A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:58 pm

According to that Facebook quiz, I am 47% Northern.

I honestly do not know if this is a good thing.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:32 pm

I've managed to do shit because I'm lucky enough to have cool parents who let me live in their house for low rent, while I work and save up, then I fuck off. Only to inevitably return and repeat the process... :lol:

I'll find a rich career woman soon enough and then I can just be a house husband and play with kittens / tidy all day.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:41 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:How do people manage to just go travelling round the world for months at a time?
No matter how much money I try to save, i never seem to have any, got rent to pay n shit
How do they get time off work? I couldnt just get 6 months off
I fucking hate how hard it is to just do the shit you wanna do

It's easier if you run your own business (and have ways to have it run in your absence) and invest rather than save money so it works for you rather than slowly depreciate.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:How do people manage to just go travelling round the world for months at a time?
No matter how much money I try to save, i never seem to have any, got rent to pay n shit
How do they get time off work? I couldnt just get 6 months off
I fucking hate how hard it is to just do the shit you wanna do

When I went to Thailand for 3 months, I could take a career break and go back to my original job when I got back. My parents helped me fund my flights. I stayed with my brother and his various friends so didn't have to pay anything for accommodation.

When I went to Germany for a year it was for my uni work experience year. Had to fork out for flights myself, but I got a €1k relocation fund from the company to help moving out and settling into my accommodation. The company also recruited a housing association place to find me somewhere to stay. Obviously my salary from there funded that and food & flights back.

I generally find now that with my salary at the moment I don't have the time, or I have other financial commitments preventing me from travelling for long periods again. I'd have to do what Sam suggests and work for myself to save up a good few grand for us to fund an extended trip abroad as well as keeping the house afloat back home.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:26 am

Podgie. wrote:I've managed to do shit because I'm lucky enough to have cool parents who let me live in their house for low rent, while I work and save up, then I fuck off. Only to inevitably return and repeat the process... :lol:

Not that I've ever been travelling properly, but this.
Freelance ftw 8)

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:35 am

Found out Will Young is starring in the show I'm working on this week. Always find it kinda sad that these popstars who used to be the biggest thing in the world for a week, always end up in theatre

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:36 am

Nantha wrote:Found out Will Young is starring in the show I'm working on this week. Always find it kinda sad that these popstars who used to be the biggest thing in the world for a week, always end up in theatre

... don't a lot of major actors start off in theatre?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:35 am

Start off in and continue to work in, in a lot of cases. Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are doing theatre shows right now. I know there have been a lot of other people go back to theatre but my brain has as much power as poop at the moment.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:38 am

I think it's when they end up doing pantomimes that they've really gone to shit.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:51 am

From what I gather a lot of actors like Theatre. It's a bit like a band playing live, you don't have multiple takes, and you have to be on your game every night, and you can feed of the audiences energy. I certainly remember Rob Lowe and the Woman who plays River in Dr. Who talking about it on the Graham Naughton Show.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Jude Law, Dominic West, David Tennent, James Cordon have all done theatre stints recently. On the other end of the scale, i sawa poster in Crewe: ' coming soon to the Lyceum - Dirk Benedict is lieutenant Columbo'!

Ian McClellan did do a pantomime dame a few years ago.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Katesyl wrote:I think it's when they end up doing pantomimes that they've really gone to shit.

David Hasselhoff is "starring" in Peter Pan at Nottingham's Theatre Royal this year...
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Noodle wrote:
Katesyl wrote:I think it's when they end up doing pantomimes that they've really gone to shit.

David Hasselhoff is "starring" in Peter Pan at Nottingham's Theatre Royal this year...

Don't forget he's "starring" alongside Nottingham's own Su Pollard. :lol:
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

georgebailey96
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby georgebailey96 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 pm

2112...there's a reason it's one of the best albums ever.

Feeling a bit down so stuck it on...total pick up
A video of a "psychic fighter"'s imaginary kicks to the face, not being as good as real kicks to the face
http://www.last.fm/user/Georgebailey96
skull-wart wrote:I shit leather and drink denim.

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Nothing better than lying down late at night in the darkness, listening to 2112 and just picturing out the whole story in your head. :yes:
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.