Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:51 pm

Well, the current UK lockdown is due to last through March as it stands. Even if we return to the tier system as before, we aren't getting normal gigs for a good while.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:39 pm

My sister pointed something out to me the other day that I hadn't realised. Not only do we need to vaccinate the whole country, we have to keep doing it. I have to have a new flu jab every year so this will be the same. Hopefully as the infrastructure gets better this will become easier to do.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:55 pm

ribbons69 wrote:My sister pointed something out to me the other day that I hadn't realised. Not only do we need to vaccinate the whole country, we have to keep doing it. I have to have a new flu jab every year so this will be the same. Hopefully as the infrastructure gets better this will become easier to do.

it'll just become routine, like visiting the dentist.
we're already vaccinating over a million people a week, so it'll be no problem logistically to do it on an ongoing basis.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:39 pm

I miss the early days of lockdown when I thought we would have gigs back by summer :lol:

Even the one I'd booked flights and a ticket for in Germany got postponed in the end, and certain areas had been having gigs on and off throughout the year.

I can't see anything happening until July/August personally and I'd anticipate that will be just indoor gigs with a limited capacity, definitely not festivals, I'd love for some of them to happen but logistically I just don't get how bands from all over the world will be able to travel to different places in the next 7 months, presumably attendees would need proof of a negative test or to have been vaccinated as well.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:20 pm

if (and obviously it's a big if) the government hit their target of vaccinating 2 million people per week, that's 56 million people by the end of July.
at that point transmission should be pretty much non-existent and it will be hard to justify keeping restrictions in place.
as you say, it's the international aspect that is the unknown.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:30 pm

bloodfiend wrote: (bye bye Incineration fest)

Now postponed until next year.
I see the bad moon arising.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:35 pm

I'm amazed Hard Rock Hell Spring Break still thinks it's going ahead, that said Chic Festivals are a bunch of bastards.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:02 pm

It's going to be next year before indoor gigs are doable without distancing. We might scrape a few outdoor festivals in this year if we are lucky.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:06 pm

i0th2 wrote:I'm amazed Hard Rock Hell Spring Break still thinks it's going ahead, that said Chic Festivals are a bunch of bastards.

They know full well it ain't going ahead. They're just out to bleed as much money out of people as they can before cancelling at the last possible minute and then refusing all requests for a refund. They've shown themselves to be lying crooks throughout this pandemic - they must have absolutely ruined any fan loyalty they still had left.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:15 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
i0th2 wrote:I'm amazed Hard Rock Hell Spring Break still thinks it's going ahead, that said Chic Festivals are a bunch of bastards.

They know full well it ain't going ahead. They're just out to bleed as much money out of people as they can before cancelling at the last possible minute and then refusing all requests for a refund. They've shown themselves to be lying crooks throughout this pandemic - they must have absolutely ruined any fan loyalty they still had left.

Yes ...they covered themselves by exploiting some sort of third party banking system of payment loophole which really should have been closed when we were in the EU...disgusting bunch of aholes imo

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:31 am

Ghost wrote:
bloodfiend wrote: (bye bye Incineration fest)

Now postponed until next year.

Yes and thus it begins, 2020 gigs and fest postponed to 2021, now postponed once more to 2022.

Incineration is the first, I think Hellfest will follow suit soon, and likely then the August fests.

Stuff around the end of the year has a chance.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:02 pm

There goes Glastonbury.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:23 pm

The cancellations feel more depressing this year than last. Doesn't feel like the end is in sight much. I have enjoyed the lockdowns because I'm anti social but I'd still like a gig haa haa. All the talk of different variants makes gigs etc feel a long way away. Still feels mental I was Abbath a year ago. Seems like forever ago.
I see the bad moon arising.

PowerThrash
Warrior of Metal

Postby PowerThrash » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:38 pm

Just waiting now, I have Helloween in May, I can now deffo say that will be postponed (again), the Glasto cancellation seems like the thin end of the wedge. Next might be Download

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:39 pm

I thought Glastonbury had long since said they weren't going to be doing one this year? I don't think them cancelling before they'd even announced anything, when they have every other year off anyway is much of a suprise.

Not that I'm holding out hope for anything else. I imagine it'll be a creeping tide once again. I notice how Bloodstock have gone incredibly quiet...
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!