The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 pm

the raw active polls are clearly fixed

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:23 pm

latest TNA, why turn AJ heel? urgh
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 am

TLC was pretty good. Best match was The Shield vs Ryback&TeamHellNo. Cena vs Dolph was pretty decent as well. 3MB actually playing a song live on RAW tomorrow night.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 am

Things I liked about TLC;

Rhodes Scholars really coming into their own, Cody's moustache, Antonio Cesaro still being awesome (6 month title reign now- I hope it continues THOUGH THEY NEED TO DO AN ANGLE WHERE HE RESURRECTS THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP), CM Punk's new tshirt (pretty much confirming he won't drop the title before the Rumble), Cody's moustache, everything about the 6 man TLC tag match (except for that nasty table botch at the end- I think Ryback launched Rollins too fast for him to spread himself out and bump properly), Big Show's comically oversized chair (next year let's see a MASSIVE TABLE!), Cody's Moustache, Del Rio's unexpected face turn making him wrestle better, THE BROOKLYN FUCKING BRAWLER ("he's still around?"), Ziggler beating Cena, and of course, Cody's moustache.

Things I disliked;

The diva's match (if it had've been the title match Eve had against Layla, or the triple threat including Kaitlyn from the previous few PPVs this whole night would've been flawless), Kofi not dropping the IC title to Barrett, Not having Ziggler cash in on Big Show and then defend against Cena which would have gotten him over much better.

All in all probably WWE's best show of the year.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:48 pm

TLC was good

Antonio Cessaro is fantastic though, I was hoping they'd do a thing with AJ and Cena actually being together though, they work well on screen
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Well, they must have thought that her ruining Cena's chances of getting the title back was a better storyline. To be fair, I was rooting on Ziggler to win, but not like that.
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Ziggler is so over with the crowd at the moment, i'm expecting a face turn shortly
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm also glad Del Rio I'm guessing is turning face soon as well? Although, the match they had was easily the worst on the matchcard. :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 pm

I just think Cessaro is awesome, best new talent in years

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 am

xBERSERKERx wrote:I'm also glad Del Rio I'm guessing is turning face soon as well? Although, the match they had was easily the worst on the matchcard. :lol:

What are you on about? Any match with THE BROKLYN MUTHAFUCKIN BRAWLER is instant gold! :lol:

Okay, it was bad but better than the divas match anyway.

I wouldn't be so hot on a Ziggler face turn, I hope WWE realise he's perfect at the level he's at now as a tweener. Being so cocky and self-centred is what makes his character great, I don't want to see that ruined by them making him develop a conscience.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:19 am

i knew ziggler wouldnt beat cena outright so was expecting some interference, though i expected big show to come back with his massive chair (the only good thing about his match)

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 am

So Ryback is getting too many Goldberg chants, so they've bought in Big E Langston, who is going to get Goldberg chants, great idea WWE :rolleyes:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Andy Hall wrote:So Ryback is getting too many Goldberg chants, so they've bought in Big E Langston, who is going to get Goldberg chants, great idea WWE :rolleyes:

I'm hoping more for "Ry-Black" instead :lol:

Hopefully he'll fill the "big oily black guy in pants" quota though so we'll never have to suffer David Otunga on tv again. The person in NXT most deserving of a push is Kassius Ohno but i'm hoping they save him til Cesaro drops the US championship then bring in Ohno to resurrect the Kings Of Wrestling tag team.
Upcoming Gigs

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:04 pm

NXT isn't bad to be honest, I enjoy it every week, so it can't be :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Andy Hall wrote:NXT isn't bad to be honest, I enjoy it every week, so it can't be :lol:

It's gotten better. I'm also a big Bray Wyatt fan, but I don't know how that character would work on Raw or Smackdown.
Upcoming Gigs