Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby WorMzy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Noodle wrote:Page 420 read it 6969 butchered memes, etc.

Washing 60 Grolsch bottles is time consuming and tiring. Why can they not just be already clean so I can finally get round to bottling up this batch of beer that has long finished its recommended fermenting time?

Now in the sewer system so far:
4 mould cities, 17 mould towns, 34 mould villages.
2 spiders; 1 alive at the time of The Flood, 1 deceased, both in same bottle.
1 dried plant part.
5 or 6 washing machine load's worth (probably) of water.

Millilitres of water that hasn't made the sink so far: 300-ish (probably)
Number of words uttered that god frowns upon: scorekeeper lost count.

I'm not looking forward to this part of my own brewing escapade. Fortunately mead bottles are bigger than beer bottles, so I'll not have as many to sterilize. Still sounds like a chore though.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Maybe wash them when they're finished? :P

Then seal them with Clingfilm. You still need to sterilise them but it saves a lot of messing around later.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:50 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Ours is a blind one. Names have been put into envelopes, mixed up and a team placed outside. They get opened only when a team is knocked out.

I reckon I've got someone shit but not shit enough to be knocked out first (£5 wooden spoon prize)/

Update; I have either France or Portugal. :o :o 8)

Monday I'm going to be either £40 or £60 richer. :yes:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Street party on my road. Was gonna go out and force myself to engage in some strained conversation as per previous years as an excuse to get a bit of sun but it's gone behind the clouds and there's some bhangra band playing - whilst they sound ripping good, everyone's gravitating towards them and I can just see myself being grabbed and forced to dance and look like I'm enjoying myself, which I am especially shit at.

Too many kids as well.

Can't wait til 8pm tonight when I'll be stuffing my face with burgers and having the right to be as grumpy as I please.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:57 am

Went clubbing. WHY?

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:23 pm

The replacement bulbs I got in for my lamp aren't the same wattage and now it's like I'm sitting here in the dark (I hate overhead lights so I never use that)

I give it a week before I buy new ones. FFS.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:26 pm

Waiting on 7k's worth of unpaid invoices. I know it's a busy time of year, but it's getting a bit boring now.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Nantha wrote:Waiting on 7k's worth of unpaid invoices. I know it's a busy time of year, but it's getting a bit boring now.

Get some payment terms in your contracts! Then you can get legal on their asses for tardy payments.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Yeah I knoowww, I should really, but I'm lazy. Also I hate chasing and have a decent amount of savings so I never really worry when things take a while. It's more I want to check things off and file them away and they are preventing me from doing that.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 pm

thehairyone wrote:Went clubbing. WHY?

More importantly, you went to the wrong club. Otherwise, you wouldn't be asking that question ;-)
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:38 am

New fangled train is turning up in the mornings, and while it's all very shiny, there is 0 leg room. I'm fairly tall at 5'11", and my knees are pressed right up against the seat in front.

Good luck if you're taller than that. Also the train has been late by 15 minutes every day this week.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:49 am

VizardAmata wrote:New fangled train is turning up in the mornings, and while it's all very shiny, there is 0 leg room. I'm fairly tall at 5'11", and my knees are pressed right up against the seat in front.

Good luck if you're taller than that. Also the train has been late by 15 minutes every day this week.

HAd that on a coach once. The chap infront of my was unimpressed that he couldn't put his seat back...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:57 am

VizardAmata wrote:New fangled train is turning up in the mornings, and while it's all very shiny, there is 0 leg room. I'm fairly tall at 5'11", and my knees are pressed right up against the seat in front.

If they're what I think they are, then they are designed for the Japanese market where they are all about 5'2". :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:27 pm

Slev wrote:HAd that on a coach once. The chap infront of my was unimpressed that he couldn't put his seat back...

Lol. "What do you want me to do, chop my legs off? ..... Nevermind, don't answer that."

Gandalf the Red wrote:If they're what I think they are, then they are designed for the Japanese market where they are all about 5'2". :lol:

I could believe that. I'm pretty sure there are more seats on the train as people aren't jammed in like sardines by the time we get to London.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:33 pm

Growing up, trains, buses, etc, had "bench" seats, that is, one single wide steat for everyone.

Now they have "bucket" seats, indevidual shaped seats. That are always too narrow for a fwllow of my stature, leading to my taking up 1.5 seats and being very uncomfy.