The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:17 pm

:hug: You're a sweetheart, young Hamdir. You just weren't around long enough for me to do something stupid...like leave the country or get scared and run a mile.

I dunno, just not met someone I *really* like in a while, and they feel the same way/aren't in a relationship. I play in a fucking rock band, when did this stop working in my favour!? :lol:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Epic_Kirsty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Epic_Kirsty » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:I play in a fucking rock band, when did this stop working in my favour!? :lol:

When bands like KISS soured your image as a rockstar who just wants to fuck-you-and-leave-you. :lol: :P

But yeah...I would totally just delete that post if people hadn't quoted me. What a rant! What was I thinking? :lol:

But yeah, that thing about wearing sari's and watermelons to state your intentions got me thinking. We should come up with some sort of colour coded wristband idea so people know your relationship status/intentions.

Red = Single
Blue = Taken
Green = Just looking for some fun.

Or something along those lines!

Although I can see a girl who just happens to be wearing a blue/green wristband and knows nothing about this 'code' being hounded by the forum boys!
"Don't worry, I've done this before, it will hurt like hell and leave you sore".

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Applecore wrote:Things could (COULD) be taking a turn for the better..
A while back me and my man-whorish mate went into a local McDonalds establishment, and the girl who served us was beautiful. She reminded me (looks wise, anyway) of Ellen Page in Juno, minus the preggo. For some reason, I couldn't get her out of my mind for the rest of the day. I wanted to go back and buy more food just to see her again (but decided against it due to money and risking looking like a right pig). To top things off, when I mentioned her later to my mate, he said he didn't really pay attention to her as "she didn't really seem interested in [him]" (which kinda shows you all a bit of what he's like).
Now, one of my best (female) mates has just got a job in that very store! I've told her about this girl, and she's said that she'll try to get talking to her and dig up some info for me, as well as chucking in a few good words about her friend Craig, who's single and is a really nice guy :D

I'm probably just being optimistic about all this, but hey, it's worth a shot.

UPDATE:
Just got a text from the mate who was gonna talk to her for me..
She's taken. Fuckballs.
Back to square one...
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:14 pm

Sorry to hear it, dude. Have a hug. :hug:

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:26 pm

Had another talk with the girl I was moaning about a while back. She's content with her merely adequate boyfriend (her words, not mine), and so I have no hope there. :yes:

The next day, an ex came over, and owing to events, I'm slightly less bitter about the whole situation than I could be. But hey, the fact remains that I completely fail to 'pull' anyone I genuinely like, and have an entirely undeserved reputation for the opposite.
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Hamdir wrote:
Anyway, why do you have the relation-shits alex? If you wern't living in York I would'a snapped you up straight away. Proper Gentleman you are :D

You (Alex) sent me a Facebook message about some sort of super-spy James Bond-esque seagull. Your sense of humour's pretty decent it seems :lol: *shrug*
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:33 pm

Oh, Quentin the seagull! Yeah, we went to Whitby because Jess's Master's is something to do with Captain Cook monuments. Everytime she went for a close-up, Quentin flew in, ruining the scene.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Epic_Kirsty wrote:
Twaddlefish wrote:I play in a fucking rock band, when did this stop working in my favour!? :lol:

When bands like KISS soured your image as a rockstar who just wants to fuck-you-and-leave-you. :lol: :P

But yeah...I would totally just delete that post if people hadn't quoted me. What a rant! What was I thinking? :lol:

But yeah, that thing about wearing sari's and watermelons to state your intentions got me thinking. We should come up with some sort of colour coded wristband idea so people know your relationship status/intentions.

Red = Single
Blue = Taken

Although I can see a girl who just happens to be wearing a blue/green wristband and knows nothing about this 'code' being hounded by the forum boys!

I have red hair, and a red wristband will clash. Please change this. Thank you.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:25 pm

herzeleid wrote:
Epic_Kirsty wrote:

Red = Single
Blue = Taken

Combination of Wacken 08 and Hellfest 09 wristbands = single and fucking sick of it? :D
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Postby MotorAmarth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:26 pm

Applecore wrote:
UPDATE:
She's taken. Fuckballs.
Back to square one...

Ah bummer

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

necropsy
Definitely Not Nu

Postby necropsy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:44 am

Twaddlefish wrote::hug: You're a sweetheart, young Hamdir. You just weren't around long enough for me to do something stupid...like leave the country or get scared and run a mile.

I dunno, just not met someone I *really* like in a while, and they feel the same way/aren't in a relationship. I play in a fucking rock band, when did this stop working in my favour!? :lol:

That seems to be the problem in York, it's big enough to be a city, but small enough to know, or at least know something about, just about everybody who lives there, so meeting new people is quite the challenge. I've found from experience (not whilst looking for a relationship, as I'm in one) that if you start talking to someone and you mention, say, where you work or which school you went to, then the person your talking to will be like "ohh, so you know this person, and this person, etc etc etc."

You can't not have heard something about everyone in york...

Alex.
Paster of Muppets

Postby Alex. » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:56 pm

MotorAmarth wrote:
Applecore wrote:
UPDATE:
She's taken. Fuckballs.
Back to square one...

Ah bummer

I read that as oh? bum her!

V-Man wrote:If I wanted to act mature why would I have stayed in education? GAWD

MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Postby MotorAmarth » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:08 pm

abanner wrote:
MotorAmarth wrote:
Applecore wrote:
UPDATE:
She's taken. Fuckballs.
Back to square one...

Ah bummer

I read that as oh? bum her!

That's what I meant... :eyes:

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

Epic_Kirsty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Epic_Kirsty » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 pm

herzeleid wrote:
Epic_Kirsty wrote:

Red = Single
Blue = Taken

Never. You'll have to dye your hair I'm afraid. :eyes:
"Don't worry, I've done this before, it will hurt like hell and leave you sore".

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Surely it should be red for taken, as in red for stop.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage