movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Raven
Leather Rebel

Postby Raven » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:29 pm

watched 'reign over me' on dvd last night,adam sandler in a serious role

very good!

adlym
Consort of the Beast

Postby adlym » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Hamdir wrote:Golden compass - terrible

Cheers for the heads up... Was fearing a mutilation...

OverlordofMetal
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby OverlordofMetal » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:23 pm

Saw Pan's Labyrinth on Film4 last night. Now that is a damn good movie, a fantasy you can really lose yourself in, but still rooted in reality. I'd recommend it to anyone. I'm enjoying the start of the Christmas season, looking forward to more good movies on TV until next month :D
Snoochie boochies!!!

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:38 pm

I've seen Enchanted, Hitman and Golden Compass at the cinema recently.

Hitman was very exciting - not too intellectually challenging and not insanely gory, but it was still good. I'd recommend it to anybody really.

Golden Compass was :( BUTCHERY. The more I think about the film, the more awful I think it is.

Enchanted was amazing haha. Really cheesy. Very stereotypical female girl/child type of film. :)

I want to see 'I am Legend', 'Bee Movie' and 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'.

St Trinians looks awful. lol.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Fred Claus = :hurl:

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:22 pm

k8iemay wrote:I've seen Enchanted, Hitman and Golden Compass at the cinema recently.

Hitman was very exciting - not too intellectually challenging and not insanely gory, but it was still good. I'd recommend it to anybody really.

Golden Compass was :( BUTCHERY. The more I think about the film, the more awful I think it is.

Enchanted was amazing haha. Really cheesy. Very stereotypical female girl/child type of film. :)

I want to see 'I am Legend', 'Bee Movie' and 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'.

St Trinians looks awful. lol.

Really dubious about Hitman, looks shit. And computer game to film conversions don't exactly have a good track record! May go see it it's still on next week.

Gonna do Mr Magoriums fingy magic tomorrow.

Almost went to see Enchanted on sunday, but my housemate and I decided that 2 guys going to see that together would just be wrong :oops: May go see it on my own :P

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:21 pm

See beowulf in 3d. Best thing I've seen at the cinema in years.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:09 am

I'm looking forward to I Am Legend but am wondering how it will compare to the Omega Man.

Recently I also watched 'Threads' from 1984, the BBC film/docudrama about what would happen after a nuclear attack, set in Sheffield. And oh my god it was easily one of the best pieces of film I've ever seen, especially seeing as it was made as a TV piece.

Jonoleth
Denim Demon

Postby Jonoleth » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:03 pm

Watched a couple of films yesterday, Alpha Dog first off, which was, well, OK, then I'm Not There, the Bob Dylan biopic, which was way better, only really for fans due to its somewhat convoluted storytelling style but I thought it was pretty good.
Then today I just watched Lions For Lambs which was utter claptrap. Bad Film, Tired vacuous message, just so utterly generic.

Robochrist
Powermetal Child

Postby Robochrist » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:48 pm

I watched Aliens for the first time in ages yesterday. Forgot how good it was ha.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 pm

angel_of_death wrote:
Really dubious about Hitman, looks shit. And computer game to film conversions don't exactly have a good track record! May go see it it's still on next week.

Almost went to see Enchanted on sunday, but my housemate and I decided that 2 guys going to see that together would just be wrong :oops: May go see it on my own :P

Y'see, I've never played the game but a guy I went with has and he said it was good. xD

And yeah haha it would look a bit dodgy :P It's worth it if you're that kind of guy.. I mean, we were a load of girls seeing the film mainly, but there was a feminine guy there with us who enjoyed it ;)

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:04 pm

k8iemay wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:

Y'see, I've never played the game but a guy I went with has and he said it was good. xD

And yeah haha it would look a bit dodgy :P It's worth it if you're that kind of guy.. I mean, we were a load of girls seeing the film mainly, but there was a feminine guy there with us who enjoyed it ;)

HAHA I'm not really a feminine kinda guy!!! But pah, who cares! A movie's a movie! :P

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Just watched the Plague Dogs. Great film. I'm on a grim movie rampage. I feel like I should perform some northern doom music but... I'm too talentless.

splellen
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby splellen » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:20 pm

Robochrist wrote:I watched Aliens for the first time in ages yesterday. Forgot how good it was ha.

I LOVE that film :D
One of the few sequels which I enjoyed more than the first.

I'll need to go look it out now.

Ross
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ross » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:33 pm

Memento - Really well filmed and nice to watch. Twist is a bit obvious but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

Going to see beowulf again tomorrow but at the IMAX in bradford. First IMAX experience and I can't fucking wait.