So...Marilyn Manson's evil image isn't just an act. (Allegedly)

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

So...Marilyn Manson's evil image isn't just an act. (Allegedly)

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:34 pm

I see the bad moon arising.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: So...Marilyn Manson's evil image isn't just an act. (Allegedly)

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:53 pm

It will be interesting to see where this goes.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:13 am

His music has always sucked so it makes sense that he sucks as a person as well.

If this proves to be true, lock him up and throw away the key so he can't make any more shit music.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:24 am

In my opinion his debut Portrait of an American Family is a fantastic record. Quite a unique slice of shock rock. Everything after that when he became more industrial was just poor.

Saw him at brixton academy in 1996 which was an awesome night but that could have just been because gigs were still new and fresh to me back then. I'm jaded now haa haa. Everytime I saw him after at fests he was absolutely terrible.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:59 pm

It may be true, it may not be or it may be a distorted view being as this was suppose to have happened over 10 years ago...

The thing that concerns me is the fact that he's being dropped by his record label and all his tv shows, if he was found guilty of anything then I would fully support this but its just a allegation for now by a disgruntled ex.

In my view I'm not sure, everyone knows hes into disturbing stuff in the bedroom (BDSM, Scat, watersports, extreme humiliation, ect.) he has never denied this and has admitted it if ever asked, so its not a surprise that its true, but you go into a relationship with someone like that with your eyes open, hes never hid what he likes.

I'm struggling with this as she in my view left it so the stature of limitations has ran out so he can't be tried for anything in a criminal court, which leaves his only action to weather the storm or to sue her for liable which would be a terrible idea as neither have any evidence so it will just be her word vs his and most people would find his bedroom desires sick and so he would most likely lose as the jury would not want to belive people do that kind of thing willingly.

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:07 pm

Drachenfells1 wrote:just a allegation for now by a disgruntled ex.

I agree with your innocent until proven guilty sentiment but it's 5 "disgruntled" ex's.

Drachenfells1
Lowly Peon

Postby Drachenfells1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:30 pm

5 is a lot, but I think 1 has recanted and deleted their tweet?

I have no doubt at all he's a domineering arsehole in relationships, its just I have met alot of people who like that and I get the feeling they were perfectly happy with it when they were with him, its just when they left they realized how low they went and felt embarrassed about stuff they did.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:29 pm

Drachenfells1 wrote: Scat.

CCCCOOORRRRR imagine being pooed on by that chubby sexy god Manson. :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:09 am

It seems that he's an absolute scumbag to me - it goes beyond a bit of sex play, supposedly he would do things like rape her in her sleep. But I agree, its a troublesome trend to have record labels dropping artists at the first sign of trouble. Its a lot of back and forth, and you honestly wonder what use it is her naming him like this - a year after the story first broke, when she REFUSED to name her attacker (even though everyone knew it was him).
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

gavdann
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby gavdann » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Skippy wrote:It seems that he's an absolute scumbag to me - it goes beyond a bit of sex play, supposedly he would do things like rape her in her sleep.

Drugging, raping, beating, abusing and let's not forget she was only 18 at the time so you can throw grooming in to the mix as well. She might not have been a child in the eyes of the law but she was still a star struck, inexperienced teenager and he was a 36 year old man ffs.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:15 pm

I always thought Manson was musically ok, and I will continue to like it, a bit, I guess.

However, I’m Not sure where I stand on this. It seems to boil down to the social responsibility around young female adults, which is both complex issue, and currently in traction with regards to social perceptions/opinion.

I would say that the rape and criminal violence accusations are currently unsubstantiated allegations, unless I’ve missed some proof somewhere. A knee jerk reaction from the business around him is therefore wrong.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:01 pm

gavdann wrote:
Drachenfells1 wrote:just a allegation for now by a disgruntled ex.

I agree with your innocent until proven guilty sentiment but it's 5 "disgruntled" ex's.

Dita Von Teese hasn't accused him of actual abuse- she lived with him for 4 or 5 years before they married and cites infidelity and drug abuse as the reason for divorce . This article seems to imply that Evan Rachel Wood was one of his infidelities.
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/f ... eese-0507/

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:18 am

Well, hands up anyone that doesn't have a disgruntled ex?

Extra hands up, anyone not have at least one ex that didn't try some sort of revenge type stuff on them by saying messed up stuff to anyone who'd listen in an attempt to make you look bad?

It happens! Sorry, it just does.

As for this case, who the hell knows. I wasn't there and neither were you. This is the sort of thing that should play out in courts if there is indeed a case to answer for. But so far, the fact that there are no charges just stinks of cancel culture to me... and that is something I have no time at all for.