So much for Iced Earth...

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Re: So much for Iced Earth...

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:33 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:Its beyond naughty boy for sure. He is probably going to jail.

I don't think there's any probably about it, he's certain to get a jail sentence for this.

Still I'm sure Jon Schaffer is consoling himself that at least he's not Black Wizard, what with Gandalf's lawyer on the case; who cares about domestic terrorism when Gandalf's having a hissy fit?

I laughed rather more than I should have at this
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:08 pm

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:01 pm

Hansi has officially quit demons and wizards.
I see the bad moon arising.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:59 am

Ghost wrote:Hansi has officially quit demons and wizards.

Can't blame him. As soon as Schaffer was proven to be a part of the mob it pretty much spelled the end for both bands. It's not like the other guys can continue without him under the IE banner as I expect Schaffer owns all rights, intellectual property, etc.
If they do continue under a different name I'll be interested but as Schaffer was the primary song-writer, I can see them struggling.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:30 am

bloodofthekings wrote:
Ghost wrote:Hansi has officially quit demons and wizards.

Can't blame him. As soon as Schaffer was proven to be a part of the mob it pretty much spelled the end for both bands. It's not like the other guys can continue without him under the IE banner as I expect Schaffer owns all rights, intellectual property, etc.
If they do continue under a different name I'll be interested but as Schaffer was the primary song-writer, I can see them struggling.

Yes I doubt it but you never know because stratovarius continued when the song writer left. Probably need Jon's permission though. Would be a way for Jon to still earn an income if he goes to jail.

i0th2
Warrior of Metal

Postby i0th2 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:41 am

It's not just he's the song writer really though, he's Iced Earth. There hasn't even been two alums released with the same lineup. If they want to carry on together then good luck to them but trying to keep the name would be a bad move imo.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 am

Wonder what Matt Barlow thinks, considering he's his brother in law and a police officer now.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:19 am

Ghost wrote:Wonder what Matt Barlow thinks

Ken's brother? :?

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:37 am

gavdann wrote:
Ghost wrote:Wonder what Matt Barlow thinks

Ken's brother? :?

Not interested in Ken's brother's opinion but if Mike Baldwin has something to say then I'll listen :lol:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Stu and Luke officially resigned from the band today.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Stu and Luke officially resigned from the band today.

Not surprised. I assume, if he's not too old or dead, John will give it another go with new people when he gets out.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:45 am

i0th2 wrote:With any luck being inside will get him to sort his head out and he comes out not an arsehole.

That's what I hope too.

I kinda feel sorry for a lot of them. There's been a real new kind of crazy in the U.S. all lead astray by a leader that's not be held accountable for his actions thanks to 43 really selfish people who are more concerned about their careers than about the well being of other humans.

Okay, that's my political rant that will probably get buried deep in this thread, but at least I got to say it.

bloodofthekings
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodofthekings » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:11 pm

Green Man III wrote:
i0th2 wrote:With any luck being inside will get him to sort his head out and he comes out not an arsehole.

That's what I hope too.

I kinda feel sorry for a lot of them. There's been a real new kind of crazy in the U.S. all lead astray by a leader that's not be held accountable for his actions thanks to 43 really selfish people who are more concerned about their careers than about the well being of other humans.

Okay, that's my political rant that will probably get buried deep in this thread, but at least I got to say it.

The whole concept of a senate impeachment trial was fundamentally flawed to begin with. There's a reason why regular criminals are tried by a jury who go through checks to make sure they're impartial and have no relationship to the defendant. This was a complete farce - most people who got to cast a vote would have either found him guilty for anything given half the chance or voted to acquit him even if he set fire to the fucking Oval Office himself.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:30 pm

bloodofthekings wrote:
Green Man III wrote:

That's what I hope too.

The whole concept of a senate impeachment trial was fundamentally flawed to begin with. There's a reason why regular criminals are tried by a jury who go through checks to make sure they're impartial and have no relationship to the defendant. This was a complete farce - most people who got to cast a vote would have either found him guilty for anything given half the chance or voted to acquit him even if he set fire to the fucking Oval Office himself.

A major issue is the the voting is completely out in the open, which means that even if senators thought he was guilty, they couldn't vote to impeach without risking their careers, their place in the Republican party of the retribution of the millions of voters who voted for Trump. Its a stupid system, its a wonder any president has ever been impeached.

As for Iced Earth, I hope they all go on to do something without Schaffer. The guitarist already has Witherfall, and they've got one of the best albums of the year so far, so hopefully the others can string something together.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 pm

I guess this all means Trump will be back campaigning in two years time and the press will lap it up giving him loads of air time. Depressing thought.