What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:26 am

*red* wrote:
PaulMaiden wrote:I am finally starting to understand this module of my course, about 4 1/2 hours before my exam! That's pretty good timing in my book, means I might actually pass!

Well done hun.
Good luck.
Sorry to hear about the Glandular Fever, I hope they take that into consideration in the exams (they should with doctors note).

Why am I happy??
Well it's friday,
Just got paid
Been to the gym everyday this week so feeling fit (and lost some weight :D ) going again tonight.
Saw korn wednesday, was at front (ummm future husband), had day off yesterday so feeling good.

Going out hopefully tonight (after gym of course) and seeing mummy and pregnant sister tommorrow (haven't seen them since christmas).
Maybe avenged sevenfold sunday (if ticket plan goes ahead) so yay.
Just hope nothing goes wrong.

How were Korn? Im off to see them in Leeds in March...havent heard anything bad about them on this tour, except for Munky been wasted at the gig before he left the tour.

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Korn were amazing.
They played music from all their albums, old and new. Put a great show on.
Played classics such as freak on a leash and blind but also some newies such as twisted transistor.
They were so worth it waiting 3 hours getting squashed at the front.

They played for the audience rather than just reel out all their music and thanked us for supporting them
Great atmosphere all round realy and one of my best gigs to date.

Hope you have fun hun
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Fun and games and burning clutches trying to reverse the van around a bend into the yard on the steepest slope in South Bucks. Bloody Wycombe. :lol:

Early finish and overtime. Shattered. Looking at a flat tomorrow afternoon.

:)
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:41 am

It's Saturday. Which means I don't have to spend time and efffort getting dressed and trundling off to somewhere I don't want to be, doing things I don't want to do. Also known as "Work"
Plans for day: Sit around in dressing gown playing on computer and listening to metal.

Drugged_unholy
Leather Rebel

Postby Drugged_unholy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:58 pm

Recieving my bloodstock ticket.

There was a problem with them initially sending it to my old address (my fault) but a few e-mails and some superb customer service meant I now have it. Don't think ticketmaster would have bothered to make the effort.

Jonoleth
Denim Demon

Postby Jonoleth » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:35 pm

New computer and two new monitors, it feels all space age and new, flat screens, what will they do next! :D

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Going to reply in the 'what pissed you off today' topic, then realising I have nothing to put.

Today has been brilliant. Had another driving lesson, and managed to stop stalling the car constantly. Karate was fine, then I met up with loads of friend, I know have a lovely girlfriend, drank (and am still drinking) copious amounts of rum (which is a reason in its own right), and generally just rocked.

Got home, and a friend who had decided to not talk to me any more for various reasons started apologising to me over msn, and said that they wanted to talk to me again.

Why do good things always cluster together?
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:38 am

A band called iLiKETRAiNS. Basically an inch away from Funeral Doom/late Anathema, yet somehow marketed along with indie and the NME/Kaiser Chiefs crowd.

I'm not sure whether this makes me sad in the long run, but I like the music, and perhaps it shows taste isn't completely dead.

PaulMaiden
Paster of Muppets

Postby PaulMaiden » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:15 am

Xzar wrote:A band called iLiKETRAiNS. Basically an inch away from Funeral Doom/late Anathema, yet somehow marketed along with indie and the NME/Kaiser Chiefs crowd.

I'm not sure whether this makes me sad in the long run, but I like the music, and perhaps it shows taste isn't completely dead.

They aren't too bad actually!

Jonoleth
Denim Demon

Postby Jonoleth » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:53 am

PaulMaiden wrote:
Xzar wrote:A band called iLiKETRAiNS. Basically an inch away from Funeral Doom/late Anathema, yet somehow marketed along with indie and the NME/Kaiser Chiefs crowd.

They aren't too bad actually!

I ended up buying an album after Sam introduced me to them the other day, really really good.

k8iemay
Leather Rebel

Postby k8iemay » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:22 pm

MESHUGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DISCOGRAPHYYYYYYYYYY

It is back. :)

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:39 pm

Going to see the Lancashire Hotpots last night

And sorting out some good working hours for this week :)

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Got dragged to see My Ruin last night and they were nowhere near as bad as I thought they'd be...and then saw some mates at Rios who I havent seen for a few months cos of my health problems so twas all good :D

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 am

My dream last night contained Ma Baker and Mr Garrison...

yess i was somehow trying to drive Mr Garrison out of my wardrobe with an electric toothbrush...

talk about fucking weird.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:45 am

You oddball, Han! :D

We possibly recorded the worst song in history tonight. Take every lyrical and musical cliche from the 80s glam scene and put it in a 3 minute song.

So fucking awesome. 8)
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes