Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

Postby metaldinosaur » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:47 pm

10% of the population have had the vaccine today. Summer is looking good for the 80% needed. But will it be enough?
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:49 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:10% of the population have had the vaccine today. Summer is looking good for the 80% needed. But will it be enough?

Only the first dose though so I assume they'll have to stop giving it to new people in March to start administering the second doses.
I see the bad moon arising.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:18 pm

I was at Sabaton a year ago. A different life!

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:43 am

Ghost wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:10% of the population have had the vaccine today. Summer is looking good for the 80% needed. But will it be enough?

Only the first dose though so I assume they'll have to stop giving it to new people in March to start administering the second doses.

Hopefully the Goverment will increase the capacity otherwise we'll never catch up. Everyone will have to be vaccinated every year for us to keep on top of the problem.
On the plus side I have my first vaccine injection tomorrow with the second dose in April
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:57 am

I'm not confident they even know how long the covid antibodies last following two doses of the vaccine.

It's very likely we'll need boosters every year or two and who knows whether the current vaccines will protect against future strains/mutations.

My other concern is whether every country around the world can keep apace with those kind of demands. IMO this is going to be around for years, possibly generations.

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:58 pm

gavdann wrote:I'm not confident they even know how long the covid antibodies last following two doses of the vaccine.

of course they don't, they literally started testing them a few months ago.
however, they are very confident that they provide at least 12 months worth of immunity. it really doesn't matter if we need an annual booster, the resource will be there to allow it. it will just become routine.
if the virus mutates to make the vaccines ineffective, then they will modify them accordingly. by all accounts, it's not too difficult or time consuming to do so. we already do this with the flu vaccine.
the virus will never go away, but we will be on top of it in very short order.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Hellfest cancelled now, June ones already going, in a month the August ones will start cancelling.

Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Bizza » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:19 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Hellfest cancelled now, June ones already going, in a month the August ones will start cancelling.

Guess that's that then :(

Roll on BOA '22! :rock:
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:35 pm

As Vicky said there will be a contingency plan if the fest can’t go ahead. I'm guessing it will be a one day fest with all english bands.

Hopefully, this year will get pushed to 2022 and we keep MF.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:06 am

metaldinosaur wrote:As Vicky said there will be a contingency plan if the fest can’t go ahead. I'm guessing it will be a one day fest with all english bands.

I think even the one day of British bands, or festival with 5000 people are massively unlikely, they have to make a decision by the end of March, which I'm sure will just be cancelling.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:00 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:As Vicky said there will be a contingency plan if the fest can’t go ahead. I'm guessing it will be a one day fest with all english bands.

I think even the one day of British bands, or festival with 5000 people are massively unlikely, they have to make a decision by the end of March, which I'm sure will just be cancelling.

Why do you think March? She said in the podcast there was a date they needed to decide by, but it wasn't any time soon, so my guess would be more like May or something.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:09 pm

It takes time to book bands, hire the stage and light rig, hire all the riggers you need, negotiate contracts with stalls, re negotiate venue hire (they cannot pay the same for a much smaller crowd, although the venue will expect them to)

It all takes time, and it cannot be done in a couple of months, remember you will be trying to reduce the price of the contracts across the board, some will agree, some you can reason with and some will say no, if the stage hire company say you still have to pay full price and will not budge, trying to find a alternative will be really difficult and may make the idea financially unviable.

I think you have to make the call on which way your going by the middle of march by the latest, most likely they have already decided which way they are going, when they tell us is a different matter though, they could leave it to the middle of may if its not good news to be honest.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:49 pm

According to Boris, gigs could be back to normal in June but then he also said things would be better by Christmas. :lol:

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:03 pm

21st June for concerts to resume at the earliest if all go's as predicted.

So Bloodstock could go ahead, but download is gone.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:32 pm

I don't know why people think Bloodstock can exist in isolation from the other summer fests. Even if it's technically allowed to go ahead, the international bands aren't gonna make the trip over just for one fest