What's freaking you out?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: What's freaking you out?

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm

No pills will make you happy. No pills will make you sad.

Pills will just make your brain able to lean one way or the other, rather than being stuck in whatever stupid fucking position it's decided to leave itself in. In my case it was usually, "You're a worthless piece of shit, people would be way better off if you were dead". I eventually managed to get it to the other side of "Hey, you're still a shitty person, but let's see if you can do better in the future"

I don't want to pretend to know what you've been through, we don't know each other well enough for it.

All I can say is, please start taking the pills again, and please make an emergency appointment and say they aren't working, and please talk to someone close to you that you trust, and please let them talk back, and please don't do anything stupid dude.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Katesyl wrote:Without meaning to sound condescending...

The medication isn't going to stop you feeling upset about what you've been through, but stopping taking it will make you feel worse. Please keep taking the medication for the depression (go back to the doctor if it's not working, you have to give it time though) and the other stuff sounds like something you need to work through separately. Any kind of counselling/therapy available to you?

No one has ever said they've started feeling great straight away - if you really want to get better you have to work at it yourself too. If you've been through bad stuff you will feel like shit for a while and no medication's going to help with that.

Edit: As an aside, I kept forgetting to take tablets while I was away/back home over Christmas because my routine was all over the place. Worst feeling ever, pretty much ruined my holiday.

Jobdone wrote:No pills will make you happy. No pills will make you sad.

Pills will just make your brain able to lean one way or the other, rather than being stuck in whatever stupid fucking position it's decided to leave itself in. In my case it was usually, "You're a worthless piece of shit, people would be way better off if you were dead". I eventually managed to get it to the other side of "Hey, you're still a shitty person, but let's see if you can do better in the future"

I don't want to pretend to know what you've been through, we don't know each other well enough for it.

All I can say is, please start taking the pills again, and please make an emergency appointment and say they aren't working, and please talk to someone close to you that you trust, and please let them talk back, and please don't do anything stupid dude.

I'm gonna quote these guys because it bears repeating. Anyone who says that anti depressants are a magic cure is a fucking moron and should be disregarded without question. Please listen to what's been posted, particularly Joe's last paragraph as he is speaking for a hell of a lot of people here.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:09 pm

But it's always important to remember that good things that happen when taking medication aren't a product of the medication - they're a product of you getting better.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:54 pm

There is also switching if one doesn't work. Sertraline was a Godsend to me but I had to stop taking it because it made me ill. That was still a good time even though I couldn't leave the house cos I was flarin'

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:24 pm

In a letter from one doctor to another, I've been referred to as a "24 year old lady." LADY. A grown up. I don't understand how I am a grown up.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:21 pm

peypea wrote:In a letter from one doctor to another, I've been referred to as a "24 year old lady." LADY. A grown up. I don't understand how I am a grown up.

I had that in a letter from a GP as well. Since when do ladies drink pints of ale :lol:
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:22 pm

peypea wrote:In a letter from one doctor to another, I've been referred to as a "24 year old lady." LADY. A grown up. I don't understand how I am a grown up.

Reminds me of something that happened when I went to the cinema with my mum and sister when I was about 8 years old. When we went to get our seats a punk couple who'd been in the previous showing were still leaving. They needed to get past so my mum said "Move out of the way while the lady and gentleman get past". The male punk gave her a very hard stare and exclaimed "I am NOT a gentleman!"
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:08 pm

This entire thing is fucking nightmare fuel

http://www.reddit.com/r/fearme

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Jobdone wrote:This entire thing is fucking nightmare fuel

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:16 am

What the fucking christ?
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 am

tranmerefan wrote:

What the fucking christ?

I jump between loving and hating that subreddit.

it completely corresponds with the time of day and how many people are in the house.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:57 pm

Had a dream I helped throw a massive surprise birthday party for my ex from when I was 16 / 18

It's actually her birthday today, whut? :? :lol:

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:10 pm

JrHunter wrote:Had a dream I helped throw a massive surprise birthday party for my ex from when I was 16 / 18

Well it's obviously on your mind. Don't dwell on it.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Davros wrote:
JrHunter wrote:Had a dream I helped throw a massive surprise birthday party for my ex from when I was 16 / 18

Well it's obviously on your mind. Don't dwell on it.

I don't see why it would be on my mind, I've not seen or talked to her in years!

Strange coincidence maybe.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Got all my information about my pension. Proper grown up things are scary.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock