Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Bizza
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Guess what date gigs will be back to normal (no social distancing)

Postby Bizza » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:11 am

Drachenfells1 wrote:I think the problem is whoever is in power would be getting the same advice from the health professionals so what would they do?

We know Kier Starmer would have taken exactly the same steps, only increased lockdowns earlier and not had a tier system, probable more national lockdowns.

The libs fully support national lockdowns as well.

He's doing a job, based on what his health experts and financial advisers are telling him, try to remember its his whole cobra team which come up with a plan, he needs there support so he can't just do his own thing, hes got to keep his cabinet, the back benchers, and the labour party happy so that any changes passes a parliamentary vote.

He's in a horrible position, a whole group of people decide on a course of action, he has a choice, go along with it as hes told thats what the experts believe is the best course of action, or veto it and come up with a new idea himself as his top advisors leave him to it .

hes admitted he is heavily relying on experts as he is out of his depth, hes just trying to guide a ship now hes not "driving " it anymore.

I feel sorry for him, hes the face of bad news and hes going to be remembered as the covid minister.

Ask yourself, what would you do? Remember you can't have too many deaths or damage the economy to much as it wont pass parliament is its to far one way or another.

:lol:

That fucking turd will get no sympathy from me.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Powerslave
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Powerslave » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:31 am

imagine a) feeling sorry for Boris and b) thinking he's done a decent job :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Drachenfells1 wrote:
Ask yourself, what would you do? Remember you can't have too many deaths or damage the economy to much as it wont pass parliament is its to far one way or another.

"what would you do?". Brilliant. Building on that if you go to a restaurant and have a shit meal, should the chef go "we'll could you do better?". Or if your on a luxury cruise and the boat crashes and you nearly drown, is the captain entitled to response "Well I bet you couldn't drive a boat better than me".

In answer to your question he should follow examples countries who have contained the virus properly and effectively and have had a clear plan; he should not lie to the public, manipulate them with false hope, try to come across like Winston Churchill when he hasn't got a clue, shouldn't have a cabinet that break the rules they themselves implement and should think before coming out with shit like "I shook everyone's had knowing they had corona".

Don't defend prick, it's a losing battle.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:52 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Drachenfells1 wrote:

"what would you do?". Brilliant. Building on that if you go to a restaurant and have a shit meal, should the chef go "we'll could you do better?". Or if your on a luxury cruise and the boat crashes and you nearly drown, is the captain entitled to response "Well I bet you couldn't drive a boat better than me".

In answer to your question he should follow examples countries who have contained the virus properly and effectively and have had a clear plan; he should not lie to the public, manipulate them with false hope, try to come across like Winston Churchill when he hasn't got a clue, shouldn't have a cabinet that break the rules they themselves implement and should think before coming out with shit like "I shook everyone's had knowing they had corona".

Don't defend the prick, it's a losing battle.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:41 pm

Although I totaly agree with most of your points, having a advisor that breaks his own rules, catching corona was F***ing irresponsible and is totally undefendable, But because anything he and his advisors come up with has to go through a parliamentary vote, it makes his job harder than most other countries as his own party threaten and have voted against his measures.

I dont think for a second we as a country would have accepted how china, south Korea, Japan, Thailand ect dealt with it, there are some advantages to being a dictatorship as we just seen, to be honest we would not accept how new Zealand and Australia dealt with it, 5 cases and they stopped all air traffic into and out of the country for 3 months, they locked down the whole country again a week before Christmas because 1 case was detected in Sydney.

Italy and Spain are suffering just as bad as we are, Frances and Germanys cases and deaths are rising rapidly, there is nowhere in Europe that is getting off lightly. the new strain from South Africa is spreading rapidly and experts are concerned that it may be all over Africa within 6 weeks, Africa have avoided the worst of this so far, now it looks like it may hit them hard.

Nowhere I can think off has got off lightly, people keep saying Sweden did not lock down, which is true, but they were asked not to meet people and keep socially distanced, they are a more socially conscious culture than ours and even then they had over 8000 deaths whereas Norway and Finland which lockdown had less than 1000 between them. Sweden have admitted they got it wrong and have apologised to there citizens and considering lockdowns in future.

Boris is a Muppet, I'm not denying that I'm just saying I'm not sure what I would have done different (apart from not catching it and sacking Donimic Cummings)

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:28 am

Last night's announcement just proves that until a vaccine is rolled out to enough people, particularly enough vulnerable people, then we are essentially stuck in this constant loop of lockdowns, partial lockdowns, tiers, etc.
Everything they've tried since March last year is akin to forcing a square peg into a round hole or trying to put a plaster over a gaping flesh wound. Vaccines are the only way out of this - now more than ever is the time to properly call out this anti-science, anti-vax bullshit for what it is and shame the stupid cunts who believe it.
No more handling with kid-gloves - call them stupid, call them selfish, introduce measures like vaccine passports for attending large-scale events or going on holiday. No more of this "well, everyone's entitled to an opinion" crap. Not when you're putting other people's lives at risk you're fucking not.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:26 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:Last night's announcement just proves that until a vaccine is rolled out to enough people, particularly enough vulnerable people, then we are essentially stuck in this constant loop of lockdowns, partial lockdowns, tiers, etc.
Everything they've tried since March last year is akin to forcing a square peg into a round hole or trying to put a plaster over a gaping flesh wound. Vaccines are the only way out of this - now more than ever is the time to properly call out this anti-science, anti-vax bullshit for what it is and shame the stupid cunts who believe it.
No more handling with kid-gloves - call them stupid, call them selfish, introduce measures like vaccine passports for attending large-scale events or going on holiday. No more of this "well, everyone's entitled to an opinion" crap. Not when you're putting other people's lives at risk you're fucking not.

100% agree. The sooner that I can get the vaccine the better and the sooner the antivaxers get the message to fuck the fuck off and then fuck off some more the better
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:44 pm

Total Agreement from me on this, unfortunately my Aunt is a Conspiracy nutter, I need the vaccine as I have a incurable cancer, shes trying to convince me not to have it as it has a micro-chip in it to track you and it will change your DNA to make you more docile and compliant so Big Brother can tell you what to do and you will just obey without questioning it.

You could not make it up, she's telling me to go to all these weird websites which share her view, I'm avoiding her right now as I don't want to smack her, but she truly belive's in what she's saying. it's frightening how passionate these people's belief's are.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:06 am

Festival wise, I think BOA has a slim chance this year but I can't see anything prior to it happening. Of all the main UK fests, Damnation might have the best chance of anyone in 2021.

I do think that Spring 2022 will see a lot of things go back to 'normal'. Everyone should be long since vaccinated by that point and hopefully the virus will have died out from a lack of hosts etc.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:50 am

I guess Bearded Theory is the first big one to keep an eye on for us as it's also at Catton Park and happens at the end of May. I'd be surprised if it goes ahead.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 am

No way anything happens as early as May. The current lockdown is expected til March as it stands and people will almost certainly not be vaccinated until later in the Summer.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:03 am

Interesting how people concerned about Micro chips being put in them through vaccination because they don't want to be tracked have no problem using the internet or mobile phones. :lol: :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:08 am

Ghost wrote:Interesting how people concerned about Micro chips being put in them through vaccination because they don't want to be tracked have no problem using the internet or mobile phones. :lol: :lol:

Micro chips in vaccinations? People are actually thinking this? Yep, the world has gone fucking mad!

:eyes:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:17 am

Cradle Of Filth moved their live streaming gig from Feb to May, and that's with no audience, so I think May gigs are down the shitter now (bye bye Incineration fest)

Still have hope that the socially distanced Marduk gig I have tickets to in March may happen, but May gigs and June fests look hugely unlikely.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:47 am

Balls. It really looks like June at the very earliest for gigs. Most likely September now though. Out door might make it mind. Fingers crossed for bloodstock.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?