Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Postby Tet » Tue May 31, 2016 12:03 pm

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 am

Yeah I saw that too. Rosberg got none of this praise even after winning 4 races in a row, and Hamilton gets this after one race that he won thanks to a 13second pit stop from Red Bull fucking up...
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 pm

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:45 pm

I love Ricciardo, really hope to see him win a title in the near future. This years Formula 1 was really entertaining at the start of the season, but when Vettel imploded through both bad luck and bad decisions, Hamilton was never gonna let that slip without taking advantage and the final result was obvious several races before he actually clinched it.

Interesting watching this year and trying to work out what the future for Formula 1 is going to be in terms of future champions / drivers. Quite a bit of dead wood at the bottom with no real potential, and you have to imagine both the current Red Bull drivers will win quite a few titles at some point.

Black Wizard
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Black Wizard » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 pm

Kimi Raikkonen is the deadest dead wood of them all. He hasn't appeared remotely interested since he rejoined Ferrari and just seems to go through the motions every race weekend. I love Kimi and want him to win another race but he's consistently disappointing.

Thrash Bandicoot
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Thrash Bandicoot » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Contracts / loans suggest that Kimi is expected to retire at the end of 2018 with Ricciardo taking his place. Sainz can then be loan recalled to take the Red Bull position. That's the way I'm reading it anyway.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Possibly the most satisfying Le Mans result at the top. And that LMP2 finish... wow
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:52 am

In NLS news, Aston Martin beats Germany in the latest 4 hour race with Nicky Thiim and Maxime Martin. Klaus Auberlen wins his class in the second race since Sabine Schmitz corner was named. New BMW M4 (to replace the M6 GT3 at the end of the year) finishes 5th overall in its second test race.

In terms of Hypercar, I can't wait for next year's influx of LMH, and LMDH also looks exciting! It's going to be a pity we'll be losing Mazda from IMSA with the regulation change - a turbo charged 4 pot engine beating the rumbling V8s from Acura and Cadillac in the Daytona Prototype remains impressive feats, and I still think it's the prettiest body design.

That being said, with Toyota and Glickenhaus already homologated and BMW, Porsche, Audi, Peugeot, Ferrari, Cadillac, Acura and others with advanced declared interest and designs in varies stages of completion for either ACO or IMSA regs, this is going to be a golden era for the top class of sports car racing.
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:05 am

Niche series time. Mazda MX5 cup in North America, part of the IMSA (Daytona 24 hour, Sebring 12 hour) package. Way more exciting than BTCC. Last year's margin between 1st and 2nd places through the year with 2 races per weekend: about 10 seconds in total. This year's championship's just finished where neither championship leading driver knew who'd won until minutes after they'd arrived back in the pit lane. I won't spoil it as you can watch it on IMSA's youtube channel, but it was between a rookie and a previous scholarship winner.

Whilst we're on the IMSA subject, Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta today. Last time the Daytona Prototypes will race before the US's version of the Hypercar rules come in next year. Should be good. Would be nice to see one of the Acura teams take the win.