
Leather Rebel

Postby Black Wizard » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:36 pm

Drachenfells1 wrote:Vaccine should be fully administered by March,

I heard on the radio this morning that it's expected to take one year to vaccinate the entire population.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:53 am

Lockdowns and restrictions were imposed to protect the eldest and those most vulnerable from dying - not your average 18-55 gig-goer. Once the most critical groups have been vaccinated, then the government will see this as an opportunity to re-open many aspects of society and get life back to normal. And you can bet your arse this government will. This is a government that are only now, 1 week away from people crossing all over the country, suggesting that people should self-isolate before going to visit family, all because they wanted people to go back to the shops. Cunts.

Anyway...

The problem with gigs is that whilst it's unlikely that we'll have to wait until the virus is eradicated before we can return to gigs (as it may well never be totally eradicated), this is still an area where you're potentially talking about packing a lot of people into an enclosed space before the vast majority of them are vaccinated.

That presents a problem as whilst those people aren't likely to go home and potentially kill their grandparents, there is still a chance (however small) that some of those people could die. And even if they don't, young and otherwise healthy people still run the risk of contracting long-term health problems from this virus.

You've also got the potential issue of gigs going ahead and many ticket-holders feeling cautious about going and possibly deciding against it, thus creating the problem of many people asking for refunds despite the gig still going ahead. Do those people deserve to lose their money because they are understandably nervous of contracting an illness that could leave them with long-term health problems or maybe even kill them? That's gonna leave the venues and the promoters in a real bind, and of course our government won't lift a finger to help so it has the potential to turn into an absolute mess.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Wow was I wrong about march!!!, I'm shielded so I get it in mid January, I thought that most people would get it a couple of months later, mentioned it to my doctor who laughed and told me If all gos perfectly it will be the end of september before everyone is done, but allowing for hiccups and delays to supply more like November - December next year.

So I have no idea when gigs will restart, I know I would be advised not to go to any anyway but I feel for everyone who was looking forward to a bit of normality.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 am

Feeling less and less hopeful about next year. Another year without festivals seems likely.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:05 am

BoJo said things will be back to normal by Easter next year, so things definitely won't be back to normal by Easter next year.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:29 am

i0th2 wrote:BoJo said things will be back to normal by Easter next year, so things definitely won't be back to normal by Easter next year.

Can't trust anything that fucking clown says.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:20 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
i0th2 wrote:BoJo said things will be back to normal by Easter next year, so things definitely won't be back to normal by Easter next year.

Can't trust anything that fucking clown says.

:yes:

I can't listen to a single thing that walking catastrofuck ever says, it's just lie after lie.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Bizza wrote:I can't listen to a single thing that walking catastrofuck ever says, it's just lie after lie.

Isn't that the truth.

And what's even more galling is the number of people who STILL think he's doing a stand-up, great job. I mean, how many more catastrophic fuck-ups does he need to make before half the people of this screwed up "cuntry" get it? :guns:

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:18 pm

I think the problem is whoever is in power would be getting the same advice from the health professionals so what would they do?

We know Kier Starmer would have taken exactly the same steps, only increased lockdowns earlier and not had a tier system, probable more national lockdowns.

The libs fully support national lockdowns as well.

He's doing a job, based on what his health experts and financial advisers are telling him, try to remember its his whole cobra team which come up with a plan, he needs there support so he can't just do his own thing, hes got to keep his cabinet, the back benchers, and the labour party happy so that any changes passes a parliamentary vote.

He's in a horrible position, a whole group of people decide on a course of action, he has a choice, go along with it as hes told thats what the experts believe is the best course of action, or veto it and come up with a new idea himself as his top advisors leave him to it .

hes admitted he is heavily relying on experts as he is out of his depth, hes just trying to guide a ship now hes not "driving " it anymore.

I feel sorry for him, hes the face of bad news and hes going to be remembered as the covid minister.

Ask yourself, what would you do? Remember you can't have too many deaths or damage the economy to much as it wont pass parliament is its to far one way or another.