What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby WorMzy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:11 pm

Looking to DIY CAT8 my house, and I'm actually enjoying the process. Not sure whether I should get a handyman in to run the cabling from my downstairs living room to my two spare bedrooms (one of which is a foster kitten room with a livestream), and/or whether I should split the cabling into two lengths and have a patch panel in the middle. Leaning towards the latter -- I've pretty much decided that the dead space above the staircase is ripe for a patch panel (and possibly an extra wardrobe/cupboard...), but I'm mostly convinced that I can work the cabling myself. The hardest part is running the cable from the living room to the main bedroom directly above it -- I'm pretty much going to have to cut a drill sized hole in the bedroom wall to make a cable-sized hole in the wall/floor cavity. between the two rooms -- it's deciding whether I want to get somebody else to do it, or at least suggest alternatives before I commit to the process. :l
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Noodle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:20 am

Turns out I don't need to drop 500 quid on a replacement aircon compressor for my car. After a bit of research, the pulley clutch no longer spinning when it's disengaged is normal. Local mechanic seemed concerned when it wasn't spinning freely when disengaged.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.